Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hey guys, this is the official thread for discussing neato!. Not that you can't post threads elsewhere, but if you want responses to questions or to suggest features, this is where you should do it.
    toyotast165 likes this.
    im havin trouble gettin google maps to work. do i have to click on a certain place in the window to get the proper url o send?
  3. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    What he said. Not sure how to get the maps to send to phone. Just shows up as text to be copied.
    Im having trouble with sending copied text, all that happens is links get sent to the phone instead.

Also would it be possible to somehow implement a way to do the reverse, ie send links to your computer...

On second thought, I'd assume that to be next to impossible without a plugin for firefox/chrome/safari?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I use Internet Explorer and cannot, upon going to the Neato! URL as instructed by the app, seem to drag the blue Neato! link anywhere. The YouTube video uses Chrome. What am I missing (besides not being able to use the app)?
    Why does the neato! have a notification icon always running. Do services have too slow a poll speed or take more memory?
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    After putting my unique URL on my favorites bar (using safari), I decided to test it. I tried a basic URL, google maps--directions-- & a text. I couldn't get any of them to work. When I clicked on Neato! in my favorite's bar on the computer, I got a big white page telling me to drag it to my favorite's bar--again. On the phone, I have the N! in the bottom right corner below the launcher bar, but NOTHING appeared on my phone. Thinking Safari might be the problem, I tried using Firefox, but couldn't even get as far as it would--on it's own--put the www in my URL, which wasn't supposed to be there, & say it couldn't even find the url much less to drag it to the favorite's bar. Any help is appreciated as this seems like a very cool app, especially on the video.
    I already asked you on twitter but I guess you missed it. Is the version of Neato! that you sent to Palm have the "send to computer" feature?
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    After putting my unique URL on my favorites bar (using safari), I decided to test it. I tried a basic URL, google maps--directions-- & a text. I couldn't get any of them to work. When I clicked on Neato! in my favorite's bar on the computer, I got a big white page telling me to drag it to my favorite's bar--again. On the phone, I have the N! in the bottom right corner below the launcher bar, but NOTHING appeared on my phone. Thinking Safari might be the problem, I tried using Firefox, but couldn't even get as far as it would--on it's own--put the www in my URL, which wasn't supposed to be there, & say it couldn't even find the url much less to drag it to the favorite's bar. Any help is appreciated as this seems like a very cool app, especially on the video.
    Looks like you have bokmarked your unique URL. Instead, bookmark the link given on that page. It is this bookmarklet that accomplishes the task.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ten08 View Post
    Looks like you have bokmarked your unique URL. Instead, bookmark the link given on that page. It is this bookmarklet that accomplishes the task.
    To ensure I understand... After getting the URL & typing it in, I get a message saying to drag Neato! to the favorite's bar. It is that word Neato! that needs to be on the favorite's bar vs the URL renamed Neato?

I was having trouble dragging it to place on the bar, but will try again--thanks.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    To ensure I understand... After getting the URL & typing it in, I get a message saying to drag Neato! to the favorite's bar. It is that word Neato! that needs to be on the favorite's bar vs the URL renamed Neato?

I was having trouble dragging it to place on the bar, but will try again--thanks.
    I am too having the same problem. I will not allow any Apple software on my PC including Safari, so I deleted this application from my Pre. I also do not like having the notification taking up space, and there is no way to terminate it, short of restarting Pre.
    I have to find and download this app. From what I've heard, it seem like a good app to have.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    I am too having the same problem. I will not allow any Apple software on my PC including Safari, so I deleted this application from my Pre. I also do not like having the notification taking up space, and there is no way to terminate it, short of restarting Pre.
    By the video, I think you can close the App by swiping it off & then just reopen via the icon--if that's what you want.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RL View Post
    I have to find and download this app. From what I've heard, it seem like a good app to have.
    If you missed the video as presented on PreCentral, here is the link to the article w/the video:

http://www.precentral.net/how-use-ne...os-phone-video

Looks very cool, but I can't get it to work. Obviously, Dieter & others have had few/no problems.
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Cancel everything. neato! is now working for me & very cool. Initially, I had done what ten08 said & had bookmarked the unique URL vs dragging the word neato! to my bookmarks bar. After numerous attempts at dragging it to the bookmarks bar, I was successful--don't know why I had the problems before, but I have tested it w/maps, text & video & it works as advertised.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Thanks for the video link. This link worked for me tonight, but the link I had earlier did not. I tried Foxfire and was able to bookmark the link. The problem I had was with IE8, I should have known the problem was there in the first place. I re-installed Neato! and it worked as advertized. This is truly a Neat-O application.
    any news about the new version? still get shown 0.5.0.
    Zhephree | New features coming in neato! this week! (w/ screenshots)

and could you check this Port 8801 "issue"?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2635911
    btw. when the first link is sent to my phone via 3G (=port 8801 enabled), then i can send later links via wifi (port 8801 blocked) until pre goes to sleep mode. So it really seems neato needs that connection to 8801 only once in the beginning. Perhaps this helps getting it more "compatible" for special wifi-hotspot configs.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    im havin trouble gettin google maps to work. do i have to click on a certain place in the window to get the proper url o send?
    You should be able to just view a maps.google.com page and click neato! to send it to your phone. No need to do anything on the maps page. Are you still having issues?

Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    Im having trouble with sending copied text, all that happens is links get sent to the phone instead.

Also would it be possible to somehow implement a way to do the reverse, ie send links to your computer...

On second thought, I'd assume that to be next to impossible without a plugin for firefox/chrome/safari?
    To send text, just highlight text on the page and click neato!. No need to copy the text on your computer first.

And your assumption about going from phone-PC is accurate. Working on a way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    I use Internet Explorer and cannot, upon going to the Neato! URL as instructed by the app, seem to drag the blue Neato! link anywhere. The YouTube video uses Chrome. What am I missing (besides not being able to use the app)?
    In IE, you might have to right-click the link and select Add to Favorites instead of dragging it.

Quote Originally Posted by megaman821 View Post
    Why does the neato! have a notification icon always running. Do services have too slow a poll speed or take more memory?
    Yeah, polling can only happen once every 5 minutes, which wouldn't be very useful. Besides, neato! requires a constant connection, so polling wouldn't work anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    I already asked you on twitter but I guess you missed it. Is the version of Neato! that you sent to Palm have the "send to computer" feature?
    It will not. I'm still working on a method to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by resturg View Post
    No need to install Safari or any browser. it will work in Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer. in IE, you must right-click the link and select Add to Favorites instead of dragging it.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    any news about the new version? still get shown 0.5.0.
    Zhephree | New features coming in neato! this week! (w/ screenshots)

and could you check this Port 8801 "issue"?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2635911
    btw. when the first link is sent to my phone via 3G (=port 8801 enabled), then i can send later links via wifi (port 8801 blocked) until pre goes to sleep mode. So it really seems neato needs that connection to 8801 only once in the beginning. Perhaps this helps getting it more "compatible" for special wifi-hotspot configs.
    Still waiting on Palm to approve the new version. They got backlogged when they announced webOS 2.0 stuff. I'm hoping it gets approved today.

Hm, that's really weird. I'll have to look further into this.

And glad those that had issues got them working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    You should be able to just view a maps.google.com page and click neato! to send it to your phone. No need to do anything on the maps page. Are you still having
    I've gotten the link to send once since I made that first post, but not in the few attempts since then. Also the copy text feature doesn't always work. I'll check again when I get near a computer to give you a better update.
    Nice app but I can't seem to get it to take me to a URL to download Music Player Remix 2.0 beta. I click on the URL in Precentral's app gallery and click the neato! bookmarklet on my browser and on my phone I get the message "neato! message received!" but nothing else happens...am I missing something?
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast