Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    I used it to download Preset Reset. It worked! (Not muchy has been working for me lately. ) Only problem I have, and it's minor, is when I turn on my phone, Neato! isn't on the dashboard. Still was able to find my download.

Thanks!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    I've gotten the link to send once since I made that first post, but not in the few attempts since then. Also the copy text feature doesn't always work. I'll check again when I get near a computer to give you a better update.
    Copy Text fails on text longer than around 120 characters. Hope to have this fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Nice app but I can't seem to get it to take me to a URL to download Music Player Remix 2.0 beta. I click on the URL in Precentral's app gallery and click the neato! bookmarklet on my browser and on my phone I get the message "neato! message received!" but nothing else happens...am I missing something?
    Seems to be working for me right now. Is it still not working? Some Homebrew apps don't have URLs to ipk files on the page and that'll cause it to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    I absolutely love this app. Is there a change log anywhere?

During last night's PalmCast folks in the chat room were complaining that the latest update of Neato! had many bugs introduced.

Has that been resolved with a newer version?

(reposting this here in the official thread)
    I answered you in the other thread, but, yes, 0.7.1 fixes the bugs 0.7.0 introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    just a short update with this issue on 0.7.0:
    if i now stay on wifi (port 8801 blocked) and send stuff to the phone it still won't open directly, but (taaadaaa) with the new "view history" i can see the messages that were sent and can open them manually. This is great for me, cause now i can always stay on wifi (needing one more step to open, but thats ok).

Still if i i'm connected on 3G (port 8801 open) on neato startup everything works fine as it should.

Thx for this great app, and perhaps this info above helps getting it done even better.
    Glad you found a workaround!

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    Sometimes when i select the neato notification bar icon the neato bar stays all white. is this only on my phone?
    I've seen this issue with the card view, but not the dashboard. I'm working on a solution. usually just tapping it, or hiding it then reshowing will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    It seems that NoScript on firefox is blocking neato! - Is there any way to get it working without disabling NoScript?
    Unfortunately, no. The bookmark is just a string of JavaScript, so, it gets blocked by NoScript, as it should. When the FF extension comes out (soon) it won't be affected by NoScript.

Quote Originally Posted by grrrrrlgamer View Post
    Ok, I followed the instructions by bookmarking the link but I must be missing something obvious because all I get is the "drag this link" page that shows up on my phone. I wanted to use this app so I can download the homebrew stuff to my pre but it's not working. I don't have a wifi conection to my computer and the video for Neato really sold me on buying it. Help a non-computer knowledge person out, please? thanks in advance!
    Instead of bookmarking the page you're on (zhephree.com/neato/id/xxxxx) you must bookmark the big blue neato! link in the middle of the page. Do this by dragging that link to your bookmarks, OR right-clicking that link and selecting "Add to Favorites" or "Add to Bookmarks" or something similar, depending on your browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    @Zhephree A feature suggestion:

I realize you're working on a lot of stuff, but what do you think about, right under "Recent Messages" there being a "Favorite Messages."

When tapped, the icons that are already next to items in the history list* could, rather than lead to the information the link contains, add the link to the Favorite Messages bar, and they could stick around.

Do-able? Difficult? Worth-while?

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: * or put a heart or star icon at the end of each item in the list. Or whatever.
    It's doable, though, wouldn't be a high priority. For URLs, you could just bookmark them in the browser, but I'll consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    I just wanted to Stop in and say Congrats on your new app...!! Great work and look foward to upcoming features; especially the phone to computer feature.

One question, someone commented on one of the precentral articles if you made a .html file with the Notepad and opened it in Internet Explorer and sent it through neato! you could view it so you could see more than 120 characters?

I tried and it stated error (cannot display local files), I was wondering if it would be a possibility to enable it to be able to in a future update?

Or if it is possibly if anyone could chime in and walk me through the steps in order for me to get it to work correctly(or say its not possible)?

Edit :

Also expanding the history to 20 or 25 would be much appreciated...
    Interesting. I haven't heard about this. Got a link?

Also, I may expand the history.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Another feature request if possible....

How about the ability to have a Neato "home" page (like the one where you drag the link to the toolbar) - this page would allow you to drag and drop a picture and then send to phone via the Neato button. This would be faster than the current methods of sending pics or images to the phone.

You can also create your own text on the page and send via Neato.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    On that note ...

Where is the history stored?

Where is that server located geographically (i.e. what jurisdiction is it in)?

Who has access to that history information on that server ?

Who has administrative access to that server (and can therefore also see that information) ?

Is there a privacy policy in place for the neato! service?

-- Rod
    All good questions. The history is stored on PubNub's server, which is hosted by Google AppEngine. So, geographically, it'd be at Google's data center which I believe may be in California. The people who run PubNub have complete control over it and all I have is the ability to post messages or subscribe to messages. The history seems to be deleted every so often, I can't pinpoint a time frame and there's nothing in PubNub's documentation. I'll try and get with them on these questions.

Once I know PubNub's privacy policy, I'll formulate one of my own. However, since I don't control the server, I'd refrain from sending confidential info using neato!. I'll try and put this information out in a more public place.

Thanks for the input. Things I should've thought about earlier.
    Reply to Zhephree

http://www.precentral.net/how-use-ne...os-phone-video

It is the very last comment on the page.

Keep me posted; Thx appreciate it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Thanks for the input. Things I should've thought about earlier.
    I see you quoted my suggestion but didn't reply to it. Do you think the suggestion is feasible?
    Hey,

Saw your blog post about the new features.

Problem is that I'm not getting the Maps preference. I see only the IPK choice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Hey,

Saw your blog post about the new features.

Problem is that I'm not getting the Maps preference. I see only the IPK choice. Any ideas?

Thanks.
    I asked @zhephree on Twitter:

Hey. Thought I saw NEATO! screen shots where you could choose default maps app. That get pushed back?
    He replied:

yes, it did. taking more effort than planned to get it right
    That was ten days ago. I'm sure it will be available in the next update!
    Hi,

It seems I'm having the same issue as everyone. I looked at the video and followed what they did.

But they did not show actually setting up Neato from scratch, only how to use it.

So I followed the instructions, I tapped generate URL, then I emailed it back to myself.

I opened the url in my browser (firefox), I then got a screen with a graphic that said, drag this to your bookmarks. Nothing worked.

I re-read as much of this thread as I could, but as I was writing this I discovered that I was tap drag and dropping the link of the words 'drag this to your bookmark.

On my screen I am not getting the blue word 'Neato!', for some reason that blue word is cut off on the top of my screen.

I somehow got this page:

neato!
    Thanks for downloading the app! It's easy to get things going. See that big link below that says "neato!"? Drag it to your bookmarks or favorites bar in your web browser. That's it!

neato!
    Problems?
    Chrome
    If you don't see your bookmarks bar in Chrome, you can show it by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B (Cmd+Shift+B on Mac). If you don't want to show your bookmarks bar, you temporarily show the bookmarks bar, drag neato! there and then open the Bookmarks Manager to move neato! elsewhere and then hide the bookmarks bar.

Internet Explorer
    IE calls bookmarks "Favorites" so don't get confused. You can drag neato! to your Favorites bar just like any browser. If you don't see a Favorites bar, right-click on any toolbar and in the pop-up menu, click "Favorites Bar". That'll show the Favorites Bar and allow you to drag neato! to it. If IE won't let you drag neato!, right-click the neato! link and select "Add to Favorites" instead of dragging. You can save neato! to any Favorites folder, but I recommend the Favorites Bar.

All Browsers
    Clicking the neato! bookmark just loads this page! This means you bookmarked THIS page you're reading instead of the big blue neato! link above. Make sure you bookmark that link and not this page.

Still having a problem? Contact me on Twitter at @zhephree.

So I dragged that blue word Neato to my bookmarks.

And tried it again, nothing.

Can someone do a video of the actual setup process?

Not sure why it's not working.

I'm on Firefox 3.68 upgrading to 3.6.10 as we speak.

I am using my Pre on my home wifi, so if any ports have to be opened I need to know.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I had the same problem too, I think. Dragged the icon to Favorites, clicked on it and got the page again. Later on, I thought I'd test it out, so I clicked on an app I wanted to get, then went to favorites and clicked on the Neato thing, and it worked. (got a message about the clipboard, but nothing important). I've used it 3 times now, and even got the icon on my Favorites bar. Give it a try and see if it works.

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Ok, I think I got it to work but...

It would not work with just selecting text in a web page.

I went to precentral.net and on the front page, tonight the top story was about:

Palm tablet to be "similar to the iPad"

But when Neato did it's thing, I got on my Pre:

HP now totally cool with Hurd at Oracle, especially now that they've got their $30 million back.

I don't understand what Neato is doing.

Maybe it's Firefox?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Apologies if it's already been mentioned, but remove the persistent notification. I'd like neato! to run as a service in the background, providing it's not too resource intensive. Maybe it could be an option?
    zhephree,

I bought Neato! a couple of weeks ago and it is a great tool. I love it.

Yesterday I was at a local newspaper's Web site and I wanted to send the Web page to my phone using Neato! The URL ended in .txt. I clicked Neato! on my toolbar, the Neato! message was received on my Sprint Pre (WebOS 1.4.5), and the URL tried to open on my Pre with DocView instead of the Web browser. DocView gave me an error that it could not open the file. (Understandable in retrospect.) The only applications that I can set to open a .txt extension are Internalz. After changing the application for .txt files to Internalz, I tried using Neato! to send from the PC. The result was that a fiel opens in Internalz, but Internalz just shows me the html code. The Web browser does not open.

Do you have any suggestions on how to open the link on the Pre using the Neato! process? If not, that's OK and you can treat this as feedback and handle as you see fit.

If you want to try this, the URL is My02818.com > Archives > Business > Custom House Coffee Brings<br>RI-Roasted Coffee To Town .

For now, I use a workaround that involves typing or copying the URL into the browser on the Pre. The page opens fine this way.

Thanks and nice job developing the app.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Reply to grrrrrlgamer

Also to note if you are using internet explorer you can right click the neato! (as seen in picture above) and then click add to favorites. Then if you want it to show up as a quick click button you need to click "favorites" on the top menu bar of internet explorer then find "neato" (or whatever you named it) and right click on "neato" and click on "add to favorites bar" ... then you should see it there
    I still have a problem with IE. When I right click the Neato! favorite to use the "send to" feature, the "add to favorites bar" is NOT shown as an option. Anyone know how to get IE to show it as an option?

What I see upon right-clicking is in the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CoolioDD; 09/21/2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Found a solution
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I have resolved my dilemma. Whew.
    Zhephree,

First of all let me just say that this app is awesome and I love being able to use it.

Unfortunately it doesn't always work properly. I had no problem setting up the bookmark/favorite and the app works fine after a phone restart, but if I close the app and restart it (without having restarted my phone in the meantime) it won't automatically get the links. If I open preferences and click on View History it will find everything that I've sent, but it's not displaying anything automatically.

I have found these errors in the log, but I'm not sure if this will help or not:

Code:
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Info: Tap to Dashboard
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: lp=[object Object]
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: handle launch
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: set cardStageController var
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: set dashboardstagcontroller var
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: got stages
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Error: launching prefs
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Warning: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. mainStage
    [2010-09-21 18:28:31] (neato!) Uncaught Error: require Failed: createStageWithCallback: cannot create two stages with the same name. mainStage
    Any ideas/suggestions?

I haven't tried reinstalling yet, but if I do that, will the app generate a new link that I'll need to save or will it still use my current bookmark?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I had problems with IE 8 also. I will try your method. Thanks. Is this a security setting issue so that we can't drag the link? I don't think I have any addons for IE.
    Hey Zhephree, thanks for this great app. I do have a question, though. I tried to Neato! some text from an email in Gmail to my phone, but doing so simply opened my inbox on my phone. Does the Neato! bookmarklet script have trouble dealing with Gmail's HTML5 or Javascript or whatever black magic they use? Is that something you can fix?
    Need help with neato. While trying to get it to work on my Palm Pre Plus I misread the instructions and actually deleted the installation on the phone. Now there's no more N and I can't find where I originally got it the application. Is there any way to reinstall it again short of paying for it again?
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Any progress on the "send to PC from phone" (backwards Neato!) functionality progress yet? There's been a few times in the last week or so when I could've done with this to continue reading something on a big screen when I got into work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paprika114 View Post
    Need help with neato. While trying to get it to work on my Palm Pre Plus I misread the instructions and actually deleted the installation on the phone. Now there's no more N and I can't find where I originally got it the application. Is there any way to reinstall it again short of paying for it again?
    Just download it from the app catalog again. If you paid for it once, you won't have to pay for it again.
    The App Catalog is saying I can download it for free, however when I try, the "Downloading..." icon stays forever. It won't download. I downloaded another app just fine. Any suggestions?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast