Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Just read this press release:

Orange France is launching its new national EDGE network, providing a mobile broadband offer covering 85 percent of the population and 90 percent of businesses beginning in April 2005. This is an offer based on the complementary features of its WiFi, EDGE and 3G networks. Its EDGE network enables speeds of up to 200 Kbps. Tested in three French départements (Alpes-Maritimes, Somme and Côtes d'Armor), business customers will be offered services over the EDGE network from 18 April. The consumer offer will be launched in Summer 2005. Orange will have invested over EUR 200 million between 2005 and 2006 to upgrade its entire GSM network to EDGE.
    Orange is also announcing adapted commercial offers. For consumers the mobile data tariff one fifth of the previous costs, starting at EUR 0.20 MB. The company also expand its mobile portal Orange World with video services and more music content. The Business Everywhere now consists of "Hourly" packages ranging from 5 to 40 hours, along with "Volume" packages from 50 Mb to 1Gb for all technologies (GPRS, EDGE, 3G, WiFi). A new unlimited flat rate (time and volume) is being added to this line to meet business use via Citrix ports, Microsoft TSE and secure VPN solutions. These offers are based on a dedicated connection kit and on 3G and EDGE PC Cards.Orange is also launching a new range of data options that enables all business customers to access mobile broadband using their existing voice subscriptions. This product offer has been revised to accompany the growth in mobile broadband usage and consists of options ranging from 5 Mb to 300 Mb.

http://www.telecompaper.com/index.as...343%26NR%3D680
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 04/15/2005 at 11:19 AM.
    Treo 650 can't play the Orange videos .
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    That's a shame! That's why they didn't put the Treo in the compatible phone list...
    Any chance it happens one day ?
    The Treo 650 haven't Packet Video to play Orange's Videos . PacketVideo for Palm is available, i don't know where to find it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Any chance we can use TCPMP (that read .mp4 file) to stream the video? Any of you has got the stream address to test ?
    My Treo came with Packet Video installed, it's in the palm/Add-on directory on my installation. Doesnt seem to do anything for me though!

I hope they do the same in the UK, i would love those data charges!
    Last edited by pbutterworth; 06/10/2005 at 11:47 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Really? Is it an Orange one? By the palm/Add-on you mean on the 32 MB card given with the Treo?
    PacketVideo with your Treo ??? Are you sure ?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I've sent an email 2 days ago to PacketVideo but so far no reply...
    Yes I am sure, it' on an orange branded Treo, i's called PVPlayer, but does very little. IOt has teh Packey Video logo when it opens up. If I start ip up it just says no clips found on card, no other options.

Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    That's very good news! Would it be possible for you to post it on the forum? or to send it to us by email?

Maybe we could access the video stream through the web site if the player registered for a file type when installed.

We might have a bandwidth problem as EDGE doesn't seem to be activated but at least we could check that the player exists and is able to read the streams.

Thanks for this valuable info!
    On further investigation, I think the packet video player is part of the TalkNow pack, not sure whether it will work on it's own.

I've done a hex dump of the PVplayer and it seems to use the same libraries as the TNPack4.0.prc, so i think that maybe Orange use the PVPlayer as the audio driver for talk now.
    I have installed TNPack4.0.prc and i don't see pvplayer on my Palm .
    Perhaps PV Player is on the "Try Card" ? What is the soft use to play star wars video ? I can't search, i have formated my try card .
    I'll have a look where it came from this evening. I'm sure it arrived on the standard Orange CD. I havent formatted the try card, so can look on there too.
    Nothing on my orange cd for me. Can you send me the PRC ? Please .
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutterworth
    I'll have a look where it came from this evening. I'm sure it arrived on the standard Orange CD. I havent formatted the try card, so can look on there too.
    Hello,

Sorry i can't find PV on my Treo CD, can you send us the file to test it ? thanks !!!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hello, I'm back after on week away from anything looking like a computer I still have the Orange SD card, I'll have a look. I'm sure we can get the Treo playing these videos through EDGE. Anyone knows where to look in the Treo to check if it using EDGE or not ?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I have the PV Player PRC but I can't upload it for some reason. I don't have the Orange TalkNow software installed on my Treo.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hicks, could you send it to me? gbillois AT yahoo . fr
    Thanks in advance,
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast