Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    All,

I've just received an offer from palm, they will provide a free bluetooth headset for all UK treo 650's purchased before 30th June!

http://euro.palmone.com/uk/treo650promotion

Cheers

Paul
  2. jgk
    Looks interesting - I wonder if they count a free of charge upgrade from Orange as a "purchase".
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk
    Looks interesting - I wonder if they count a free of charge upgrade from Orange as a "purchase".
    If you got a "nil" receipt from Orange I would have thought you would qualify for the free headset
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgk
    Palmone get paid by orange, and you pay Orange through your contract, so a free upgrade should count. just hope they dont try to wriggle out of the deal for those of us who bought before the deal was offered....
    S
  5.    #5  
    It doesnt claim that existing purchases dont count, it claims it's all purchases before end of June. However, if for upgrades you dont have a receipt at all, that may cause an issue. Fortunaely min's a new contract, so i have a receipt, application form in the post!
  6. jgk
    I certainly have a receipt for the free upgrade, even if the price column does say "0.00".

It's definitely worth a try.....
    From my reading of the offer. The IMEI barcode is the sticker on the treo box. I have just about managed to rip this off. Have I done the right thing?

I ordered the blue tooth headset on Tuesday night from the Treocentral store so I may be overwhelmed with headsets. Still I can go for the Nathan Barley look! Totally Mexico.

PS. JGK has Sir Les definitely left Reading
  8. jgk
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    From my reading of the offer. The IMEI barcode is the sticker on the treo box. I have just about managed to rip this off. Have I done the right thing?

I ordered the blue tooth headset on Tuesday night from the Treocentral store so I may be overwhelmed with headsets. Still I can go for the Nathan Barley look! Totally Mexico.

PS. JGK has Sir Les definitely left Reading
    I realised too earlier that I need the box - luckily the dustmen didn't come today as this week had a bank holiday, so a real stroke of luck there!

PS - Yes, he was not offered a new playing contract, and although there was some talk of him staying on to caoch this won't be happened. However, his boy has signed up for the RFC academy!
    I too got an email about this offer from Palm last night. I paid for my 650 as an upgrade in an Orange shop, so I did have a receipt listing a Treo 650 with its IMEI and a date of purchase - that ought to do.

I ended up cutting around the IMEI barcode on the box with a sharp knife - I *hate* it when companies insist you damage packaging in order to get freebies like this. Surely the receipt is good enough proof of purchase? They've already said they are limiting the number sent out to each address, so people can't really claim dozens of free headsets by sending in multiple copies of the receipt.

Just in case anyone hasn't noticed - the address you have to send stuff to is in Ireland, so for people in the UK, that's airmail, and costs rather more than a single first class stamp. I put 3 first class stamps on mine - given that this is first come, first served, I thought I'd try and avoid it sitting in surface mail for 2 weeks...
    Do we have to pay for postage of the headset? I thought they just wanted the number do they really expect us to cut up the box? The IMEI number is also on the phone under the battery.
    No, you don't have to pay for postage to get the headset, but you do have to pay for the letter you send them, and it is international post, not standard domestic.

And from my reading of the coupon, yes, they do really want you to cut up the box - it says something about "the original IMEI barcode" - i.e. they want the actual piece of paper with the barcode on, not just the number. I guess it proves you actually do own one, as you won't have the box otherwise!
    I sent a scan of my box with a note saying that I couldn't get the sticker off. I also just sent the letter by first class. Let's see what happens......
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Good find PButterworth! Just got my letter/ envelope ready to post in the morning....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Airmail for europe is 42p. I've managed to peel off the sticker without destroying the box. I want to keep my box in tact for when I sell my handset when the next upgrade comes out.
    Has anyone got an email reciept acknowledging request for the free Bluetooth Headset? .. like they said, they'd send an email once they processed your letter. .. Im still waiting for my acknowledgement email
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    . .. Im still waiting for my acknowledgement email
    Ditto
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    No e-mail - I sent two forms for two Treos
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    No confirmation either. Didn't they say up to 4 weeks?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Nothing here either.
    I'm still waiting and I logged on to see if anyone else had heard anything. Guess I am not alone. Hope they can read my handwriting.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast