Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    For all the UK readers over here...

I have purchased my Treo over in Australia (unlocked palm vanilla ver) a few months ago. Basically after conversion (www.xe.com) its possible to get one over in Australia for under 400 pounds ex shipping. If you don't want to get into a contract and also have to pay 200 pounds, thats an option.

So far over the last few months my Treo has worked like a charm over here (and in US also).

PS: Also recently upgraded to v1.23 and still going strong :-)

Cheers,
    Max
    www.intellectit.com.au
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Well, I'm surfing this site on the Treo 650!

Got mine yesterday (from Orange). First impressions:

Superb screen (kinda weird feeling to look at the 600's now), excellent qwerty keyboard, slightly lighter overall?, 5 way navigator not as good as 600's (pressing down bit fiddly), really good sharp camera- in all light conditions and lastly VERY quiet speaker when on a call!

Guess I got lucky getting mine early. Hope you guys don't have too long to wait...
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Not that I'm at all jealous but I'm impressed you could open the threads let alone leave a reply. I can't when using my T3

Has anyone tried using Shadowmites wifi hack?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I must admit Blazer is so much better- mainly down to the Hi rez screen no doubt. it renders text first, and then images so you don't necessarily have to wait for it all to load either.

Have heard a bit about the wi- fi hack, not something that has interested me personally.

Must admit I don't think I'd risk it at the moment. Its took me so long to get my Treo 600 info across! Still can't send a pic message without reverting to changing network prefs to mms tho! Must have been something I've carried across from an old device...

The Orange apps + try card are unsurprisingly a waste of time!

Shame it doesn't come with a case- at least the 600 case fits it well. But- it does come with an additional stylus- don't get too excited on that score!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

I received my 650 from mobiles.co.uk. Excellent. However, I realised I did not get the best deal, so have ordered it again on the Premier 600 tarrif and am returning the one I have got.
    I did wonder why you didn't but thought u mustn't have realised the premier 600 was being discounted for 6 months.Ihad an email from them today telling my application was successful and they would send one out as soon as the stock arrived. I hope this is an error as I rang before placing the order and was told they had them in stock and I would get mine by Tuesday.
    The Premier promotions end after 6 months, can you move to another tarrif then or do you have to wait for a whole year?
    You can move to another tariff from month 7.
    Ok I've already got 3 contracts with orange, mine, wife and father.....have only just upgraded like well december due to the fact was sick of waiting, now its here, how do I get my hands on a cheap Orange treo 650.....

Whats the best deal and can someone advise if I can get out of one of my contracts and upgrade to treo...like what can I say to Orange...?

Please help...need treo nuff said.

Thanks

Adzo
    ok just rang orange and they say it's still under review? The guy would not chnage his story...its not released?

Has anyone else bought it from Orange direct???
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    I think Hicks ordered his direct from Orange through the website. Did you tell them it was available to buy on their website. I went into my local orange store and its not available in the shops yet and they didn't have a release date for it either.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LozzaMac
    I think Hicks ordered his direct from Orange through the website. Did you tell them it was available to buy on their website. I went into my local orange store and its not available in the shops yet and they didn't have a release date for it either.

Actually ordered it from Orange upgrades (dialled 150)

ok thanks, just got thru to orange and upgrading mid contract...so stung for 200 for the handset and 100 for upgrade fee.....ouch...he's now trying to look to see if they have stock...
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    I stand corrected - why are we getting such variable responses from orange staff?
    ok update..damn ^%WE$E's don't have any in stock...just when I thought it was safe to ring Orange.......they'll ring me when in stock...this was orange direct 150.

Also, anyone want a Nokia 6230 very good condition as I now need to sell that to pay for my Treo!!!!) its unlocked!!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Usual scenario for Orange. It just depends on who you speak to there. I got lucky and spoke to somebody in upgrades who knew what they were doing!

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    How can they not have any in stock?! It was only released on Thursday for Gods sake!

Thats one expensive handset your gonna buy Adzo at 300!

Well I suppose people have been waiting for the handset for such a long time. Look at the amount of excitement it generated in this forum when it was relased on Thursday. I don't expect orange anticipated that!!!!
    Yeh but see, they actually also told me that not many people have been asking that's why they kinda have no idea how many in stock, but it is wierd, I don't think there's any good communications within that call centre.

Anyway, expensive yes, but I will get some doh back from the sale of my Nokia 6230...which was a free upgrade...so swings and roundabouts....

I'm sure it's worth it.

hey just outa info, they use it on 24, the series..Jack's girlie has one.....
    Yes I think they under estimated the market either that or we all very sad, which of course I refuse to accept.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast