Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by alvaro_qc View Post
    Another suggestion, there is people (I'm included) that use really often the "add a new venue" button and is kind of annoying to scroll down to the bottom of the page to add a new venue. I suggest that you should remove the search button, replace it with the map view and add the add a new venue where the map view currently is. Or another simple solution for this problem is to add a new gesture: If you scroll down the page and press the gesture area at the same time, you could be moved to the bottom of the page and vice-versa.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_grouchy View Post
    How about just a plus sign button (+) at the bottom like (GASP! ) Gowalla has.
    The reason I've opted to use the "Add Venue" item at the bottom of the list is because I decided to follow Palm's UI requirements as they've asked developers to do, unlike (GASP!) Gowalla.

Palm spent a lot of time and money on UI research, and writing out the guidelines for how user interfaces in apps should look so that all apps function essentially the same way. The List widget that Palm developed and distributes with their SDK includes an "Add to List" item built-in. It's built-in for a reason: developers are intended to use it.

To me, adding the "+" button breaks the mold. THis is exactly why I moved from using the CommandMenu widget across the bottom of the app, to sue a customized ViewMenu widget at the top. The reason was this: commands are on the bottom, views are on the top.

The iPhone UI has made people think views are always at the bottom, and on iOS, they are, but not on webOS.

The same goes for the Add Venue list item.

However, since I'm not a complete jerk, if enough people beg me for fit, I'll add it in.

My theory is, though, how often are you adding venues? Before adding, you should be searching. And searching yields a shorter list anyway.
    Hey Z,
    Any way you can ping/update my google latitude account when i check in somewhere? i guess how you have twit and fb update with those buttons, just have another button for latitude.
    i love using latitude (and 4sq), but sometimes if i have it on all the time it kills my batt, so when updating 4sq it would be logical to update lat at the same time (not to mention you can see where all your friends are on a map)
    google lat allows for manually setting your location, so hopefully this wouldnt be something too hard. thanks!

now how can i get all my lat and 4square friends all on one map. hmmm.
    Quote Originally Posted by mc_gusto View Post
    Hey Z,
    Any way you can ping/update my google latitude account when i check in somewhere? i guess how you have twit and fb update with those buttons, just have another button for latitude.
    i love using latitude (and 4sq), but sometimes if i have it on all the time it kills my batt, so when updating 4sq it would be logical to update lat at the same time (not to mention you can see where all your friends are on a map)
    google lat allows for manually setting your location, so hopefully this wouldnt be something too hard. thanks!

now how can i get all my lat and 4square friends all on one map. hmmm.
    Interesting idea. I'll look into it.
    thanks i look forward to whatever you come up with.
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I hope this is the correct location to post a feature request. But first off, thanks for doing that PreCentral interview so I know what Zhephree means!

So here's my problem / request. I have a Pre+, updated to WebOS 2.1. Because I'm on Verizon, even though I'm running GPS Fix, the GPS is hit and miss--usually miss. Sometimes it doesn't get a lock at all, while other times it is off by miles.

If the Foursquare application is already open when GPS fails, it's not a problem--I can type the name of the place I'm at and it will find the place. But if the GPS fails when I'm opening Foursquare, the app won't open--I get the "Try Again"/"Doh!" options. Neither option gets me past the startup screen--"Try Again" never succeeds, at least not on my phone. My GPS is flaky enough that I'd say Foursquare reliably opens up less than 50% of the time I try to launch it.

Instead of not opening at all, would it be possible to make the app handle this situation by opening up to my last known location? That way, I could still check in by typing the name of a venue. It wouldn't be perfect--for instance, if I fly from Sacramento to Miami, it's not going to be very useful that Foursquare opens up using my Sacramento location. But most of the time, my next check-in is pretty close to my last one (i.e., in the same city).

What do you think?
    A feature that I'd like to see (if at all possible):

Picasa integration. I can already upload pics to Flickr via the app with the geo-tag info already included. Hopefully, if it's possible, Picasa would be able to be included as well. This is mainly because I'm into Google+ a lot more and would love to easily upload these pics to my Picasa albums.
    "I'm just here so I don't get fined." -Marshawn Lynch
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    First off, this is an awesome app, and I actually switched from Gowalla to Foursquare because this app is awesome and actually supported.

Anyway, the only real feature addition I have is to add Phnx as an option for twitter app integration.

Otherwise, great app!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12