1.    #1  
    I've been trying to upgrade my Treo 600 to a 650 through Orange UK since 2nd September (almost 2 months!). I've been checking their website almost every working day but they've continually been out of stock. Today I checked their site and suddenly they have stock! So I phone up to request an upgrade... their out of stock... I phone their sales department - in stock!

Annoyingly they've got stock for new sales but as usual they're ignoring their existing customers, oh and apparently Orange don't have a department where you can discuss these kind of issues... infuriating!

Haydn.
    i thought orange had a thing where the treat existing customers the same was as new ones
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LouisW
    i thought orange had a thing where the treat existing customers the same was as new ones
    They do.... new customers get poor service, just like the existing ones!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Phone Orange and ask for a PAC so that you are moving to another operator. When they ask why, you may find that they will offer you one.
    Orange seems to work like this for existing customers: -

Customer services - who will do whatever they can, but not a lot
    Customer retentions - these can do more than services but not everything
    Disconnections - these people hold the real power, they can do pretty much anything

Therefore, either go through the phone system and find the option for 'if you are thinking of leaving Orange', or explain your situation to customer services (politely, everyone deserves manners) and if they can't help (they probably don't have the authority - sure they can knock a tenner off or something but thats their limits).

So, ask to put through to retentions. Explain your situation to retentions, if you are an existing customer with fair bills then they can usually help, however they only have so much authority.

If retentions won't/can't help, ask them to put you through to disconnections. The secret is asking the people to put you through because you are not happy with what they are offering, this way everything is polite and everyone does what they can within the limits they have. If disconnections don't help then you're not worth it - sorry but they are a business.

Hope it helps
  6.    #6  
    I've already spoken to disconnections six weeks ago (just when they ran out of stock) because they wanted to charge me (an existing customer) more to upgrade, 160, than a new customer, about 60!

After complaining they offered me the upgrade for 14.99 - so I understand that disconnections hold the real power. =)

Haydn.
    So, you're paying 14.99 for the phone upgrade, is that including the price of the phone?

I just phoned upgrades tonight and am paying 159.99 for the phone. I'll have 7 days to check it out. I'm just worried about the audio quality of the phone aspect of the treo (my last experience of the treo 600 with orange wasn't good to say the least).
    I'd went through the Upgrade process myself and was quoted 199 on the website. Then I called Customer care who dropped the price down to 100 then I called Retention who dropped it down to 35 for me.
    I called Orange today and they say the treo 650 is still out of stock....when did you guys get yours?
    Last May
    Orange-uk now have the Treo 650 in stock.... Just called them today for an upgrade, charged me 99 for the Phone. Get it while you can
    You guys are getting some good prices. I've just paid the full 159 with a NEW contract (not upgrade).
  13.    #13  
    Mayoms,

How did you get yours on an upgrade? They have them in stock but for new customers only apparently... I've given them until the end of the week to get me an upgrade phone or I'm off to vodafone - will see what happens.

Wuzz,

The 14.99 I'm paying is the price of the phone upgrade - obviously I'll keep paying my monthly tariff as usual.

Haydn
    They had a delivery of new treo 650 over the weekend....their website has not been updated yet. If you call orange and ask to speak to the rentention team, they should be able to get you one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    They do.... new customers get poor service, just like the existing ones!
    LoL
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by mayoms
    They had a delivery of new treo 650 over the weekend....their website has not been updated yet. If you call orange and ask to speak to the rentention team, they should be able to get you one.
    Done this 3 times! Once last week, onec on Monday and again today! Apparently on Monday they had them in stock but they weren't on the system - they were gonna call me when they were on the system and I said I was leaving today if I hadn't heard anything. Phoned them today and apparently they upgraded some yesterday but now are on back orders only so I still can't get one.

However, I do now have a nice PAC code which I'm tempted to go to Vodafone with. Just saw an offer on mobiles.co.uk - Vodafone 1000 Anytime Minutes @ 37.50 pcm and a free Treo 650! Although I'd have to pay data on top of that and I'm not sure I'd use 45-50 pcm worth of calls/data!

Haydn.
    Why not just wait until a better phone arrives on the market (surely 1st quarter '06 ?). Much as I love my 650, I wouldn't rush to replace your 600 just yet.

Besides, I know for a fact you've heard what a person on the other end of a Treo650 'phone conversation sounds like, and I seem to remember a look of incredulity.

Be patient matey
  18.    #18  
    Got a 650 yesterday - strangely from my local link store... got a sim free treo for free with a Vodafone anytime 350 minutes contract @ 20 pcm (half price) for 12 months... so a sim free T650 for 240!

Bit pissed though as it's HW rev A... now how can I fake a warranty repair job? =P
    If you read the hardware rev B threads, you'll see that you're better off sticking with A!