Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by LozzaMac
    Now I've just got to learn how to use it!!!
    Quick hint, if you want to get to favourites, press the Phone key and then press the "Q" key, or any deadicated letter key, that will take you to Favorites.
    Pressing a number will take you to the Dial Pad

Lots of new ways to learn.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Thanks for the tips. I've manged to sychronise using missing sync, send a couple of text messages, surf and set up my email but MUST let it charge now.

Oh yes and played a couple of tracks using realplayer and had a general fiddle.

I haven't flashed the firmware yet I might see how it goes first. Never having had a Treo before I'm not offended by the orange launcher yet.
    pbutterworth - you're probably right that 4MB is a good starting point; thanks.

Has anyone actually ordered the phone from Orange itself? I am finding the problem of selecting a "good plan" overwhelming... I had just found what I thought was a suitable Exclusive plan, but the phone is still 199.99 so I thought I would look at mobiles.co.uk, but they don't have this plan

I'm confused - can anyone advise?
    Orange have some plans which are exclusive only to their website were these the plans you were looking at? You will probably get the handset cheaper elsewhere but not the exclusive plans but you could look at OVP. I went for the premier 600 to get the free handset but I will downgrade after 6 months total estimated annual cost is 330 - alot cheaper than buying the handset sim free and I get a load of calls/sms included as well. I currently have two numbers with orange and a 3g dats card, which combined is costing me around 40 per month. I've already given notice on one of those phones. Thinking about the others.

Basically the less you spend on the plan the more you will have to pay on the handset. I got mine from Simply Orange Biz if you give them a call and speak to Colin they might be able to help you.
    Ok guys, two days in and have played a little, yes screen is better than the 600, yes the realplayer is good, keys, I'm getting used to but they are not as good quality as the previous ones but I think these make the treo 650 lighter overall.

The side keys are good and overall the keyboard doesn't upset me too much. Software, well bluetooth works with my Parrat CK3100 unit in the car so good news there. The mail is ok, all is setup now. Have not flashed, can someone give me a heads up on what the flash will do, ie what will it improve as voice and hearing is fine on this one and if the flash gives me Wifi then I'll do it but why mess with it if the new firmware is not goint to give me anything of value...

Also I'm on 4mb bundle with orange and its fine...good start. We just now need to loby them to reduce costs as GPRS is nothing but signal and air, and they charge way too much for it....

er accessories....have none...so no report there, anyone suggest what is snazzy to get?

Also backgrounds and is there any third party themes etc we can add???
    I've downloaded a new wallpaper but can't figure out how to save it as my background. I've saved the webpage
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I've downloaded a new wallpaper but can't figure out how to save it as my background. I've saved the webpage
    Save the image in the media app. Go into Media, then have the box highlighted over the desired pic, go into the drop down boxes and 'save as wallpaper'. Works for me any way!

When you are using blazer if you touch any picture with the stylus an option comes up to save the picture too.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I tried touching the image in Blazer but no option to save the picture came up.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Hmm, it does for me just tried it on orange wap home page (keep stylus down for few seconds + in 'prefs/ general' in blazer 'tap and drag' should be in select text?). Perhaps it doesnt work on the particular site that you're on. Try a different site for confirmation...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Ah thank you that worked
    Quote Originally Posted by adzo
    Ok guys, two days in and have played a little, yes screen is better than the 600, yes the realplayer is good, keys, I'm getting used to but they are not as good quality as the previous ones but I think these make the treo 650 lighter overall.

The side keys are good and overall the keyboard doesn't upset me too much. Software, well bluetooth works with my Parrat CK3100 unit in the car so good news there. The mail is ok, all is setup now. Have not flashed, can someone give me a heads up on what the flash will do, ie what will it improve as voice and hearing is fine on this one and if the flash gives me Wifi then I'll do it but why mess with it if the new firmware is not goint to give me anything of value...

Also I'm on 4mb bundle with orange and its fine...good start. We just now need to loby them to reduce costs as GPRS is nothing but signal and air, and they charge way too much for it....

er accessories....have none...so no report there, anyone suggest what is snazzy to get?

Also backgrounds and is there any third party themes etc we can add???

Right if you flash the handset you get the following, no orange software in teh handset at all. The volume improves, my friend still has not had one reset for last 2-3 days. You get everything that would come with a plam unlocked handset except it is locked obviously. Phone use improves so much more, download the manual from palmone.com to see whta I am referring to.

I am glad you got yours lozzamac, met Colin uptoday, got my replacemeant and my brothers handset. I know he has loads off them, he had a boot full when I met him. Mine is from a batch that came in today, taht he picked up. Cheers again Colin from Simply orange
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    OMG, bit the bullet and flashed my oh so very new Treo 650!

Worked like a dream. Lost all Orange cr@p, don't appear to have any more memory, phone app works like the Treo 600 but is better as whole favourites page accessible. Butler works fine- press a key in any app to launch. Still seems quiet when on a call.

What is the main difference between the phone app on Treo 600 and 'orange crap'?

Thanks apple_power that's very sweet of you. I've hardly stopped playing with it all day hubby is feeling left out
    What is the main difference between the phone app on Treo 600 and 'orange crap'?

Thanks apple_power that's very sweet of you. I've hardly stopped playing with it all day hubby is feeling left out

Differences are that you can have calender reminders on the phone app dial screem. You can also dial and serach for names or numbers. You can also have speed dials from the bottom of the pad. Press call buton brings up last numbers dialed. There are too many to list really. But honestly speaker is louder and hardly any resets. If anyone would like links to some useful stuff msn me or email me at my email, I can try and help.

Ta, no probs LozzaMac. Sorry I am playing with my new powerbook, so much faster, off topic I know. BT2, does not seem that much faster.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Thanks LozzaMac, sounds good. It was the web site only plans I was looking at. I could say that I might wait and see if there is any price reduction, but I can't wait to get my hands on a new toy
    I got mine from the Orange Shop on Fleet Street (London) yesterday.

So far so good. I signed up for the Premere 600 (600 mins, 10 worth of sms/mms/video), with bolt on of 30 extra sms and 4 meg data. Handset was 99, but I got 50 off by using one of those 'friend refferal' cards (so my friend rec'd 25 credit on their next bill) and 50 for trading in a crappy old handset. Make the handset virtually 'free'.

Orange has some packages exclusively for people with a home post code in London. Unfortunately, while I work in The City, I live up in Northants, so I didn't qualify
    Ok I've not had any resets so far and the volume seems to be fine although the phone disconnects but not whilst on a call. How do you check the firmware I tried applications info but couldn't see it there.

Apple_power - so jealous of your new powerbook.
    I'm in Cambridge, and I've got one of those Orange upgrade deferral vouchers worth 100 against the cost of a new handset at an Orange shop. I've been calling into the Cambridge Orange shop on a regular basis, but as of this morning they were still insisting that the Treo 650 hadn't been released yet...clueless muppets.

Does anyone know of any Orange shops in the East Anglia area that actually have the 650 in stock? I'm getting desperate to get my hands on one, but the 100 saving (only valid in an Orange shop, not from their website) is kind of tying me to their own shops at the moment.
    I called Orange to find out what happens if I connect to premier 600 (40 for 1st 6 months), pay all the 12months connection fee in advance to have the handset unlocked and then downgrade my tariff after 6 months. According to Orange, I wouldn't be able to get my money back, this would be some sort of penalty for downgrading !

Can anyone tell me how Orange would refund the amount I overpaid if I drop from 40 to say 25 after 6 months ? I'm not expecting them to hand over money, but somehow my account should be credited over time I believe. Otherwise I don't know how the Treo650 and premier 600 combination can come to a total of around 330 on a 12 months basis as some people have said earlier.

Thanks,
    Last edited by sbirsen; 05/27/2005 at 08:45 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ok I've not had any resets so far and the volume seems to be fine although the phone disconnects but not whilst on a call. How do you check the firmware I tried applications info but couldn't see it there.

Apple_power - so jealous of your new powerbook.
    When on the Phone Screen, select the drop down boxes and select 'Phone Info'........

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast