1.    #1  
    Hi - i have just purchased a new 650 direct from Orange. When I called them and asked if I could have the phone unlocked they said it would come unlocked and if it didnt, it was just the case of getting a code from Orange without costing me anything. So - it came - and what a surpise it was locked. I then called them for the unlock code and then they said it would cost me 20!! Im not happy about this - its not really the 20 - more the principle.

So - does anyone know how to unlock the Orange 650? Your help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  2.    #2  
    I just upgraded the firmware to 1.23 which seems to be fine but unlike the process for the 600 - it DOESNT unlock it... I guess I should have found that out first. Anyway - still - anyone know how to unlock it? Im going away on Thursday and want to use a Spanish sim card but cant at the moment
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarks
    I then called them for the unlock code and then they said it would cost me 20!! Im not happy about this - its not really the 20 - more the principle.
    20 sounds like a good deal to me! Are you sure that's right?
  4.    #4  
    definitely 20. i bit the bullet and paid. not happy after they told me it would be free but thats life i suppose.
    Ashleymarks,

At least you did not have to pay fo rthe whole contract like others have had to get it unlocked. A small plus, and yes I know what you mena, it is definatly principle. Not the cost that it is at stake. I am wating for my replacemeant treo cos I want main unlocked also.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    My treo won't be delivered until tomorrow now
  7.    #7  
    i feed for you! Though my treo as a phone is pretty useless at the moment as I cant unlock it and my number hasnt been ported over yet! grrrrr