Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Hey,

Saw your blog post about the new features.

Problem is that I'm not getting the Maps preference. I see only the IPK choice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Yeah, the Maps app selection preference got shelved. Ran into some issues. It's coming eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Ok, I think I got it to work but...

It would not work with just selecting text in a web page.

I went to precentral.net and on the front page, tonight the top story was about:

Palm tablet to be "similar to the iPad"

But when Neato did it's thing, I got on my Pre:

HP now totally cool with Hurd at Oracle, especially now that they've got their $30 million back.

I don't understand what Neato is doing.

Maybe it's Firefox?

Rob
    Are you still having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by leonkehoe View Post
    Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but remove the persistent notification. I'd like neato! to run as a service in the background, providing it's not too resource intensive. Maybe it could be an option?
    It's currently impossible to have neato! work without having the notification always there. No notification means the app isn't running and current webOS restrictions forbid apps from running without an icon or window open for more than 60 seconds at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by EEP1 View Post
    zhephree,

I bought Neato! a couple of weeks ago and it is a great tool. I love it.

Yesterday I was at a local newspaper's Web site and I wanted to send the Web page to my phone using Neato! The URL ended in .txt. I clicked Neato! on my toolbar, the Neato! message was received on my Sprint Pre (WebOS 1.4.5), and the URL tried to open on my Pre with DocView instead of the Web browser. DocView gave me an error that it could not open the file. (Understandable in retrospect.) The only applications that I can set to open a .txt extension are Internalz. After changing the application for .txt files to Internalz, I tried using Neato! to send from the PC. The result was that a fiel opens in Internalz, but Internalz just shows me the html code. The Web browser does not open.

Do you have any suggestions on how to open the link on the Pre using the Neato! process? If not, that's OK and you can treat this as feedback and handle as you see fit.

If you want to try this, the URL is My02818.com > Archives > Business > Custom House Coffee Brings<br>RI-Roasted Coffee To Town .

For now, I use a workaround that involves typing or copying the URL into the browser on the Pre. The page opens fine this way.

Thanks and nice job developing the app.
    Unfortunately, webOS is trying to treat the URL like a .txt file and since most .txt URLs are actually text files, there's no real way to decipher based on URL alone. One "hack" would be, in your web browser, add a ? to the end of the URL, hit enter to load the page, then run neato!.

So, instead of
    Code:
    http://www.my02818.com/articles/2010/09/20/business/doc4c973250d7be0349362010.txt
    Go to
    Code:
    http://www.my02818.com/articles/2010/09/20/business/doc4c973250d7be0349362010.txt?
    That might work, but I can't promise.

Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    Zhephree,

First of all let me just say that this app is awesome and I love being able to use it.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work properly. I had no problem setting up the bookmark/favorite and the app works fine after a phone restart, but if I close the app and restart it (without having restarted my phone in the meantime) it won't automatically get the links. If I open preferences and click on View History it will find everything that I've sent, but it's not displaying anything automatically.

I have found these errors in the log, but I'm not sure if this will help or not:

Code:
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Info: Tap to Dashboard
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: lp=[object Object]
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: handle launch
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: set cardStageController var
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: set dashboardstagcontroller var
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: got stages
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: launching prefs
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Warning: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. mainStage
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Uncaught Error: require Failed: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. mainStage
    Any ideas/suggestions?

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but if I do that, will the app generate a new link that I'll need to save or will it still use my current bookmark?
    Ah, what's happening is that you have the main card still open. It sometimes errors when that happens. I have to fix that. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ewl88 View Post
    I had problems with IE 8 also. I will try your method. Thanks. Is this a security setting issue so that we can't drag the link? I don't think I have any addons for IE.
    It's quite possible security restrictions are keeping you from using the link. The link is pure JavaScript, which some high security levels will block.

Quote Originally Posted by dguitaramann View Post
    Hey Zhephree, thanks for this great app. I do have a question, though. I tried to Neato! some text from an email in Gmail to my phone, but doing so simply opened my inbox on my phone. Does the Neato! bookmarklet script have trouble dealing with Gmail's HTML5 or Javascript or whatever black magic they use? Is that something you can fix?
    I've had a few issues using it with Gmail also. I have to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Any progress on the "send to PC from phone" (backwards Neato!) functionality progress yet? There's been a few times in the last week or so when I could've done with this to continue reading something on a big screen when I got into work.
    It's coming along! Sidetracked with life and foursquare, but it's very close!

Quote Originally Posted by Paprika114 View Post
    The App Catalog is saying I can download it for free, however when I try, the "Downloading..." icon stays forever. It won't download. I downloaded another app just fine. Any suggestions?
    Are you still having issues?
    Yes. Can't download the program again. Tried 3 times today.
    Thanks for the feedback and for the hard work you put into this app. I look forward to hearing updates on the Gmail issue.
  4. wxl
    Any hope of pushing something backwards?
    A future update idea suggestion :

It would be nice when you send over copied text from a website for it to automatically copy the text for you so you can just paste without having to click the copy text option inside the app and then pasting.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    Any hope of pushing something backwards?
    In the works he said, 3 posts above yours.

--Sent using Tap@Talk for webOS
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    I had an idea. Along with pushing phone-to-PC, what if you could also do a neato!bounce ?

Basically, let me store a couple friends' Neato! channel in the app, and then have a way to "bounce" things in my Neato! over to my friends (ok, ok, so I really mean my parents ).

Sure, I could tweet, IM, email, or text stuff to them, but Neato! is faster, more fun, and has the benefit of only bothering them when they are already available.

It'd probably break if they re-generated their Neato! URL, but I could just ask them to send the new one to me (or bounce it to me! )
    Last edited by ahitz; 09/30/2010 at 10:32 AM.
    I like the fact that Neato only works when the screen is on because that saves battery, but is there a way to queue up Neato requests on the server when the screen is off or when Neato isn't running on the phone? That way they could be processed once the screen is turned on or the next time Neato is run. Sometimes I want to send something to my phone but I don't have it running or the screen is off and it would be nice if I could still send it.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I like the fact that Neato only works when the screen is on because that saves battery, but is there a way to queue up Neato requests on the server when the screen is off or when Neato isn't running on the phone? That way they could be processed once the screen is turned on or the next time Neato is run. Sometimes I want to send something to my phone but I don't have it running or the screen is off and it would be nice if I could still send it.
    This already exists. Messages are queued up on the server and when you tap the "View History" button it'll list all the messages that have been sent to your phone, on or off.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Great app! Thanks. Loving it so far.
    I've used Neato! several times and it worked beautifully. Today I sent myself something, went into the app to "view History" and all I'm getting is the spinning wheel. Tried several times.

Tried the whole process again - it worked.
    Last edited by Daisys Mom; 10/14/2010 at 02:11 PM.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I've used Neato! several times and it worked beautifully. Today I sent myself something, went into the app to "view History" and all I'm getting is the spinning wheel. Tried several times.
    yeah, History hasn't been working the last 2 days. Looking into it.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Neato! in general isn't working for me at all today... That means History and normal incoming items whilst the app is open.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    It seems that NoScript on firefox is blocking neato! - Is there any way to get it working without disabling NoScript?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Unfortunately, no. The bookmark is just a string of JavaScript, so, it gets blocked by NoScript, as it should. When the FF extension comes out (soon) it won't be affected by NoScript.
    Any updates on getting Neato to work with Firefox's NoScript extension?

Thanks!

Unfortunately, webOS is trying to treat the URL like a .txt file and since most .txt URLs are actually text files, there's no real way to decipher based on URL alone. One "hack" would be, in your web browser, add a ? to the end of the URL, hit enter to load the page, then run neato!.
    Zhephree...Thanks for your suggestion to add the "?" at the end of the URL, reload the page, and load to Neato! The result was that the Pre still could not open the file/URL. I understand this is not a Neato! issue, so no need to pursue further.

Thanks for your wonderful programming and creativity. I donated today (I'm also using your Foursquare app).
    I bought the app, downloaded it and set it up according to the instructions. Mailed myself the Link, placed it in Chrome's address bar and made sure the phone screen was active. However, upon clicking the button, nothing happens. After removing all my patches from the phone (thank god preware saved a list of them), it still didn't work.

When I removed the app from my phone to see if the installation was broken, it wouldn't re-install, the download won't start.
    Any word on sending links to the desktop? I've got a couple of apps in the pipeline that could make a lot of use out of such black magic

Attached Images Attached Images
    yeah, History hasn't been working the last 2 days. Looking into it.
    History still doesn't work for me... any news on a fix? App works fine when it's open, but history just sits there spinning. I see the following lines in the log:

Error: ndid=d8e0102955ec73zz...
    Warning: Cannot use the global setInterval function from a hidden window. Use window.setInterval from a visible window.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

19.    #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Norf View Post
    Any word on sending links to the desktop? I've got a couple of apps in the pipeline that could make a lot of use out of such black magic

Awesome! Coming soon. My plan is to launch the new version before Developer Day in November. Way sooner than that, but that's my deadline I'm imposing upon myself.
  20.    #80  
    Awesome! Coming soon. My plan is to launch the new version before Developer Day in November. Way sooner than that, but that's my deadline I'm imposing upon myself.
    Thanks for the log. I'll take care of it this week, most probably.
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast