1.    #1  
    The orange website is showing 650's back in stock. I can get one from orange on their student 120 tariff (25 per month) for 159.99

I want to stick with the student tariff because it includes 1000 txts, and I'll also be adding the 4mb gprs bundle (4 per month). Is it worth trying to haggle with orange over the price of the handset or does anyone know if I can get a better deal elsewhere?
    Hi hate2reg

My advice from my limited experience of using Orange is to go to an Orange shop and talk to a sales advisor and look at their brochure in the shop to see all their special offers. When I did that I saved 125 and they also gave me a useful extra box of accessories, on top of the normal accessories advertised to go with it. Also there is an extra advantage in that you can walk away with your new phone.

I hope that helps!

Luke
    Quote Originally Posted by hate2reg
    The orange website is showing 650's back in stock. I can get one from orange on their student 120 tariff (25 per month) for 159.99

I want to stick with the student tariff because it includes 1000 txts, and I'll also be adding the 4mb gprs bundle (4 per month). Is it worth trying to haggle with orange over the price of the handset or does anyone know if I can get a better deal elsewhere?
    Thanks for the info about it being back in stock - seems a better price than they previously offered. I've just ordered one at 120 mins 25 per month (with first 6 months half price 12.50). Have ordered the 4mb bundle too with first month free..
    Good luck finding one in a store. I gave up and bought an unlocked one. (I also don't have a credit history here so it is hard to get a contract without actually showing up in a store)
    Orange are really getting on t*ts! I've been waiting to upgrade my 600 to a 650 for almost 2 months - and now they've got stock, but only for new sales, no upgrades!

My advise would be to try and get a 650 on Vodafone, you might get better customer service!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If you connect to a new plan with Orange, I'd do it in store. You are able to trade in any old mobile phone, for 50 credit onto your account. This is in addition to the 6 months half price line rental deal.....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo