1.    #1  
    I don't know if this is exaggerated by general unresponsiveness of Foursquares servers, but...

On the Add Venue scene I have annoying and interfering issues with the embedded map control...

1. the map obscures parts of the form at the top of the page, the overlapping part changes while the form is being scrolled.
    2. After hitting "Add" the progress spinner - or the whole "Add" button - is covered by the map (see screenshot).

Yesterday I had the "Add venue" scene sit in the spinning state for 5-10 minutes, probably the 4sq-API was taking its time. But for me as a user it looks like your app hangs. What is the timeout for the "Add" request, how long can this take? Should the app abort after, say, 1 minute?

(I'm always concerned about my data cap (200MB/mo) and battery usage - so I don't want Foursquare to sit active for 5 or 10 minutes...)
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2.    #2  
    Ok, so this has been brought up in the release thread - who'da thought!
    http://forums.precentral.net/2589068-post10.html
    This isn't a high priority since it's more of an annoyance than anything, but scrolling around makes it go away. Still looking into a cause/fix.
  4.    #4  
    I don't know, assuming the map control lies below the whole scene, there shouldn't be a need to make it so big - can't the layout be so that the map is just as large as the narrow slot it appears in (I just assume that's not how it's already coded, and that Ares can do that...)
    Quote Originally Posted by ddstc95 View Post
    I don't know, assuming the map control lies below the whole scene, there shouldn't be a need to make it so big - can't the layout be so that the map is just as large as the narrow slot it appears in (I just assume that's not how it's already coded, and that Ares can do that...)
    That's essentially how it's coded. The issue is that map tiles are much larger than the viewing area, so the Map widget uses overflow: hidden on the viewport DIV to clip the rest of the map tiles.

The way webOS handles scrolling objects sort of breaks overflow: hidden during scrolling.

The Google Maps API isn't really made for being embedded in webOS apps (at least using the SDK) and so having it work at all is mostly a hack, so there's bound to be some glitches.

I have a few ideas, however.