1.    #1  
    v1.1.8 of foursquare has been sitting in beta for a few weeks. There are a few tweaks that need to be made, but nothing that breaks the app, so I'll be sending 1.1.8 out for approval to Palm tonight.

In the meantime, I'll be working on 1.2 over the next week or 2 and I'll push that out as a beta when it's done and move that on to official after a week of testing or so.

What to expect in 1.2? Better integration with other webOS apps, bug fixes, and video uploads.
    Sounds awesome... I've only just started using this App, but it's been some fun so far. Can't wait to see the new additions.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Hey,

first thanks for this great app.
    I'm using 1.1.8 and the only thing I don't like is that the app is looking for the location while starting. When I'm inside and the gps gets no signal the app just doesn't start.
    Either start the app and wait for a refresh or let the user choose if he wants an automatic refresh when starting the app.

Thanks a lot
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by hertzi View Post
    Hey,

first thanks for this great app.
    I'm using 1.1.8 and the only thing I don't like is that the app is looking for the location while starting. When I'm inside and the gps gets no signal the app just doesn't start.
    Either start the app and wait for a refresh or let the user choose if he wants an automatic refresh when starting the app.

Thanks a lot
    that's interesting... the way it works is, it tries to get a GPS signal. If it gets a bad accuracy or 10 seconds passes (whichever comes first) it launches the nearby venues list and continues to get a better signal. when a better signal comes along, it gives you a refresh button.

It shouldn't just not load. Unless your phone's GPS is failing, like mine. If that is the issue, the app is getting fake "good" signals from the GPS, but cant display anything because it isn't actually good.

Try testing your GPS with an app like GPS Dashbaord or SimpleGPS.
    I'll wait 'till Beta!