Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Anyone figured out how to send from phone to PC? I can't find any release notes on this or any article on his blog. I'm super excited to try it out but just a little confused on how it works. Thanks.
    there's a little explanation in the instructions in the app menu itself on your phone. I haven't been able to try it out yet...
    Worked perfect! Love it!
    how do you send from phone to pc using google chrome browser?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    As noted in a post above, I have answered the question in a previous post. It will not work with NoScript since, well, neato! is a script. Yes, a Firefox extension is coming. While I said that in September, I think November is still soon. When you're the sole developer of a product and have 3 browsers to code extensions for in addition to the app itself, 3 months is still considered soon in my book.
    Yes, I realize that "soon" is a relative term. That's why I asked for an update.

Thanks for the great app, your work is appreciated!
    Does your computer need to be on to receive the message? I want to use the software as follows:
    I am constantly in Newsroom, and there are MANY times there are sites and videos I"d much rather look at on my laptop. Most of the time though I am not home and my laptop is off. The next time I get on the laptop it'd be nice if any messages I sent to neato came up then.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Does your computer need to be on to receive the message? I want to use the software as follows:
    I am constantly in Newsroom, and there are MANY times there are sites and videos I"d much rather look at on my laptop. Most of the time though I am not home and my laptop is off. The next time I get on the laptop it'd be nice if any messages I sent to neato came up then.
    It will have a history of the last websites sent to your computer (not sure how many) .

Your computer doesn't have to be on and neato! can be on numerous computers if you wanted too.
    Last edited by djgardn2; 11/11/2010 at 09:10 PM.
    thanks zhephree, this app is awesome. i've been waiting for something like this b/c i hate having to email stuff to my phone/computer back and forth. I'm at work and testing it on IE 7 b/c that's what the hospital is still stuck on, and so far, it works great! Can't wait to test it with Chrome when I get home
    My Patches
    -Change Number of Bookmarks.patch
    -Change Carrier String and Color of Carrier String and Date/Time.patch
    -Increase Top Bar Font Size.patch

If you appreciate the work or comments somebody has done, then use the thanks button to let them know!

"Freedom isn't free"
    This may have been brought up, but I'd love to see some integration with other apps like the web browser. There's already an option to "Share" a link via email, so I could see the "share" option extending to Neato! as well. Would certainly save a lot of cutting and pasting via webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    This may have been brought up, but I'd love to see some integration with other apps like the web browser. There's already an option to "Share" a link via email, so I could see the "share" option extending to Neato! as well. Would certainly save a lot of cutting and pasting via webos.
    See this thread
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Hey Zhephree,

Wonder if you'd consider adding a "send to computer" button to the dashboard that would send whatever is in the clipboard. Not sure if there's an API to access the clipboard contents, but it would save a couple steps if you could copy the text, then hit a button on the dashboard rather than tap the dashboard, click "send to computer", paste the clipboard contents and click "send data". The dashboard isn't being used for much, so it seems like a good use of space.

Another idea for the dashboard might be to list a couple lines of history or maybe the user's code.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

I just downloaded the Neato upgrade and the chrome plugin and pushed to my browser for the first time!

Incredible!!

I also installed the Neato! It patch as well, which shows that there is an opportunity for Neato to create a service (api or webOS 2.0 Node.jsjsjs $service$) $that$ $other$ $application$ $developers$ $can$ $exploit$ $to$ $push$/$send$-$to$-$desktop$/$browser$ $from$ $their$ $apps$.

And furthermore, this app/service is something that could possibly be suggested to HP-Palm as a means of illustrating that while apps on webOS can provide rich mobile experiences, they still allow users to maintain a connection to their desktop browsers through the apps.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nyquistJack View Post
    Even if your computer isn't on or logged into you neato page, it will store messages you send with Neato! You can go to your neato page any time and view the history.

The free Relego app + one of the "send to relego" browser patches + Read It Later is still a little better solution to this, because you can manage which ones you mark as "read" or remove specific entries. Or the same thing is available with the not-free InstaPaper app (forgot the name) and patches.

The Newsroom creater has said he plans on implementing directly adding to Read it Later or Instapaper, but his attention is focused more on the iOS, WP7, and Android versions at the moment.
    For the last two days, Neato has stopped working for me

If I use the neato bookmarklet to send anything from my pc to my phone, I get a message on my phone saying neato message received, but the browser doesn't open.

If I use the "hub" page (http://zhephree.com/neato/id/neato/[userid]) I can send anything to my phone, but I can't receive anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this or experienced this before? Any advice? Any help would be much appreciated
    Last edited by lovemarc; 11/18/2010 at 04:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemarc View Post
    For the last two days, Neato has stopped working for me

If I use the neato bookmarklet to send anything from my pc to my phone, I get a message on my phone saying neato message received, but the browser doesn't open.

If I use the "hub" page (neato![userid]) I can send anything to my phone, but I can't receive anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this or experienced this before? Any advice? Any help would be much appreciated
    Same here:
    * Phone2Computer txt messages won't arrive Browser FF3 (History does not show anything)

* Computer2Phone txt messages work
    * Computer2Phone urls won't work

* History won't show anything on Computer or Phone

It all worked in the beginning at least with version 0.9.0 - I'm on 0.9.2 since some days, but haven't checked it directly after updating, but yesterday and now it does not work.
    Me too...

** pc to phone only works using the "neato hub" page (copy-paste into text box and click "send to phone" button)
    ** using bookmarklet in any browser shows the message on the phone as if it has worked ("neato message received") but nothing happens.

** phone to pc doesn't work for anything

** history doesn't show anything

If Zhephree's reading this (or anyone else)... can you help out here?

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mlove99 View Post
    Me too...

** pc to phone only works using the "neato hub" page (copy-paste into text box and click "send to phone" button)
    ** using bookmarklet in any browser shows the message on the phone as if it has worked ("neato message received") but nothing happens.

** phone to pc doesn't work for anything

** history doesn't show anything

If Zhephree's reading this (or anyone else)... can you help out here?

Thanks.
    Same issues for me. One additional point: If I highlight text on a web page and send it to neato! on my phone, it appears with additional characters, as in the screen shot below. If I use the "hub" page, the text appears normally.

neato_2010-18-11_071200.png
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Same issues for me. One additional point: If I highlight text on a web page and send it to neato! on my phone, it appears with additional characters, as in the screen shot below. If I use the "hub" page, the text appears normally.

neato_2010-18-11_071200.png
    I've just tried that now (highlighting text on a web page and sending to neato!) and I get exactly the same response: additional characters when using bookmarklet/extension on browser and normal characters when using the "hub" page.

At least we're not the only ones... I imagine there's a few others experiencing this too.

Zhephree, can you help us out here please?

Thanks
    ^^^^^ me too

thats why I am here.
    I'm having all the same issues as you guys as well.