1.    #1  
    I'm after some general 'feel' for the quality & timeliness of Optus' mobile support here in Oz. Also, have you had to talk to them about your Treo 650 - if so, were they knowledgable enough to assist ...

thx.
    --
    j.
    Motorola 1100 (Beige!) -> Nokia 1610 -> Nokia 2110i -> Ericsson GH688 (x3) -> Motorola StarTac Xe (x4) -> Motorola ? (some old CDMA brick) -> Ericsson T28 (+ Palm V) -> Ericsson T10 (+ Palm V) -> Nokia 6210 (+ Palm Vx) -> Sony Ericsson T610 (+ Palm Vx) -> Pa1mOne Treo 650
  2. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I can't understand why you - and everyonelse for that matter - are not with Vodafone
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
    Bad news for folks like myself on the Voda capped plans (I am on the $79 cap). I suggest you read the new changes to the plans. Among other changes they have really screwed the pooch with GPRS. Soon it will costs per session, not per data. I believe it is $1 per 5 minute block. I wouldnt recommend leaving your GPRS on 24/7 at that price.

I just paid out my Telstra contract recently so I could join Voda. Talk about bait and switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    I can't understand why you - and everyonelse for that matter - are not with Vodafone
    How they keep going with their poor coverage (also rolls eyes) beats me!
  5. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I don't work for VF or in the industry for that matter,but even with the changes to VF I am yet to break $500 and I use my T650 for 30-40 bus. calls per day.It is also set for auto email chk on 2 a/cs every hour,and I email and text at will.
    Telstra,Optus et al can't even come close.
    As for reception,standing next to my daughter in country NSW last week-end,her Telstra had NO reception,so she borrowed mine.I have NEVER dropped out with VF.
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
  6. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    oh, and you can leave gprs on 24hrs as the 90c for 5 mins. iis only when you start to D/L.
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
    Vodafone has good city coverage. In the country it gets a bit spotty. But you cannot beat their costs. I am hoping as GPRS phones take off in AUS that the GPRS rates will be more reasonable.
    Quote Originally Posted by rio
    oh, and you can leave gprs on 24hrs as the 90c for 5 mins. iis only when you start to D/L.
    Yes im also with Voda and very happy, but was mighty annoyed when i heard about the charging changes to GPRS. Which brings me to your quote above rio.

I have whinged to all and sundry at Voda (even a nice level2 tech who paid out on Voda for this decision) but none of them indicated that you could leave the data on and only be charged when you download.

It was explained to me that you log on and for every 5mins you are on you get charged $1 regardless on network traffic.

Can you let us/me know where you came by this info as it would be appreciated.
    AUSPUG Melbourne Co-Ordinator
    Visit us at...
    Australian Palm Users Group
    When you connect to the Mobile Internet (other than Vodafone live!) from your device, your account will automatically be charged $1 for your first 5 minute block. During this time you have no limits on your browsing and downloads. After your first 5 minutes has expired, if you continue to use the service, your account will again be automatically charged $1.
    Direct from the Voda site
    Visit us at...
  10. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I should perhaps differentiate between "surfing" and simply "pulling" emails.
    My comment about 24 hr gprs was directed solely at emails,each time my system "pulls" emails I am charged 90c.This info is sourced directly from my VF invoice.
    rio
    Brisbane Australia
    Ahh i think i see what you mean rio. SO rather than actully stay connected you are having your mail client autoconned and disconnect every few hours?
    Visit us at...
  12. rio
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    correct a muundo
    rio
    Brisbane Australia