22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

16 72.73%
  • No.

3 13.64%
  • Only after I flashed it.

3 13.64%
  1.    #1  
    There are a lot of posts about problems with Orange Treo 650s here. I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there like me who has one that just works fine with no problems.
    Mine worked fine I just flashed the firmware out of curiosity but I prefer the Treo launcher over the orange one anyday.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Couldn't use the Orange Launcher. F**ing awful pile of **** ****** ****. Whoever decided to inflict that on us is a total **** ****** **** **** *** ****.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    Couldn't use the Orange Launcher. F**ing awful pile of **** ****** ****. Whoever decided to inflict that on us is a total **** ****** **** **** *** ****.
    Well said Richks
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I hate you orange, I hate your orange lets screw up a phone with our orange crappy software. If it works why play with it? Get a clue you dense arragont asses, soory for foul mood. I only stayed on for treo 650. Better when flashed agreeded 100%, orange suck so badly.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    I guess that I've been lucky. I haven't had any problems thus far -- Orange branding doesn't seem to cause me issues, and the folks on Fleet Street are fine -- just hope that I haven't spoken too soon.

I'll be really putting the unit through it's paces over the next 3 weeks. I'll be doing some international travelling and not taking my laptop along with me.
    I voted yes, but it was my 2nd handset. the first one had some serious memory hardware faults.

No crashes yet on the 2nd one

I actually like the Orange front end, but if it was a choice between the Orange front end or getting a 650 months earlier I would have voted for the proper Palm fornt end
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    From what I'm hearing it appears that the Treo 650 is basically a pretty solid and stable device, IF YOU'RE LUCK ENOUGH TO GET ONE THAT'S NOT A DUD! There appears to be a very high failure rate.

A mate and I have had identical handsets from orange for 5 years. We both got Treo 650's the same day. Mine worked, his didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    From what I'm hearing it appears that the Treo 650 is basically a pretty solid and stable device, IF YOU'RE LUCK ENOUGH TO GET ONE THAT'S NOT A DUD! There appears to be a very high failure rate.
    Correct

Plus if you get problems the first thing to do is remove all the apps you have put on, as the chances are that there will be a software conflict
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  10. jgk
    More than happy wth mine, and happy enough with the Orange front-end, now I've been using it a couple of weeks and know the shortcuts.

No issues (once I put foilded-up paper behind the sim card).
    can you drag & drop calendar items with the pen? this should be possible in the 'week view' to move an appointment to another day/time.
    However on mine and the man from Orange's, this would not happen.
    Pretty happy with mine. Am keen on performing the firmware upgrade, but more out of interest than necessity. It performs well, rarely resets and i'm pretty happy.

I'm waiting for Orange blessing before performing the upgrade, i dont want to lose the warranty!

Paul
    Had no problems with mine. Just added software one at a time. no conflicts so far. Having got it so long after everyone else, you get to know where the pitfalls are from reading the threads. Happy with the launcher, don't want to upgrade the firmware without oranges say so. Only issue was when I went to Paris at the weekend and Orange had not put international roaming on like I asked them to. So lost without the phone part. However, used it for Paris maps and metro, fantastic piece of kit!
    Had mine a month now - flashed to 1.23 as soon as I got it home, and now running 1.28. Only problems I've had are a touchscreen that isn't entirely flat (not uncommon) and a crash whenever I boot my BT-equipped VAIO laptop - wakes up the Treo and then doesn't establish a connection, so the Treo gets bored and reboots! I was tempted to get an exchange due to the touchscreen, but given the seemingly high chances of getting far more flakey hardware in exchange, I decided to live with it...

Would now be lost without it - very glad I bought one.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    First one awful, second one near perfect...
    Mine's fine. No, even better than that - great. Now why couldn't they forget all the Orange branding rubbish and bring it out 9 months earlier? - would have saved themselves a lot of effort , created IMHO a superior product and given me a Christmas present

I've u/gd to 1.28. Had a minor problem a while back with Wordsmith crashing the Find utility.

Only beef is an OS one: Voice Dialing using a BT Car Kit is not up to scratch