Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lte1000
    Hicks - I got exactly the same letter from them. It was also clear from my Orange till receipt that I had bought a Treo 650, I don't know what their problem was.

I kept photocopies of everything so I have resent it all, this time with the relevant bits highlighted and also a copy of my Orange contract.
    Ditton on that one!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I got the same letter (with a bit of German on it, that'll please someone on this thread) - I previously sent IMEI, coupon and Invoice. But now I have sent actual delivery note and confirmation of purchase note obtained from Orange (Sent them in seperate letters, dont ask). What more could they possibly need?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    YES! Just received this 5 minutes ago:

Thank you for participating in the palmOne Bluetooth headset
    promotion. Your participation was processed on 24/06/2005 and a Treo
    Bluetooth headset will be mailed to you shortly.

Please visit the promotion website www.submissionstatus.com, should
    you wish to track your request.

We hope that you will enjoy using the Bluetooth function of your Treo
    650 smartphone.

With regards,

The palmOne team.

About bloomin time!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

I got the same email as what Hicks got 13 days after I mailed the documents.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muttdaemon
    I got the same email as what Hicks got 13 days after I mailed the documents.
    Mine took 5 days....

I still haven't received any acknowledgement, positive or negative
    Just upgraded from Treo 600 -> 650 yesterday (Orange), so hoping I can still just sneak in the back door on this one. All the wording does seem to indicate that you need to buy the 650 by the 30th, so the form arriving a few days after that date should hopefully be ok.
    It's not about right, not about wrong. It's about power.
    I sold mine on ebay for about 40.

I might sell the other one as I'm not sure if i need a bluetooth headset. One of my colleagues said I looked like a photocopy repairman wearing it.

What I really want is bluetooth stereo headphones
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    One of my colleagues said I looked like a photocopy repairman wearing it.
    Wait, photocopier repair men have a stereotype now?

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    What I really want is bluetooth stereo headphones
    Actually, that's an excellent plan.
    Hi,

I have one day (better 3 hours !) to buy the Treo 650 from either MicroAnvika, or dabs.com (both 399.99!) before the promotion ends. I suppose the day of purchase counts, not the day palmone recieves my barcode and proof of purchase.

However, I'm not sure if these retailers will be accepted as local palmone retailers. MicroAnvika just wrote to me saying that they "..are an authorized retailer of this product."

Do you guys think palmone will be happy with these retailers or do they only honour Orange Treos and Treos purchased from their palmone store online ? At the end of the day according to their stock figures online, both retailers seem to be selling a few hundreds of Treo 650's per day... So no dodgy ebay sellers.
    ...Palmone customer service replied :

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting palmOne Store Customer Service.

The promotional offer on the Treo 650 is only available on our PalmOne
    Store online.

Kind regards,

Noemie
    palmOne Store Customer Service Representative"

Why only from the palmone store online ?? The promotion website says :

" You can buy the Treo 650 smartphone from the palmOne Store, from a local palmOne retailer or participating Orange resellers." !

Doesn't really match, does it.

I still have 3 hours to go and grap a 650 from MicroAnvika in Tottenham Court Road in person...But should I, I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by palmOne
    The promotional offer on the Treo 650 is only available on our PalmOne
    Store online.
    Well, technically true - the promotion is on the website, but all the evidence (including others in this thread) seem to indicate that you're ok as long as you just buy the thing and have the receipt (and the bit off the box).

But who knows - I'm sending my application off today (30th) which means it will only get there tomorrow (1st July) at the earliest and I'm wondering if they will try to get out of it based on that. The site does say "you must buy the phone before the 30th" and I highlighted the date on the receipt. We'll see - hope I haven't defaced my box for nothing.
    I've just managed to get a confirmation through today for delvery tomorrow so hopefully my invoice will show today's date on it and still be valid. The coupon states that the offer is valid until June 30th, so I'm hoping it will still be honoured :/
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I received my headset yesterday. I must say I quite like it- certainly can't complain when it was free!

Pretty good having an additional charger that will charge the Treo as well. Means I can have a charger at work and at home now.

Last Saturday, I received my Bluetooth headset from Palm. On the same day, while on our way to a friend's house, my wife kept on hearing a crackling sound outside the car. I pulled over and saw my treo stereo headphone dangling under the car door. I managed to drag it for a couple of miles destroying it in the process. Oh well...at least I have a bluetooth headset.
    I got my free headset today! Thanks very much Palmone/Palm.
    Just got mine this morning. Woo hoo!
    And I just got mine this morning - even better since I'd completely and utterly forgotton that I'd sent off for it and was wondering who sent the package until I saw what was inside.

Nice one, cheers Palm.
    Has any who purchased their handset from Orange received a BT headset?
    Yes, my Treo was from Orange.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast