1.    #1  
    I went into our office today, which has no mobile phone reception. My treo kept making a noise (souns like some pressing a piano key) until I turned off the phone. I recently installed butler - is this causing the alarm I couldn't see a set up for one? How do I stop it without turning off the phone - it was bit embarrassing people were staring at me.
    It sounds like you have the Service Tone turned on. It's an option in the Sounds Preferences: Phone/Tones.

When the Treo can't get a signal it makes a sound so that you'll know that coverage dropped. Poor coverage drains the battery faster because the Treo is constantly trying to establish a connection. That tone warns you so you can turn the radio off.

It also keeps you from rambling on and on while on a call not realizing that the signal was lost.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 06/07/2005 at 06:22 AM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  3.    #3  
    Yes I did have the service tone on thanks. I usually keep my phone in my bag so its the first time I've heard it. By radio do you mean bluetooth? I tend to keep that turned off unless I'm actually using it.
    I think he means the phone portion of the treo..
    The only time I ever made a mistake was when i thought I did and was mistaken.
    Yes, I meant the radio transceiver (the part that makes and receives phone calls). If it loses signal (has no service) the Service Tone warns you, so that you can turn the communication portion of the Treo off to conserve battery power.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.