1.    #1  
    Hi,

I've been waiting for Orange to launch the 650 for ages - my Tungsten T2 / Nokia 6310i combination has been hanging on grimly...

I have had several phones from Orange in the past, and they invariably muck about with them to "brand" the user experience. In my opinion, this invariably removes features I'd like to use and makes the phone far less user-friendly, but maybe that's just me! (After a bit of tweaking with LogoManager and the like, my Orange 6310i is now just a plain 6310i as Nokia intended, save for the Orange logo on the front...)

So, what have Orange changed over the unlocked GSM 650? What have they added (and can you delete it) and what have they removed?

Oh, and have they left the DUN facility enabled so you can use it as a modem for your laptop?

Cheers,

Simon
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Orange have utterly bollocksed up the phone app as far as I can tell. I have installed the firrmware upgrde and that has returned all the functionality I needed. The phone is now perfectly usable as far as I Can tell, but over time I may encounter problems.

Other than that they added all the useless crap they put onto the treo 600, like that stupid backup over GPRS (which they must know no-one can afford with their charges) and a load of their bookmarks you can't delete.
    To be honest, if you know orange then there is nothing new to expect. They have put that annoying side bar which you scroo down for features. But at the end of the day you can leave these all under the orange category. I use agendous pro 9 then just us ethe phone to make calls. I have noticed no degrade in use. I had an unlocked treo650 last year. Problems are speaker, and resets quite a bit when removing sd cards and certain apps which I have migrated across form other palm devices.

But all in all not a bad show, better then an american sprint or wireless handest which are just replusive.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Can't you use Filez to delete the Orange stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Can't you use Filez to delete the Orange stuff?
    No you can not they are locked in the rom.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Maybe people should put the phone in their pocket and grab a power junction box. It worked for Robocop......