Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. wxl
    feature request: add option to choose your preferred twitter app (spaz kicks ****!) and notes app, please.
    Am having the same issue as mannyman (neato friends are gone) and don't seem to be able to add friends anymore. It accepts the code but then the wheel just spins....
    Anyone else?
    I bought neato! about a month ago, became busy, and didn't really do much with it.

Now, I'd like to use it, but I don't have the URL to create a bookmark in Firefox in order to send anything to it. I've tried using the Regenerate button, but all it does is spin and do nothing.

How do I begin using it and get a URL?

Thanks,
    Michael
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    if you have the latest version of neato you can view the url in the app on your phone by clicking view link and info, and you can email it to yourself if need be
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    I bought neato! about a month ago, became busy, and didn't really do much with it.

Now, I'd like to use it, but I don't have the URL to create a bookmark in Firefox in order to send anything to it. I've tried using the Regenerate button, but all it does is spin and do nothing.

How do I begin using it and get a URL?

Thanks,
    Michael

I'm having the same issue- I hit Regenerate to get a new code, and I'm not getting a new code!

I also noticed you posted this on 1/12. Has support for this app been dropped or are we being ignored? I tried sending Geoff this info via Twitter yesterday and he hasn't responded.
    So a quick question, I bought neato last night, and it was giving me some troubles as in not opening and such. So I uninstall it and I now can't get it to download again?!?!? It does say download for free but it just sits there, any ideas?
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    I got a new pre (5th replacement) and restored my account/apps by copying my files and application folders from a backup I had made on my computer. I then used the 'save and restore' app to get all my data back to where it was on my old device.

I ran Neato and it generated a new ID. However, when I click to email the ID to myself, the email link is still my old ID!

I was able to work around this problem by manually correcting the URL in the email. I then was able to create a bookmark and it works fine.

Just wanted to mention this little bug in case others didn't notice that their ID for their new device doesn't match the ID in the email to set up their bookmarks or extensions.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Having no luck with VZW Pre2 sending and recieving via netao>computer. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything in the thread,
    Hey guys,

Is there some tricky way to add my Neato! link to my iPad's mobile safari browser's favorites bar? I'd like to pretend I can touch my Sprint Pre to the iPad and share the website I'm on, and then cry myself to sleep later.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by burywite View Post
    Hey guys,

Is there some tricky way to add my Neato! link to my iPad's mobile safari browser's favorites bar? I'd like to pretend I can touch my Sprint Pre to the iPad and share the website I'm on, and then cry myself to sleep later.

Thanks!
    lol
    I saw Neato! appear on so many Top 10 lists that I needed to check it out.

Fantasitc idea.

I dont see many use cases for it in my life.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    How Do I send to multiple computers, I have 4 computers and I need to be able to send to each one and from each each.?

also. Is there a way to make naeato on the computer be a program and have it sit in background?

Isn't there a way to make a program store the links or whatever you are sending until you open up neato On the phone and it checks to see if there is anything, kinda like email works?.and make it check every 5,10,30 minutes?.
    This way it does not have to sit on and waste battery all day long.
    zhephree is busy in developing other apps, and having neato! as it is (no new features) but has not abandoned it:

Zhephree | 9ish Things Zhephree is Doing

and he needs some help with browser-extension development:
    Zhephree | neato! browser extensions
    Hi,

I got a Pre 2 and can't find how I can make my "send via neato!" button in my browser to send to the new machine. I'm sure it's in the forums somewhere, but looking for "send via neato!" brings up way too many matches.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    How do I get the Chrome Extension? I can't find it when I search the extensions.
    Hey, I already reported this as a bug a few minutes ago in the app catalog, but I need help with it. neato! was working fine on my Sprint Pre, even after upgrading to 2.1 with the meta doctor scripts by webos internals. However, it has stopped working now that I have built and use a Sprint FrankenPre2 running 2.1. The app opens normally but when I try to click the neato! button in my bookmarks toolbar, nothing is sent to the phone. I have refreshing the codes and re-adding the new bookmark but it still does not work.
    Last edited by blue duck butter; 05/11/2011 at 04:36 PM.
    Hey guys. I'm not sure if my question has been asked and/or answered, but when I did a search for it in the forum, it didn't seem like anything relevant showed up. Then, when I did a search in the thread, there was nothing. So, anyway, here goes:

I downloaded Neato! today (I've seen several suggestions for it today alone) and I'm trying to get a theme from Precentral to my phone. Unfortunately, the way it was explained in the WebOS themes forum doesn't seem to work (I'm still looking through it all).

I was wondering, can Neato! install themes as easily as it does apps? If so, how do I go about doing it?
  18.    #198  
    Sorry for the long delay in responses, guys! I've been super busy!

Quote Originally Posted by wxl View Post
    feature request: add option to choose your preferred twitter app (spaz kicks ****!) and notes app, please.
    The next release (soon) will have more and more current Twitter apps available, including Spaz and Carbon.

Quote Originally Posted by allstarkenyan View Post
    Am having the same issue as mannyman (neato friends are gone) and don't seem to be able to add friends anymore. It accepts the code but then the wheel just spins....
    Anyone else?
    I haven't seen this issue. Are you still having it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrok View Post
    I'm having the same issue- I hit Regenerate to get a new code, and I'm not getting a new code!

I also noticed you posted this on 1/12. Has support for this app been dropped or are we being ignored? I tried sending Geoff this info via Twitter yesterday and he hasn't responded.
    Sorry I haven't responded. Should be back on track now!

Regenerating codes is in fact broken in 1.0. I have it fixed in 1.2 that's coming next week. In the mean time, are you still having problems sending?

Quote Originally Posted by sdpluth View Post
    I got a new pre (5th replacement) and restored my account/apps by copying my files and application folders from a backup I had made on my computer. I then used the 'save and restore' app to get all my data back to where it was on my old device.

I ran Neato and it generated a new ID. However, when I click to email the ID to myself, the email link is still my old ID!

I was able to work around this problem by manually correcting the URL in the email. I then was able to create a bookmark and it works fine.

Just wanted to mention this little bug in case others didn't notice that their ID for their new device doesn't match the ID in the email to set up their bookmarks or extensions.
    Hm, that's odd! I have a feeling I know the issue though. Thanks for reporting it!

Quote Originally Posted by MiDoJo View Post
    Having no luck with VZW Pre2 sending and recieving via netao>computer. Is this a known issue? I couldn't find anything in the thread,
    Not a known issue, but are you still experiencing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    How Do I send to multiple computers, I have 4 computers and I need to be able to send to each one and from each each.?

also. Is there a way to make naeato on the computer be a program and have it sit in background?

Isn't there a way to make a program store the links or whatever you are sending until you open up neato On the phone and it checks to see if there is anything, kinda like email works?.and make it check every 5,10,30 minutes?.
    This way it does not have to sit on and waste battery all day long.
    To send to multiple computers, just have your neato! URL open on each of the computers, or have the Chrome extension installed on each computer. neato! broadcasts to all sources listening on your ID.

I have no plans to break neato! out as a separate program on computers. Its primary purpose is to send and receive URLs, so being in a browser makes the most sense.

neato! already does this! If you send a link when the app is closed, it is stored in your history. Your history is wiped clean every 24-72 hours, so there's a possibility it will be gone if you don't check before the wipe.

Believe it or not, neato! doesn't drain the battery at all. I run it 24hrs a day and my phone doesn't drain any faster than when it isn't running. neato! is only connected to the server when your screen is on, so if your phone is sleeping, it disconnects. This saves considerable battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by howardbw View Post
    Hi,

I got a Pre 2 and can't find how I can make my "send via neato!" button in my browser to send to the new machine. I'm sure it's in the forums somewhere, but looking for "send via neato!" brings up way too many matches.

Thanks in advance.
    Your app on your Pre 2 will show you your new neato! ID. Visit your new neato! URL and replace your old bookmark in your browser with your new one.

Quote Originally Posted by blz2 View Post
    How do I get the Chrome Extension? I can't find it when I search the extensions.
    Visit your neato! URL from your computer (where you got the bookmark) and you can download the extension from there. It is not in the Chrome Extension Gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    Hey, I already reported this as a bug a few minutes ago in the app catalog, but I need help with it. neato! was working fine on my Sprint Pre, even after upgrading to 2.1 with the meta doctor scripts by webos internals. However, it has stopped working now that I have built and use a Sprint FrankenPre2 running 2.1. The app opens normally but when I try to click the neato! button in my bookmarks toolbar, nothing is sent to the phone. I have refreshing the codes and re-adding the new bookmark but it still does not work.
    Refreshing your codes is currently broken in 1.0. I have it fixed in 1.2, which should be shipping next week.

Quote Originally Posted by leexlee View Post
    Hey guys. I'm not sure if my question has been asked and/or answered, but when I did a search for it in the forum, it didn't seem like anything relevant showed up. Then, when I did a search in the thread, there was nothing. So, anyway, here goes:

I downloaded Neato! today (I've seen several suggestions for it today alone) and I'm trying to get a theme from Precentral to my phone. Unfortunately, the way it was explained in the WebOS themes forum doesn't seem to work (I'm still looking through it all).

I was wondering, can Neato! install themes as easily as it does apps? If so, how do I go about doing it?
    I'm not totally sure if themes will work as easily. I've actually never have tried it. In theory, if neato! doesn't recognize the URL, it should give you the option of copy/pasting it. You could then paste it into Preware to install it.
    I tried sending the URL of the first page of the theme, then I did it with the URL that was there from the Download button. Neither worked. I put the link in Preware and started installing it. I'm giving it some time, but I really don't think it's going to work. It's finished transferring the files, but it's still on the installation screen several minutes later.

I guess I'll just stick with the easily accessible themes until I figure out how to get WOSQI to install the theme I want.

Anyway, maybe that's something Neato! can get situated with Preware or something so that themes can get installed that way. Thanks!
    Hi, great app!

Is it possible to add the feature that if a phone number is sent to the phone it automatically gives u the option to call or text to that number?

You will need to add support for multiple phone number templates as US is different to UK/Europe etc...

Then, if I am surfing the internet on my pc and see that I need to call a number I can just right click on the browser, click send text to neato (the number) and voila my palm pre calls without having to dial anything!
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast