Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Sorry for this basic question, but I've looked everywhere for the answer with no luck (the instructions haven't helped).

How do I send something from the phone to my PC? What does it mean when it says in the instructions "make sure your neato! web page is open on your computer and that Receive is turned on under the 'send & receive' section." O.K., how do I get the neato! web page open on my computer? Thanks.
    That's what the forums are for... to ask questions; even the basic ones so don't be sorry

The "neato! web page" is in this form: "http://zhephree.com/neato/id/[yourid]"
    It should be the same place where you got the bookmarklet from.

Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    The Neato webpage is the link that you get when you hit "Generate URL". That becomes YOUR Neato home page. Scroll down and you will see a box for messages. Make sure that receive is ON. There is also a history log. When you send anything to Neato from your phone, a window will appear with the message. If you are not at your Neato home page when you send something, it will still be received in the log the next time you go to your Neato home page.
    i cannot seem to figure out how to send links to my PC... do you support a specific browser only? I use Firefox
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    i cannot seem to figure out how to send links to my PC... do you support a specific browser only? I use Firefox
    I've tried it on IE, Firefox and Chrome with no issues. Just follow the instructions mentioned previously: make sure you're on the neato! page, send the link using your phone and you should see a pop up in the browser.

Possibly related: at work, I have issues specifically with Firefox when connecting through a proxy that I don't see in Chrome or IE.
    Any guess at to how long before a Chrome extension is up and running? Not in a huge hurry or anything, but wanna know how often I should check back here
    Hopefully right after the Firefox extension! :P
    O.K., thanks, but now that I have the home page open on my PC, nothing is coming through. That is, Neato! on my phone indicates the message was sent, but nothing shows up on the PC home page. I've closed and reopened the Neato! home page several times and tried to resend the message to no avail.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by ahitz View Post
    Even if your computer isn't on or logged into you neato page, it will store messages you send with Neato! You can go to your neato page any time and view the history.

The free Relego app + one of the "send to relego" browser patches + Read It Later is still a little better solution to this, because you can manage which ones you mark as "read" or remove specific entries. Or the same thing is available with the not-free InstaPaper app (forgot the name) and patches.

The Newsroom creater has said he plans on implementing directly adding to Read it Later or Instapaper, but his attention is focused more on the iOS, WP7, and Android versions at the moment.
    You are a gentleman and a scholar!!! I have spent DAYS trying to find a solution for this. This is 100% what I am looking for. Be nice if I didn't have to open the website to RIL from newsroom, but I guess I'll just have to wait for the dev.

Thank you times a bazillion!
    How do I delete the "send to computer" launcher icons?

Thanks for this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by mh3rn4nd3z3 View Post
    How do I delete the "send to computer" launcher icons?

Thanks for this app.
    Same way you delete any launcher icon. hold the orange/silver button on the keyboard and tap the icon. You'll be given the option to delete.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 12/14/2010 at 01:46 AM. Reason: spelling error
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I have a crazy idea. What if when you click on the neato! button in the browser and neato! (on the phone) Isn't opened, it is saved. Then when the phone connects, the saved info is sent.

I'm not sure if there are server issues, bandwidth, or its just not a good idea, but I like it.

Sometimes my phone is in another room, or I forgot to turn neato! on. This would allow me to use this great app more often. Thanks!
    Last edited by TyBec; 12/14/2010 at 10:28 AM.
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I think that is already implemented through the "history" button...I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    the "error receiving!" banner isn't anything to worry about. it's just neato trying to connect when it's already connected. right now, it's just an annoyance more than anything. i'll take care of it in the next release.
    any word on when this little bug will go away? it may be an "annoyance", but it's enough to keep me from leaving Neato! in the dashboard.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    any word on when this little bug will go away? it may be an "annoyance", but it's enough to keep me from leaving Neato! in the dashboard.
    Agreed...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Bell Pre- running 2.1 @ 800MHz
    Samsung Galaxy Tab (stock)
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    VERY soon. It's fixed in v1.0 of the app, which I want to submit to Palm by the weekend, if not early next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TyBec View Post
    I have a crazy idea. What if when you click on the neato! button in the browser and neato! (on the phone) Isn't opened, it is saved. Then when the phone connects, the saved info is sent.

I'm not sure if there are server issues, bandwidth, or its just not a good idea, but I like it.

Sometimes my phone is in another room, or I forgot to turn neato! on. This would allow me to use this great app more often. Thanks!
    Yeah, that basically exists already with the history view. Your history of previously sent items is automatically deleted every 24-72 hours. Unfortunately, I have no control over this as it goes through a third party.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    I'm currently in another country and have turned data off for avoid roaming costs.

When I start neato in a wifi area it works fine, but as soon as I walk out off it Neato! starts to pop up in the notification aread with the message "error receiving".

The problem is that I can't find a way to close neato, if I press the notification area or start the app again it dies straight away, but the notification keeps poping up th e whole timeuntil I walk into another wifi zone and can close the app properly

Basically I can I turn the application off when I not connected?

Cheers
    JD Evora
  17.    #177  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdevora View Post
    I'm currently in another country and have turned data off for avoid roaming costs.

When I start neato in a wifi area it works fine, but as soon as I walk out off it Neato! starts to pop up in the notification aread with the message "error receiving".

The problem is that I can't find a way to close neato, if I press the notification area or start the app again it dies straight away, but the notification keeps poping up th e whole timeuntil I walk into another wifi zone and can close the app properly

Basically I can I turn the application off when I not connected?

Cheers
    JD Evora
    You can't just swipe the notification in the dashboard away to the side to get rid of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    I've tried it on IE, Firefox and Chrome with no issues. Just follow the instructions mentioned previously: make sure you're on the neato! page, send the link using your phone and you should see a pop up in the browser.

Possibly related: at work, I have issues specifically with Firefox when connecting through a proxy that I don't see in Chrome or IE.
    thanks man.
    Loving the new update to Neato! Great work Zhephree Nice to see everything working again and the improvements, especially the new Chrome extension!

Thanks!
    In the new version:
    Friends disappear after closing and restarting the app.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast