Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Any updates on getting Neato to work with Firefox's NoScript extension?
    Still waiting on an answer to this question.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I have everything working fine but I still can't "View History" to work. It just keeps spinning and spinning.

What have I done wrong?
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I have everything working fine but I still can't "View History" to work. It just keeps spinning and spinning.

What have I done wrong?
    Nothing -- View History is currently broken and will be fixed in a future update.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Thanks for the prompt response! Looking forward to the update!
    Zhephree:

I've asked this question a few times in this thread but you seem to be ignoring it.

Any updates on getting Neato to work with Firefox's NoScript extension?
    Can you please give me an answer? If Neato won't be able to work with Firefox's NoScript extension, that's fine, just let us know. You had previously mentioned something about a FF extension a few months ago but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks!
    I've asked this question a few times in this thread but you seem to be ignoring it.
    He didn't ignore it, he answered it in post 42, and you even quoted his answer in post 74.

NoScript is designed to block Javascript and that's what it's doing. If you want to use the bookmarklet you'll have to disable NoScript or configure it in a way that allows the bookmarklet to run (see below). It's not Zhephree's job to figure out how to write unblockable javascript. If you don't want to fix NoScript, you'll have to wait for the Firefox plugin that Zhephree is working on.

BTW, I just installed NoScript and neato! is working just fine. I suggest you look in the NoScript options. Go to the Advanced tab, then the Untrusted tab, then make sure the "Forbid bookmarklets" box is unchecked.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    He didn't ignore it, he answered it in post 42, and you even quoted his answer in post 74.
    Yes, I know that. In post 42 he says:

Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Unfortunately, no. The bookmark is just a string of JavaScript, so, it gets blocked by NoScript, as it should. When the FF extension comes out (soon) it won't be affected by NoScript.
    That was in September. My additional posts were asking what the status was. He said a FF extension would be out "soon" - I haven't seen it yet and wanted to know the status.

It's not Zhephree's job to figure out how to write unblockable javascript. If you don't want to fix NoScript, you'll have to wait for the Firefox plugin that Zhephree is working on.
    Yes, I know, that is why I've asked about the status of the Firefox plugin...twice. If he didn't say he was working on one, I wouldn't have expected anything.

BTW, I just installed NoScript and neato! is working just fine. I suggest you look in the NoScript options. Go to the Advanced tab, then the Untrusted tab, then make sure the "Forbid bookmarklets" box is unchecked.
    It is unchecked, Neato still does not work unless I completely disable NoScript. I'm using Win XP.
    Alright, well that wasn't very clear. You mentioned getting it to work with NoScript and didn't mention the upcoming neato! extension. I'm looking forward to that too because I want to send pages from my phone to Firefox.

Back to getting it working with NoScript, have you tried allowing pubnub-prod.appspot.com? The neato! bookmarklet executes a script from that site.

Edit: I have attached an export of my NoScript configuration. You should probably export your own settings to save them before importing these. Maybe if these work for you you can compare them with your current settings and find the critical difference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by monkeydog; 11/01/2010 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Added config file
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Back to getting it working with NoScript, have you tried allowing pubnub-prod.appspot.com? The neato! bookmarklet executes a script from that site.
    Added it to NoScript's whitelist, still no luck.

Edit: I have attached an export of my NoScript configuration. You should probably export your own settings to save them before importing these. Maybe if these work for you you can compare them with your current settings and find the critical difference.
    I click on the attachment and I get a blank page. Tried saving to desktop and get a .gif file.

I'll keep trying...worst case I'll just disable NoScript when I need to. Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I was able to save the file using Google Chrome. Not sure what is wrong with Firefox.
    Thanks...your settings work. I'll try comparing mine and see if I can figure out the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Nothing -- View History is currently broken and will be fixed in a future update.
    Okay, but in the meantime, how do I get my messages? I'm on Firefox 3.6.12 and my Palm OS is updated to 1.4.5

I have Neato on the phone and the bookmarklet on my toolbar. I am trying to send a link to download software. When I click their Send Via Neato button, I get the sending and message sent, but nothing ever arrives on my phone?
    Zhephree, how's it going on development of Neato!? I've noticed lately you've been pumping out Foursquare updates like crazy.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Froggi View Post
    Okay, but in the meantime, how do I get my messages? I'm on Firefox 3.6.12 and my Palm OS is updated to 1.4.5

I have Neato on the phone and the bookmarklet on my toolbar. I am trying to send a link to download software. When I click their Send Via Neato button, I get the sending and message sent, but nothing ever arrives on my phone?
    Same problem for me. I tried a reboot with no success. I then uninstalled Neato!, thinking that a reinstall might solve the problem. However, I cannot reinstall it via App Catalog. I tap on "Download for Free" and then see "Downloading," but the app doesn't download.
    I was watching the Internalz videos and I saw the one about changing the Applications in Neato! from Preware to Internalz, but I don't understand why I would do this. What would be the advantage and/or how would one use this feature? Thanks!
  15.    #95  
    Zhephree:

Can you please give me an answer? If Neato won't be able to work with Firefox's NoScript extension, that's fine, just let us know. You had previously mentioned something about a FF extension a few months ago but haven't heard anything since.

Thanks!
    As noted in a post above, I have answered the question in a previous post. It will not work with NoScript since, well, neato! is a script. Yes, a Firefox extension is coming. While I said that in September, I think November is still soon. When you're the sole developer of a product and have 3 browsers to code extensions for in addition to the app itself, 3 months is still considered soon in my book. If you're on twitter, I highly advise you to follow @zhephree and/or @neato_webos as I update about my apps multiple times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggi View Post

A new version was submitted to Palm last night. Check the App Catalog later today or tomorrow and update. Should fix your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Same problem for me. I tried a reboot with no success. I then uninstalled Neato!, thinking that a reinstall might solve the problem. However, I cannot reinstall it via App Catalog. I tap on "Download for Free" and then see "Downloading," but the app doesn't download.
    Try e-mailing Palm about this. If it won't download, I can't really help since that's an issue on Palm's end. Maybe message @adora on Twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I was watching the Internalz videos and I saw the one about changing the Applications in Neato! from Preware to Internalz, but I don't understand why I would do this. What would be the advantage and/or how would one use this feature? Thanks!
    On sites like Precentral and webOSroundup, they have Send to neato! buttons to send the URL of an .ipk file for a homebrew application. When that URL gets sent to neato! on your phone, it will open it with either Preware or Internalz so that you can install the app on your phone. Some people like using Preware, some like using Internalz. It all works the same in the end.

And to everyone: new version submitted to Palm last night. Look for the update soon!
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    What are the other 2 browsers beside Firefox? I assume one will be Chrome. Is the third Opera 11 by any chance? Fingers crossed...
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    What are the other 2 browsers beside Firefox? I assume one will be Chrome. Is the third Opera 11 by any chance? Fingers crossed...
    Fireforx, Chrome, and Safari. I haven't looked into Opera extension building, but I'd like to eventually support it.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I would just like to second the request for opera 11 extension support. been half-tempted to switch over to chrome the past few weeks but would really like to stick with opera. though depending on time frame of this I may bite the bullet.

thanks for this awesome app! didn't think I'd use it half as much as I do when I bought it.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skooj View Post
    I would just like to second the request for opera 11 extension support. been half-tempted to switch over to chrome the past few weeks but would really like to stick with opera. though depending on time frame of this I may bite the bullet.

thanks for this awesome app! didn't think I'd use it half as much as I do when I bought it.
    Chrome's very slow after coming from Opera I find. I use it at work only because Opera is blocked on the proxy server for some reason and am always happy to get home to Opera.

You know for now, you could just pop a bookmarklet button right where the extension buttons go? It'd be just like the extension, just without an icon for the moment :-)

I hope Opera gets a proper Neato extension soon though!
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Chrome's very slow after coming from Opera I find. I use it at work only because Opera is blocked on the proxy server for some reason and am always happy to get home to Opera.

You know for now, you could just pop a bookmarklet button right where the extension buttons go? It'd be just like the extension, just without an icon for the moment :-)

I hope Opera gets a proper Neato extension soon though!
    been using a button from day one and that works great for sending to phone, with the new send to pc feature, the extension would be amazing I'm sure.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast