Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Right, First of all talk now does now, work you need to suscribe to it and you need others who have a supported handeheld. Also you can remove it quite easily by going to the pda, going to app, delete and then remove the files you installed.

I uninstalled talknow, as I noticed when I put the code in to find out the cause of the last restart, talknow kept appearing. So I Would say it is buggy, as for 1.23 being buggy, my mate has not had one reset yet since yesterday afternnon. Prior to that he had one or 2 every hour. Also no orange stuff. It is beta after all. If anyone needs a gsm version of 1.21 I also have that on.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    (thanks for the talknow uninstall instructions mate)
    Two things Ive noticed about my Treo650
    1. Ive only had it for 2 nights, and both mornings I was unable to power up - anyone had this problem? .. im gonna ring orange in a minute to ask about this
    2. My 1gb 60x SD card which worked fine on my Treo600 can hardly handle mp3s over 128kbps, it just skips onto the next file - this has been tested in RealPlayer (real horrorshow) and PocketTunes

-- Ive a feeling these are all things 1.23 can fix! - Apple Power.. can I unlock my phone using these roms?
  3.    #43  
    So glad I did the update. Really like the phone now. I used 1.23 and have had no problems. The phone is not unlocked.

Every one seems to really hate realplayer. But to me it seems to do everything you really need in an MP3 player. What's the problem if you don't use shoutcast (which I guess no-one in the UK does) ?

Strange but true: Orange Care were meant to be delivering another phone to my house tonight. The delivery bike never turned up. So I rang Orange to complain and they contacted the Courier company. It turned out that the courier had been attacked by the previous cutomer he'd gone to deliver a phone to.
    Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    (thanks for the talknow uninstall instructions mate)
    Two things Ive noticed about my Treo650
    1. Ive only had it for 2 nights, and both mornings I was unable to power up - anyone had this problem? .. im gonna ring orange in a minute to ask about this
    2. My 1gb 60x SD card which worked fine on my Treo600 can hardly handle mp3s over 128kbps, it just skips onto the next file - this has been tested in RealPlayer (real horrorshow) and PocketTunes

-- Ive a feeling these are all things 1.23 can fix! - Apple Power.. can I unlock my phone using these roms?
    Right simple, applying either update will not do anything to unlock the handeset. However for all those who say that the 1.21 is more stable I have my reservations. They are both beta releases with the official 1.25 still been awaited on.

They made improvemeants on the 1.21 hence there is a 1.23, look around. Some people will ahve an occasional memory lack. But for most orange customers will notice no difference, except for a phone that works well and have a few extra phone features that orange took out.

Realplayer, I am playing mp3's encoded on my mac at a 192kbps on realplayer fine. Also you might just have a faulty software. I am happy with reaplayer it works alright for the odd mp3. I use my ipod and it is not an ipod replacemant.

As for orange I appreciate that they have a hard job, but asking me stupid questions is one thing I give them credit for. Most of them are clueless and technical as almost as bad. You get the odd geek, who knows what he is talking about.

Apologies there going off track.

I reckon areflash will sove your job refernce realplayer and start up issues. My mates has still not reset once since he done his, I am so jealous, mine is still restting.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    wot no minimac in that line up Apple power !!?? That will be my next home purchase with a nice 17inch flat panel, my 2001 Imac 600mhz is a bit slow now and imovie and other apps take an age to get going....is the 1.23 updater thing easy to install ??
    I don't seem to be able to charge through the hotsync cable that come with my Orange 650. Is this correct, as it seems to plug into the power hole as well as the other hole ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    wot no minimac in that line up Apple power !!?? That will be my next home purchase with a nice 17inch flat panel, my 2001 Imac 600mhz is a bit slow now and imovie and other apps take an age to get going....is the 1.23 updater thing easy to install ??

My better half will murder me, I am in the process of ordering a souped up dual 2.7G5 with a 30 inch screen tax free. Incidentaly as I write this I am just of to pick up the 2005 spec 1.67G4 powerbook. Have not told her yet. But I am sure she will understand, getting it for a bargin price.

As for the mac mini, contemplated many a time, but my other half like the imac to much.

But it is a point I might try and raise with her.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    The 1.23 is so simply that I a simple simon managed it. You simply palce the palm folder you unzip from the firmware rar package and place in an sd card. Ensure it does not already have a palm folder in use an empty one. Also do a full backup, hard reset, then once you pust sd card in it strats to work, several restarts later you will hav the choose language option.

At this point you will remove the sd card and voila you are done. Also I would do one more hard reset for good measure.

And no the sync cable does not charge the treo.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
  9.    #49  
    You can plug the power cable into the Hotsync cable. Maybe everyone realised this but it took me a couple of days :-)

The treo seems no longer able to reduce image sizes to allow mms. Am I right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Abu Alfie
    You can plug the power cable into the Hotsync cable. Maybe everyone realised this but it took me a couple of days :-)
    Thanks for that, I didn't notice it.
    Makes me feels like a right plonker

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts

Nope! I didn't realise that, good call
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by cs7sje
    I've had a few problems myself :-
    1. disconnects from network during dialing of call, and randomly less so otherwise.
    Day 2 & I'm having the trouble of ramdom disconnects.
    I turn the Treo on and find that it has turned the radio off by itself.
    Anyone else had this problem ?

Also on my 650 I get the normal tune when I turn the radio on, but it is silent when I turn the radio off, unlike the 600.

Keen to fnd out if this is normal before I ring Orange support about the ramdom off problem
    Last edited by ChasT; 05/26/2005 at 04:14 AM. Reason: typo
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts

The treo seems no longer able to reduce image sizes to allow mms. Am I right?
    Actually, if you note the charge % when you plug the phone into a computer via the USB cable (without the power cable plugged in), the % creeps up very very slowly. So it will re-charge this way, but not at the normal speed. There must be a low voltage difference between the phone and the cable.

Not the same as a proper recharge cable, but worth knowing about...
    the hotsync cable / charger lead thing is a right pain in the derriere....a mass of cables with some very untidy clutter...I've already ordered a sync and charger retractable cable from proporta to get round this. Chas, I get the same ring when it comes on but nowt when it is switched off. Does anyone know of a cheap programme that will switch the 650 on and off at set times ? Profeo lite used to work on the 600 but is not listed as working with the 650.
    I've finally had a chance to play around with my Orange Treo. I can tolerate the mildly offensive launcher and the messed up dial pad but have now discovered that I am only allowed to use Orange's outgoing mail server. This I was told by Orange support was the way the technology works. Strange as I don't recall having this problem with Vodafone as I could use any outgoing server I liked. Perhaps Vodafone use some other kind of technology. They helpfully suggested that I could use dial up which kind of defeats the purpose of a data bundle. I fear we are slowly moving towards how the American networks operate. Sadly my Treo will be returning to Orange. Come back Vodafone, all is forgiven.
    Quote Originally Posted by heterodoxos
    ....... now discovered that I am only allowed to use Orange's outgoing mail server.
    Don't know if it helps, but I use snapper mail and have setup my own mail.mydomain.co.uk as the pop2 & stmp servers and it works 100%. Is this what you told would not work ?

This disconnect problem is getting to me. It seems that if the signal gets too weak for too long, the radio turns itself off !!! Help
    Thought of the day :
    Thanks for the tip Chas, didn't think to try another mail program. My main grievance is with the attitude of Orange support. I'm sure they're not all that rude but as a company that is "committed to excellent customer service" they really need to put a bit more work into it. I expressed my displeasure by cancelling my contract and returning the phone. Okay my rant is now over. Sorry I can't help with the disconnect problem. Perhaps you could try Orange support?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    MurrayAlex- how about RadioControl? I used to use it on the Treo 600 and its free!

I use TreoGuard at the moment but its not free of course.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    thanks Hicks... will give it a try
    Heterodexus...I use snappermail too and it accepts my mac accounts no problem....mail.mac.com and smtp.mac.com as the servers. In my view snapper is also a better programme than versamail
    Any word on the wifi card for the treo ? anyone tried one out yet ?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast