1.    #1  
    Hi,

Has anyone else using the orange launcher having this problem?

My launcher always shows Unread SMS (1) , however when I go into the SMS application none are showing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Paul
    I have the exact same problem (except it is telling me that I have 3 unread SMS when my Inbox is empty). Does anyone have a solution?

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by ngoldman
    I have the exact same problem (except it is telling me that I have 3 unread SMS when my Inbox is empty). Does anyone have a solution?

Nick
    Hi Guy's

I had something similar, not with the Orange Launcher, but with an app I'm beta testing.

I'm now unbranded away from Orange using FW 1.20, but this problem still remained.

I solved it by deleting the file SMS Messages2, using FileProg.

A new SMS Messages2 file is automatically created.

I did not lose any setting or messages, but you might want to back up the file onto a SD card just to be on the safe side.

If you give it a try let me know if it works, as it may be a solution for others when this beta app is released.

Thanks

Chas.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Following advice found elsewhere, I deleted SMS Messages2 and also a file called Messages Database. This solved the problem for me, but I *DID* lose all my old messages. Maybe it would have been better just to delete SMS Messages2. Too late now. Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by ngoldman
    Following advice found elsewhere, I deleted SMS Messages2 and also a file called Messages Database. This solved the problem for me, but I *DID* lose all my old messages. Maybe it would have been better just to delete SMS Messages2. Too late now. Nick
    Have you done a hotsync since you deleted the Messages Database file?

If not, you should find a copy in your Backup Folder that Hotsync maintains. If it's there, just double click it and it will put it back at your next hotsync.

You may want to set the hotsync to let the pc overwrite the handheld for just that sync, but think about changed datebook data etc first
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway