Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am traveling to France next week with my Treo, I am burned out on seaching for ways to access data while in Europe, does anyone here offer suggestions?

I am Cingular customer.

GSM, of course.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I would say that if you really want to use data, the best thing to do is to get a prepay account in France either through Orange [Mobicarte] / SFR (Vodafone) [La Carte] / Bouygues TÚlÚcom [Nomade].
    There are a lot of official shops where you can buy the SIM card and have your account set-up.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just be careful that if your phone is SIM locked to Cingular you might not be able to use the French SIM card. Ask Cingular first to have it unocked (might cost something...)
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Hicks, could you send it to me? gbillois AT yahoo . fr
    Thanks in advance,

Just sent it, check your inbox
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Just be careful that if your phone is SIM locked to Cingular you might not be able to use the French SIM card. Ask Cingular first to have it unocked (might cost something...)
    Thanks, yes all my phones with Cingular have always been ulocked. They did it for me four days after I bought it, and, yes, I tested it.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Great so you are quite familiar with that and should have no problem finding GRPS (even EDGE) data access in France JUst go to the big shop in Paris, they even speak english.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thanks a lot Hicks ! I'll test it and let you know,
    When is EDGE likely to make it over here? Any ideas? Also what sort of things will I be able to do with it, apart from faster web & email?
    It's being trialled in the UK, but the last Orange CS I spoke to said they had never heard of it.
    Does anybody know if the packetvideo player 2-way (videophone) client is avaliable for the Palm platform? I'd love to try it on my treo, if I could get it.

Yes, I know the camera points the wrong way.. but maybe I could use a secondary SDIO or bluetooth camera
    Just one more precision :

Orange and BouyguesTelecom offer a notional Edge coverage.
    SFR only offer a GPRS coverage.

W.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Just to revive this old thread for any interested user : video streaming is now possible on the Treo 650 with Kinoma ! Even the Orange live TV video streams work!

Two steps are required : 1/ change you user agent (BlazerUA) 2/ have some free space on your SDcard !

Thanks FLorian for finding out how to make it works !
    Wich User Agent do you use ?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi,

If my memory serves me well, it is the Nokia 6320 (the only Nokia is the BlazerUA list).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12