1.    #1  
    Just got my Orange Treo 650, at last. I will now think about flashing to get rid of the Orange o/s. First impressions are - it seems cheap and ugly compared to my Treo 600! The dark gun metal grey was far nicer than the light silver, and the plastic battery cover is, well, plasticky, compared the 'hewn from a slab' feel of the 600. Screen sure is nice though and I am looking forward to contolling my iTunes with the Sailing Clicker bluetooth remote.

Cheers everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by beermeupscottie
    Just got my Orange Treo 650, at last. I will now think about flashing to get rid of the Orange o/s. First impressions are - it seems cheap and ugly compared to my Treo 600! The dark gun metal grey was far nicer than the light silver, and the plastic battery cover is, well, plasticky, compared the 'hewn from a slab' feel of the 600. Screen sure is nice though and I am looking forward to contolling my iTunes with the Sailing Clicker bluetooth remote.

Cheers everyone
    Verry telling post. LOL
  3.    #3  
    It's starting to grow on me looks wise....but the Orange UI definitely isn't! Hmm, here's the SD card reader, now to find the instructions so I don't fry it. The plan is to go to 1.23 then to 1.28, based on reading the forums this afternoon...wish me luck
  4.    #4  
    I crossed my fingers, & have managed to go from Orange to 1.23 to 1.28 with no problems. For anyone wondering whether to flash the firmware, I am not very techie at all - but maybe the fact it is a work phone and not my own made it easier to give it a go.

I used a card reader to install 1.23. I tried to use a card reader to install the 1.28 that I downloaded from the Palm website, but the unzipped file did not seem to have a folder called 'Palm' that I could drop on to the SD card. So I installed 1.28 via a Hotsync. Then I chose the 'extra' free programs Orange give you (not a lot...) and put those on (eg 2 games, E-book reader, Docs to Go & Java). I created a new user and am going to ignore my old Treo 600 profile.

Now to start playing around. Been 6 months since my Treo 600 died so will be fun to re-learn old things and some brand new ones