1.    #1  
    Have Orange dropped support for this?

For the past couple of days my Talk Now page has been showing:

"Talk Now not initialized. Please contact customer service."
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It's not something I've ever used. I doubt they have though. Suggest you dial 150 from your handset and go through about 20 options to speak to customer care
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #3  
    Orange support seem to have no idea what Talk Now is. I've just explained it to the fourth person that it's like a walkie-talkie and he's put me on hold.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Not being funny, but has ANYONE ever used this? Appart from stevenlcroucher that is?

I mean, I read all the gumph about it and really couldn't see any way in which it might be useful or preferable to making a normal phonecall. Am I missing something?
  5.    #5  
    It's near instant. I press the button and shout a message which comes out the other end.
  6.    #6  
    Aha! A "Sim Update" and it's working again!

Anyone who fancies trying it can add me: Use PM function.
    Last edited by Hicks; 09/27/2005 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Removed private information- see forum guidelines
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So, wait, if I press the button and speak, the sound comes out the other end straight away? And the person I'm sending it to doesn't hear it because the phones in his pocket.

I'm really missing the point here. There must be some way in wich this is useful. Plenty of companies have invested money in this, so it can't be as useless as it seems. There has to be a reason for this to exist. I just haven't been exposed to the correct marketing to know what it is yet.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    So, wait, if I press the button and speak, the sound comes out the other end straight away? And the person I'm sending it to doesn't hear it because the phones in his pocket.

I'm really missing the point here. There must be some way in wich this is useful. Plenty of companies have invested money in this, so it can't be as useless as it seems. There has to be a reason for this to exist. I just haven't been exposed to the correct marketing to know what it is yet.

Anyone?
    I wish I knew! I presume that this is used pretty much exclusively by businesses
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo