Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. djfarout's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #1  
    The app is great.

    But it has the hardest time finding locations close to me. I've waited 5-10mins with full sprint service, and it wouldn't load the locations list. So maybe do some location info caching on the phone?
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfarout View Post
    The app is great.

    But it has the hardest time finding locations close to me. I've waited 5-10mins with full sprint service, and it wouldn't load the locations list. So maybe do some location info caching on the phone?
    Thanks for replying.

    generally if your response is taking 5-10 minutes, there's an issue with your phone's hardware. The app is set to time-out after 10-15 seconds of no response from the GPS. However, if the GPS feeds the app a bad GPS signal that the GPS thinks is good, it'll fail.

    I'm not sure I see the value in caching location info, though. It'd almost never be accurate.
  3. #3  
    I would like to be able to remove checkins from my history directly from the app. From time to time you can checking twice without noticing it.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcruiz View Post
    I would like to be able to remove checkins from my history directly from the app. From time to time you can checking twice without noticing it.
    Excellent suggestion! Unfortunately, the foursquare API doesn't have the option for that yet. Hopefully in v2 of their API it'll exist.
  5. djfarout's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    Thanks for replying.

    generally if your response is taking 5-10 minutes, there's an issue with your phone's hardware. The app is set to time-out after 10-15 seconds of no response from the GPS. However, if the GPS feeds the app a bad GPS signal that the GPS thinks is good, it'll fail.

    I'm not sure I see the value in caching location info, though. It'd almost never be accurate.
    So I think there was a interaction with another App I have/had running. I cleaned house last night and removed several free apps I wasn't using.. Now I have a lot faster response.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by djfarout View Post
    So I think there was a interaction with another App I have/had running. I cleaned house last night and removed several free apps I wasn't using.. Now I have a lot faster response.
    Awesome glad to hear it!

Posting Permissions