View Poll Results: Should I return the 650?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

7 100.00%
  • Other (please specify)

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    As I'm sure you're all aware there seems to be a shortage of Treo 650's in the UK atm... I've been waiting for 2 months to [up/down]grade my 600 to a 650 through Orange.

Yesterday I managed to get a sim free Treo 650 for free with a Vodafone contract: 350 anytime minutes @ 20 pcm for 12 months! Great deal huh? Anyway - in store they told me that the phone was new stock and would definately be hardware rev B - unfortunately I got it home and it was rev A!

Is there much noticable difference between the rev A's & B's - is it worth returning my phone and waiting for a rev B to come along and possibly losing out on the great deal?? I really don't want to go back to Orange as they've messed me about far too much over this upgrade.

Haydn.
    I've got an A - its been fine. Only swapped it on the orange insurance due to headset jack going within a couple of months. For me the orange firmware upgrade to 1.31 has made it a bit more stable. Keep it
    My A is absolutely fine (don't know the difference between the two). I'd keep the A unless you know a good reason otherwise...
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Revision A is fine. I really wouldn't worry about the hardware revision. I think you've got yourself a good deal.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    My A device has been fine. Did the shop peeps say what difference between A and B was supposed to be?

The Rev B Sprint 650s might actually be worse than the As:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=95479
  6.    #6  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $HW$ $Rev$ $B$ $fixed$ $the$ $loose$ $battery$ $cover$ ($mine$ $appears$ $to$ $be$ $quite$ $secure$ $anyway$) $and$ $the$ $5$-$way$/$quick$ $keys$ $don$'$t$ $move$ $laterally$ $as$ $much$... $re$: $the$ $screen$ - $I$ $heard$ $that$ $the$ $screens$ $with$ $the$ $hue$ $were$ $security$ $screens$ $so$ $that$ $it$'$s$ $harder$ $for$ $people$ $to$ $see$ $what$ $your$ $doing$... $but$ $the$ $hue$ $would$ $definately$ $pee$ $me$ $off$ - $looks$ $like$ $I$'$m$ $sticking$ $with$ $my$ $rev$ $A$ $then$ =)

Haydn.
    So after all the hastle of getting an upgrade, do you think it was worth it ?
    The 650 certainly has a beautiful screen, if only it wasn't such a cack phone
  8.    #8  
    Hey Tom,

Haven't decided yet - only started using it this morning and haven't made a call yet ;P

Haydn.