1.    #1  
    On Orange in the UK, my Treo 600 always showed a small icon of a cassette tape when I had voicemail waiting. I just upgraded to a Treo 650 on O2 UK, and now I don't see any onscreen notification.

Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? I'm sure O2-UK is not so obscure a carrier that the Treo650 can't handle it, so I am at a loss.

p.s. I posted this in Treo Hardware, but then it occurred to me it probably belonged here. apologies.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    That seems very odd. Im locked to Orange with my Treo 650 and I have that icon when voicemail is waiting.

Have you any third party software installed, that for whatever reason may be blocking this?

Wonder if anybody on Vodafone has the same issue....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Vodafone and O2 don't send a normal voicemail notification to bring on the tape symbol. They either call you with a recorded message or send an SMS.
  4.    #4  
    I see. Boy is that annoying. It's a shame. I'm just out of my trial period and I'm already starting to get annoyed with O2.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    Vodafone and O2 don't send a normal voicemail notification to bring on the tape symbol. They either call you with a recorded message or send an SMS.
    My Nokia 6600 on Vodafone UK gets the cassette symbol when I have new voice mail.

Yesterday, I popped a Vodafone chip into my Treo; I'll try calling myself later on to see if the Treo gets the cassette & post back.