Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Hey there

It seems that I am unable to become Mayor of a few places. I'll check in from a location, and it will say "This is your 12th visit" but then I check the mayor of the venue, it says "...has visited 8 times". Is this a bug with the webOS app?
    DOA: Death Of Auto-Zoom
    Quote Originally Posted by JimFNJ View Post
    Hey there

It seems that I am unable to become Mayor of a few places. I'll check in from a location, and it will say "This is your 12th visit" but then I check the mayor of the venue, it says "...has visited 8 times". Is this a bug with the webOS app?
    It is not. The rules for getting a mayorship are:

1. Must have a profile picture
    2. Most check-ins in a 60day period
    3. Does not count "cheating" check-ins or multiple check-ins to the same venue in the same day

In other words, while that may be your 12th visit, not all 12 of those visits happened in the past 60 days, whereas the mayor's 8 checkins were in the past 60 days.

So if only 6 of your 12 checkins were in the past 60 days, the mayor's 8 checkins in the past 60 days wins.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I have the exact same problem. Though mine is 10 and the current mayor is 8. I know hers where not recent because she has been the mayor since the first time i checked in with the same count. It is possible that I hit the location in question more than once in a day though. I'll have give it a few more and see.
    please explain the mayorships advantages?
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne View Post
    please explain the mayorships advantages?
    For the most part, being a mayor is just bragging rights, however, more and more businesses are creating foursquare specials that afford the mayor discounts and free items.

For instance, a BBQ restaurant here in New Orleans gives 2 free drinks to the mayor every time they check-in. Foursquare is still new, so there may not be many specials in your area. To find them, check out SnackSquare.com - FourSquare Special Directory & SMS LBA Provider to search.
    snacksquare is awesome. Never heard of this, thx zhephree!
    huh?

Twitter: ed_moscoso
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhephree View Post
    For the most part, being a mayor is just bragging rights, however, more and more businesses are creating foursquare specials that afford the mayor discounts and free items.

For instance, a BBQ restaurant here in New Orleans gives 2 free drinks to the mayor every time they check-in. Foursquare is still new, so there may not be many specials in your area. To find them, check out [url= - FourSquare Special Directory & SMS LBA Provider[/url] to search.
    Hey Zheefree, I'm a fellow New Orleanian and I checked snacksquare for everything there and couldn't find the barbeque place. I love barbeque and I especially like drinks! What's the name of the place?
    It was Squeal BBQ, but they've since stopped their special. You should still go eat there though! It's awesome!