Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Remember with the Treo 600 how you could go to the press the Phone option and just start typing the contact or just start inputting a phone number. There used to be two options on the 600:

* Typing dials phone number
    * Typing starts contact search

These used to be in Display preferences now I believe from reading other posts that on normal Treo 650s they are in a category called General preferences.

As far as I can work out this General Prefs category does not exist on Orange UK treos.

I'm quite prepared to believe I'm being stupid but I can't stop my 650 from dialling the phone number
  2.    #2  
    Wasn't the Treo 650 supplied with a full version of Documents to Go by PalmOne?

Orange seem to have got rid of this.
  3.    #3  
    Is anyone else having problems accessing their Favourites buttons?

I occassionally see mine for a second as the phone switches from the main screen to the contacts screen.

But apart from this everything is going well
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    Wasn't the Treo 650 supplied with a full version of Documents to Go by PalmOne?

Orange seem to have got rid of this.
    No, it is on the CD and has to be installed.
    I've had a few problems myself :-
    1. disconnects from network during dialing of call, and randomly less so otherwise.
    2. Oranges launch screen which seems to have replaced the default phone app is usably idiotic. I want to be able to press down to get to my contact list, or just type the first letter like on the 600 + 650 without this launcher rubbish.
    3. power button to screen on is SLOW. I think this is to do with yet again, oranges launcher.
    4. Treo install CD is blank on my mac.

so, anyone know how I can remove the launcher?
    With regards to Macs the offical orange line is I believe that they don't support 'em. Do you have access to a PC? I'm a Mac user myself but my work lap-top is a windows pc. However I don't have my handset yet
    With the unlocked Palmone version you get two CDs Mac/PC. I should get my Orange one tomorrow so will check. I will be extremly disappointed if they don't offer the Mac CD as Palm one of the few operating systems if not the only one that fully supports the Mac and one of the main reasons I'm going for the Treo. Also check out The Missing Sync which doesn't require the palm desktop and in my (limited) experience with Palm is much better software.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs7sje
    1. disconnects from network during dialing of call, and randomly less so otherwise.
    2. Oranges launch screen which seems to have replaced the default phone app is usably idiotic. I want to be able to press down to get to my contact list, or just type the first letter like on the 600 + 650 without this launcher rubbish.
    3. power button to screen on is SLOW. I think this is to do with yet again, oranges launcher.

Refernce the blank cd, if you are using mac the windows cd comes as blank on a mac.
    Yes you get two cd's with bthe orange branded Treo 650. If you read my thread titled onrange treo 650. I might be able to assit you with some more info.
    I'd definately recommend missing sync as the palm desktop software can be a bit variable. When I first got my ibook and loaded the mac version of the software that came with my T3 I couldn't get it to sync then I read about missing sync and was finally able to synchronise my palm and my mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs7sje

cs7sje, have you fixed the network disconnects yet. I got my 650 today from Orange and it disconnects when idle after a few mins (sometimes does it whem making a call too).

John
    ...would you get another Orange-branded handset or an unlocked version of the Treo 650?

I'm just deciding with whom to place my order...
    Hell NOOOO!!!!
    I would stick with the treo I love palm, the interface usage is just perfect. I love the phone also it is an added bonus. I have used so many others and still return to palm.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Quote Originally Posted by jfp_martin
    cs7sje, have you fixed the network disconnects yet. I got my 650 today from Orange and it disconnects when idle after a few mins (sometimes does it whem making a call too).

John
    Not fixed, but its settled down (hasn't done it for a day or two)
    Sorry, but what I was asking was would you buy an Orange-branded Treo 650 or an unbranded (i.e. PalmOne branded) unit? So, no custom Orange applications, launcher, etc.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    Remember with the Treo 600 how you could go to the press the Phone option and just start typing the contact or just start inputting a phone number. There used to be two options on the 600:

* Typing dials phone number
    * Typing starts contact search

These used to be in Display preferences now I believe from reading other posts that on normal Treo 650s they are in a category called General preferences.

As far as I can work out this General Prefs category does not exist on Orange UK treos.

I'm quite prepared to believe I'm being stupid but I can't stop my 650 from dialling the phone number
    You are not being stupid: I cannot do this either. This renders the 650 pretty much useless. Also I cannot seem to get the list of last 10 numbers called like you used to get when you pressed the middle button when you were in the Phone App.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?
  17.    #17  
    I took the trouble to download the Unlocked GSM User Manual. Orange have completely rewritten (spoilt) the front end of the Phone application.

If you upgrade from the 600 to 650 with the typing starts contact search as your preference. You will find that your phone is a bit of a mess.

Orange have set up the phones so that if you type a number it goes to dialpad and if type a letter it goes to favourites. If when you upgrade you had typing starts contact search as your preference you will find this happens: type a number and you go to dialpad, type a letter only key and you go to contacts. You will never be able to use the favourites feature (you ocassionally see you old favourites briefly as you swap between the main phone screen and the contacts).

So my advice to Orange upgraders is change your preference to typing dial number before you upgrade.

If we could get our hands on the Phone application Palmone wrote all would be solved.
    I really don't know what orange were thinking - We probably waited an extra 4 months for this shoddy downgrade to the dialer!
    The sooner someone gets a patch to replace it out the better - any takers?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Alfie,

I just installed the 1.23 firmware and it's utter bliss! All the functionality of the Treo600 phone app is restored and actually improved! and of course, all those stinky Orange apps are gone, as is the s**tbox "Welcome" page. If I wanted to use outlook, I'd have bought a f**king windows phone.
    Where can I get the firmware from?
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast