Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I've just updated to Orange 1.15-OUK again. (Tried it earlier but didn't like the Orange branding). I have noticed some improvement in call quality and improved stability of the Treo. I still hate the Orange branding!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by m4t
    What version were you upgrading from ?
    Firmware 1.28

I did not use the flash card, just the cable. I did a hard reset before upgrading, as per the instructions earlier in this post.
    I must be doing something wrong?!? I tried the hard reset (hold power+push reset button under back cover) but that didn't work.

And then did the install using the hotsync and that failed with the partition error?!?

How do you do the SD install? All I could download was an exe from the Orange website (link earlier in thread).

Now I think my device is in some sort of halfway stage - firmware says 1.31 but cam't believe it really is?!?

Help!
    Quote Originally Posted by themitch
    I must be doing something wrong?!? I tried the hard reset (hold power+push reset button under back cover) but that didn't work.

Help!
    Not sure about the rest, but the hard reset is hit the reset button with the stylist, hold down the power button & press up on the Dpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by MediaMgl
    Not sure about the rest, but the hard reset is hit the reset button with the stylist, hold down the power button & press up on the Dpad.
    Hard reset is:- press the reset button while holding the Power On button.

The Up on the Dpad is not needed. You might only do a soft reset if you press the Up as well.

To make it easy, bear in mind that you can use one of the many reset apps to save pushing in the reset button, it then makes it easier to press the Up or On button, depending on what sort of reset you want
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Just to let you guys know my headphone jack was beginning to go. It was crackerly listening to MP3s and on the hands free whilst I could hear throguh the headphones it was also coming out the back speaker at the same time. Swapped it under Orange insurance rather than send it off to Palm. Only thing though. The new phone had firmware 1.21 so I will have to go through the upgrade again
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becs
    Just to let you guys know my headphone jack was beginning to go. It was crackerly listening to MP3s and on the hands free whilst I could hear throguh the headphones it was also coming out the back speaker at the same time. Swapped it under Orange insurance rather than send it off to Palm. Only thing though. The new phone had firmware 1.21 so I will have to go through the upgrade again
    Does it look like a brand new unit or a re-conditioned handset? Good to know that they still have stock for replacements under Orange Care.

Good luck with the FW upgrade/ wiping that horrid Orange branding off!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    A .exe file? for Windows? What about for Mac users?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123