Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Nice app but I can't seem to get it to take me to a URL to download Music Player Remix 2.0 beta. I click on the URL in Precentral's app gallery and click the neato! bookmarklet on my browser and on my phone I get the message "neato! message received!" but nothing else happens...am I missing something?
    Having the same issue with the same app.
    Quote Originally Posted by spudland View Post
    Nice app but I can't seem to get it to take me to a URL to download Music Player Remix 2.0 beta. I click on the URL in Precentral's app gallery and click the neato! bookmarklet on my browser and on my phone I get the message "neato! message received!" but nothing else happens...am I missing something?
    i'm not 100% sure, but I don't think the current version of neato! Works with preware/internalz to install homebrew apps. We gotta wait for the update.
    Neato is updated and so far, its working fine with installing ipk files. I have it linked with Preware and it went smoothly Great work on the update!! Love the view messages as well but I'm curious, is there a way to delete the messages? I tried to swipe them away and nothing
    I've been attempting to update to v0.7.0 today... install keeps failing. (Used the 'update all' option in App Catalog, but Neato! is the only install that failed.)

Anyone else having this difficulty?

UPDATE: Finally got the update to work, after multiple tries, rebooting, etc.
    I also re-installed PreWare via WOSQI, as suggested in another thread.
    May have just been a server overload with this app?
    Last edited by KellanC; 09/08/2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: updated situation
    Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    great app. I really hope webOS changes so you can run neato! Without having to have it open in the notification area constantly.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I absolutely love this app. Is there a change log anywhere?

During last night's PalmCast folks in the chat room were complaining that the latest update of Neato! had many bugs introduced.

Has that been resolved with a newer version?

(reposting this here in the official thread)
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    and could you check this Port 8801 "issue"?
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ml#post2635911
    btw. when the first link is sent to my phone via 3G (=port 8801 enabled), then i can send later links via wifi (port 8801 blocked) until pre goes to sleep mode. So it really seems neato needs that connection to 8801 only once in the beginning. Perhaps this helps getting it more "compatible" for special wifi-hotspot configs.
    just a short update with this issue on 0.7.0:
    if i now stay on wifi (port 8801 blocked) and send stuff to the phone it still won't open directly, but (taaadaaa) with the new "view history" i can see the messages that were sent and can open them manually. This is great for me, cause now i can always stay on wifi (needing one more step to open, but thats ok).

Still if i i'm connected on 3G (port 8801 open) on neato startup everything works fine as it should.

Thx for this great app, and perhaps this info above helps getting it done even better.
    Sometimes when i select the neato notification bar icon the neato bar stays all white. is this only on my phone?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It seems that NoScript on firefox is blocking neato! - Is there any way to get it working without disabling NoScript?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
    It seems that NoScript on firefox is blocking neato! - Is there any way to get it working without disabling NoScript?
    Good question...hopefully there's a workaround.
    Ok, I followed the instructions by bookmarking the link but I must be missing something obvious because all I get is the "drag this link" page that shows up on my phone. I wanted to use this app so I can download the homebrew stuff to my pre but it's not working. I don't have a wifi conection to my computer and the video for Neato really sold me on buying it. Help a non-computer knowledge person out, please? thanks in advance!
    @Zhephree A feature suggestion:

I realize you're working on a lot of stuff, but what do you think about, right under "Recent Messages" there being a "Favorite Messages."

When tapped, the icons that are already next to items in the history list* could, rather than lead to the information the link contains, add the link to the Favorite Messages bar, and they could stick around.

Do-able? Difficult? Worth-while?

Thanks for all your hard work!

EDIT: * or put a heart or star icon at the end of each item in the list. Or whatever.
    Last edited by Psychonaut; 09/11/2010 at 03:31 AM.
    I just wanted to Stop in and say Congrats on your new app...!! Great work and look foward to upcoming features; especially the phone to computer feature.

One question, someone commented on one of the precentral articles if you made a .html file with the Notepad and opened it in Internet Explorer and sent it through neato! you could view it so you could see more than 120 characters?

I tried and it stated error (cannot display local files), I was wondering if it would be a possibility to enable it to be able to in a future update?

Or if it is possibly if anyone could chime in and walk me through the steps in order for me to get it to work correctly(or say its not possible)?

Edit :

Also expanding the history to 20 or 25 would be much appreciated...
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/11/2010 at 07:40 PM.
    Another feature request if possible....

How about the ability to have a Neato "home" page (like the one where you drag the link to the toolbar) - this page would allow you to drag and drop a picture and then send to phone via the Neato button. This would be faster than the current methods of sending pics or images to the phone.

You can also create your own text on the page and send via Neato.
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrrrlgamer View Post
    Ok, I followed the instructions by bookmarking the link but I must be missing something obvious because all I get is the "drag this link" page that shows up on my phone. I wanted to use this app so I can download the homebrew stuff to my pre but it's not working. I don't have a wifi conection to my computer and the video for Neato really sold me on buying it. Help a non-computer knowledge person out, please? thanks in advance!
    You need to enter your specific URL in your PC's browser and then go to that page. You should have created the URL when you launched Neato the first time on your phone. You will see a page with the following:

Drag that image to your bookmarks or favorites bar in your PC's browser. You will then see a "Neato" icon.

Make sure Neato is running on your Pre. Then, using your PC, browse to a page you want to send, or highlight text and press the Neato button in your bookmarks to send it to your phone.

Note that if you are using Firefox and the No-script extension, it will not work.
    Reply to grrrrrlgamer

Also to note if you are using internet explorer you can right click the neato! (as seen in picture above) and then click add to favorites. Then if you want it to show up as a quick click button you need to click "favorites" on the top menu bar of internet explorer then find "neato" (or whatever you named it) and right click on "neato" and click on "add to favorites bar" ... then you should see it there
    works with Opera. Right click and choose "Bookmark Link".

does the history ever get deleted?
    Quote Originally Posted by rjcchan View Post
    does the history ever get deleted?
    On that note ...

Where is the history stored?

Where is that server located geographically (i.e. what jurisdiction is it in)?

Who has access to that history information on that server ?

Who has administrative access to that server (and can therefore also see that information) ?

Is there a privacy policy in place for the neato! service?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I have the same questions also as Rwhitby (great questions)

I Noticed It will Pull your History when clicked on everytime and is not locally stored...
    Last edited by djgardn2; 09/12/2010 at 01:19 AM.
    Note that my questions are not intended to be taken in an accusatory manner.

A perfectly valid answer would be "All history information is considered to be in the public domain, accessible to anyone at any time". I personally would be happy to continue using neato! for the purposes that I currently use it for under that understanding.

But the questions need to be asked, because the server may well be vulnerable to a brute force attack of enumerating every possible hash value to retrieve all history contents for all accounts ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast