Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    According to sources there will be a firmware 1.31 available soon from Orange. It is in the testing phase. It shows:

Firmware: 01.31
    Software: Treo650-1.15-OCH

I will be reporting if this firmware is any good. I have been running the unlocked firmware 1.28 since about 2 month with only one problem. If Bluetooth is enabled and a Bluetooth-PC is near my device, it will reset from time to time, which was quite annoying. Hope this is solved.

Simebone
  2.    #2  
    Update: The Bluetooth problem is still there.
    Good to hear that Orange are still trying to keep up with the other carriers.

Please keep us informed of progress.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    any update?
    I too have 1.28 / 1.13. Is the new update an Orange update c/w their retrograde (IMHO) phone app, or is it new Palm firmware c/w superior (IMHO) phone app?
  6.    #6  
    Orange obviously believes their phone app is better than the one from palm, so in the Orange-branded firmware 1.31, the phone app is still the same. I kinda got use to it. Other than that my Treo runs very stable exept for that bluetooth problem. But by now I have narrowed the problem down to my PC: Every time a open a connection to a Citrix Metaframe Server with the ICA Client, my treo says there is a bluetooth connection coming in and then crashes. I believe the Citrix-Client sends some malformed bluetooth packages and the Treo can't handle them.

So far, so good.

If anyone is interested in testing the firmware as well, let me know.

Greetings from already cold Switzerland,

simebone
    Switzerland...Cool!

Ta for the offer. I think I have had enough firmware updates for a while! I get the feeling Orange are 'dabbling' whereas Palm have the experience, I am always willing to be disproved, I just don't want to be the guinea pig in the middle.

Plus you have caught me at a moment when the England football team have been comprehensively outsmarted by Denmark!

Bluetooth is the same as all technology - a blessing when it works and a curse when it goes wrong. My car kit /Treo 650 combo was playing up today (at least I think it was). My hunch on BT is that Palm (as a US company) is suspicious of BT (as a scandinavian invention) so haven't bothered to really get to grips with it?

Best wishes from (sunny for once) London.
    Quote Originally Posted by simebone
    So far, so good.

simebone
    Hi simebone

Any update yet on the release date etc.

BTW what sort of improvements should I see from the standard Orange 1.21 version
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    If you are still looking for fw tester, I might be interested !
    I'd like to try it too!
    Any News?
    I received a replacement from Orange yesterday sporting firmware 1.31 so it's available now.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    I received a replacement from Orange yesterday sporting firmware 1.31 so it's available now.
    Can you remember what your free memory was beforehand?

Any improvoments or changes that you can see ?
    Thought of the day :
    Memory is about the same, 12 MB in my case. I haven't noticed any great improvement apart from people actually hearing me clearly on a call which was why I asked for a replacement. Hopefully this clarity will continue and I will post any other observation I have over the coming week.
    I hope Orange put it on their website rather than having to send the phone back.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlcroucher
    I hope Orange put it on their website rather than having to send the phone back.
    With the Treo 600, Orange had the new FW on their website for downloading- so I'm sure that they will do the same with the 650......
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I phoned up Orange support about this a while back. They confirmed if there was an update they would place it on their website
    I've had quite a few resets since getting my replacement 650 with 1.31 on Friday. This doesn't bode well........
    It is available here on the orange uk website:

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/ser...044128513140_2
    Last edited by adzo; 09/13/2005 at 04:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by adzo
    It is available here on the orange uk website:

http://www.business.orange.co.uk/ser...044128513140_2
    Interesting, but it does not seem to give any instructions, just the link to download an .exe file.

Any clues what to do with this
    Thought of the day :
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast