1.    #1  
    Just a quick question/suggestion

I have recently decided to keep GPS turned on full time and keep auto-locate turned off (just experimenting on best setup for use and battery).

Since I now have to approve use of location services every time, I've noticed that the foursquare app asks me to use location even when it's just checking for notifications. Is it possible to change that? Notifications are great, but I can't imagine there's a need for a location to check them.

So far, I like having auto-locate off, but it's been a pain to have to answer to foursqaure every so often when I haven't even opened the app.

thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by txba539 View Post
    Just a quick question/suggestion

I have recently decided to keep GPS turned on full time and keep auto-locate turned off (just experimenting on best setup for use and battery).

Since I now have to approve use of location services every time, I've noticed that the foursquare app asks me to use location even when it's just checking for notifications. Is it possible to change that? Notifications are great, but I can't imagine there's a need for a location to check them.

So far, I like having auto-locate off, but it's been a pain to have to answer to foursqaure every so often when I haven't even opened the app.

thanks!
    Unfortunately, to make the GPS location speedier when loading the full app, it initiates a GPS call immediately when the app is run, which also includes notifications. When we're just displaying notifications, it instantly cancels the GPS call.

I'm toying with making adjustments for this. I'll see what I can do in a later release. Thanks!