Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Hi there, the insurance is valid and yes honured by orange.
    Hi there,
    Refernce mobile.co.uk I ordered mine from them, but they kept chnaging their dates. Phones direct have sold out as my brother tried ordering from them. But he has ordered from simply orange now.

I can hand on my heart say that they are a good company. My loudspeaker is playing up on the phone. Rang up Collin at simply orange. He advised me that I needed a fault code. Rang up orange, the guy tried to tell me that I had generic treo. I explained how this was maddness, as I had all the orange branded stuff, e.g. breanded handset, box etc. He basically accused me of being a liar. But eventually gave me a fault code.

Rang up colin, advised he would have to order one get it on Wensday. I said no probs. I am cool with that, I asked if I could drive down and meet up agin and do the swap. Also asked him to have the replacemeant sim activated in advance. I am taking my mac with me, so do a sync and be up and running in 5 minutes.

I apprecaite all the help as orange are a nightmare, even if you are a premier customer.

Also my brother just ordered one 10 mins ago. Advised he would get it Thursday now. This is not an issue instead I will now pick up both on Thursday.

Why do I mention all this, simple becuase it is hard to find honest online dealers. I have spent a fortune over the last couple of weeks ringing up companises to get hold of the treo 650. Trust me all those 0870 numbers add up. My penny's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by LozzaMac
    I've had an email from Simply Orange Biz claiming they had some in stock. I rang them and they confirmed that they have some and are expecting more tomorrow so I can have mine by Wednesday. I've cancelled my order with mobiles.co.uk so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip anyway applepower - the bloke I spoke wanted to know how I heard about them and he remembered you (I mentioned that you drove down to collect yours).

If you want to give them a call pbutterworth their number is 0870 444 1335 you won't see the handset on their website they will have to do a special order.
    I've always found orange staff quite helpful specially the technical support staff. Its a bit frustrating that they only support windows pcs and not apple macs. If it had been me I'd probably got all stropy and insisted on speaking to a supervisor. That's what customers used to do when I worked in a call centre- working there was a real eye opener.

I'm don't know the name of the bloke that I spoke to at Simply Orange but he was very helpful I'm just hoping everything goes to plan - I'm working at home on Wednesday so I'll be there when the post arrives.
    Hi there,

Yes I'd agree. But sometimes you know what being in the army, I just cant be bothered to get stressed. Though sometimes I will be a pain, trying not to raise my blood pressuare. I spoke to him today when my brother ordered his. He was surprised at the fact that there was a treo forum. I showed him teh forum, and he has as a result now added the treo 650 on to the home page. You call for details.

It is amazing to think that I have had an affect on a sellers web page. Shows you teh good that these forums can provide. Try agendous professional 9 anyone it is awesome.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Palm: T3, T5, E1, T1, T2, sonly clie ux50, Th55 and far to many others to list
    Thanks ashleymarks - I may be able to get that deal as although I'm not a student any more, my old NUS card runs until next year!

I may go for more than thr 4 GPRS to be safe; it's mainly e-mail usage that I plan though. Have most people gone for more mb?

T.
    ordered mine of Friday from Orange 150 and got it today - first impressions are good, it's much lighter than the 600 but conversely does not feel as sturdy. Don't like that rather feeble looking 'launcher" screen, the icons don't highlight to show you whcih one you are on which is not terribly helpful...it's not very loud on calls, has anyone else noticed this ??? Blazer is good, quick and the new scree is very good. I've loaded Snapper2, Isilo, Splash ID and photo, backupman, uninstall manager and no sign of any resets/crashes...
    Yep volume is fairly low, also have you had any resets when you place an sd card in? Mine resets every now and then.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Phones:Treo 650/600, m2000/m1000, nokia 9500,6630,3510i, 6310i and Samsung D500, V3, V600, SEp910i, p900, P800 far to many more nadeset all the way back to 1993
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    MurrayAlex,

Yes I've noticed that too. I almost thought I had a faulty unit so It's good to know that other people are experiencing it too!

I thought the 650 was slightly lighter although looking at both spec sheets I believe its 10 grams heavier!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    MurrayAlex,

Yes I've noticed that too. I almost thought I had a faulty unit so It's good to know that other people are experiencing it too!

I thought the 650 was slightly lighter although looking at both spec sheets I believe its 10 grams heavier!
    it sounds better using the headphones for calls...I thought I could recall US users saying the same about the volume and then getting some update which sorted the problem ??
    Ok wait for it....

I have the Orange Treo 650.....it is charging waiting for its new Sim signal.

At last I have come back from the dark side.....

May the farce be with me now.
    I'm sooo jealous hopefully mine will be here tomorrow. Its hard typing with my fingers crossed.
    Mine's stuck in the post office, sods law i had to pop out for an hour & thats when they attempted delivery. I cant collect until 8am tomorrow!
    Toby,

I dint see a big reason to go for more that the 4mb, as extra mb's are 1 once you have gone for that, unless you go way over then the 10mb bundle may look better.

I never used 4mb on my sonyericsson, buty think i may need more on teh treo!

Time will tell!
    Who did you gets yours from in the end pbutterworth? I had a phone call today saying that unfortunately mine wouldn't be delivered until tomorrow. Starting to feel likeits a conspiracy.
  15.    #95  
    Is the hotsync cable supposed to charge as well (like it did on the 600) ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    It does not charge on my treo, but I use a mac, as far as I am aware you still nee dto plug the charger in.
    Sayem

apple_power
    Powerbooks 15, 12"
    ibook 12"
    imac G5
    emac
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Is the hotsync cable supposed to charge as well (like it did on the 600) ?
    It did NOT on the Treo 600 -you had to go and buy a 3rd party cable if you wanted to charge via USB without the plug in charger.

Postman 'lost' my Treo 650 today.

Have been promised another one from Simply orange Biz tomorrow
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyril
    It did NOT on the Treo 600 -you had to go and buy a 3rd party cable if you wanted to charge via USB without the plug in charger.
    I've found out that the power cable plugs into the sync cable at the Treo end, how could I miss that ?

On the T600 from Orange, the power transformer plugs into a flyer lead which is part of the hotsync cable, so it does on my T600 out of the box , but you need a different lead, as you say to, charge direct from the usb.
    Last edited by ChasT; 05/26/2005 at 05:39 AM.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Well I have eventually received it Whoppee!!!

First impressions are excellent, couldnt work out how to turn it off, then remembered that there isnt a real power down concept in Palm - it's been 2 years!

Now the fun begins!
    Finally mine is here too - pretty but its charging at the moment. Now I've just got to learn how to use it!!!
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast