Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    If you're willing to go through a little hassle & wait 28 days there is a way to get from Voda to a new contract on Voda and to keep your number

Get your PAC, transfer to Virgin mobile, and 28 days later you can transfer out at no cost, then move back to Voda.

Voda then consider you a new connection and will allow the number to transfer back.

I wish I had done it a month ago!
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I moved from Orange to Vodafone a couple of weeks ago. I can't say that your experience will be the same as mine but if it is you'll be shocked by how poor Orange GPRS is in comparison with Voda's. Voda GPRS for me (mostly in Norwich but also in London) has been more reliable and faster than Orange ever managed in the 18 months I was with them.
    That's disappointing. I was considering moving from Voda to Orange, as their data looks quite a bit cheaper (esp when intnl roaming). And I can see myself using a lot more data with the Treo than with my previous phones.

My experience with Voda's GPRS access hasn't been all rosy. Whenever the network's down, first of all they deny it's the network and tell you it's your phone. If you ring them again later on, they then agree they've found a fault and the network comes back up after a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    My experience with Voda's GPRS access hasn't been all rosy. Whenever the network's down, first of all they deny it's the network and tell you it's your phone.
    Orange do exactly the same!
  4.    #24  
    I picked up a magazine from The Link at lunch on Friday, but only flipped through it today. On page 5 of the "business" portion of the magazine, they advertise the Treo 650. No prices, but it is opposite a Vodafone tariff; the proximity/page layout isn't very clear on the packages.

Since it's in the magazine, it looks like another network, or at least a store other than Orange Shop, will carry the phone.

I'm going to try and stop by The Link and ask about the handset tomorrow.
    Anyone, if I was to purchase a treo from the states where would I buy one from?

ie a GSM unlocked one, as they are only around 350 USD.

My boss is based in US and i'm here in UK so he is on his way over next week, so quick replies please...
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    ok my signature is wrong..I don't have the 600 anymore...
    I dont know where you have seen $350 for an unlocked GSM, I think youre looking at more like $600!

http://shopper.cnet.com/4014-3504_9-...html?tag=range
    Orange online delaers free on premier 600 which is 40 for 6 months ten reduce to 15 pound tarrif total cost approx 330. Also the orange stuff you can ignore, it boots up with palm one. Also I have put all the orange stuff under one tap and use my own software. So never reallys ee orange stuff except for logo.
    got mine from mobiles.co.uk for 99 under orange's OVP 200 plan. that's 30 per month.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12