1.    #1  
    According to my Orange representative, the Treo 650 should ship in France on March 31st - Thursday next week.

I imagine that Orange may ship on the same date in the UK and Switzerland.

Although Treo Central members have in the past posted estimations of Orange's release date this is the first time I received a firm date from my Orange representative. Moreover I noted that in the newest Orange catalogue the Treo 650 is pictured as being part of the phone lineup.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!
    Last edited by u_m_rasmussen; 03/26/2005 at 02:45 AM.
    Thanks mate, sounds promsing
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  3.    #3  
    When it didn't ship on March 31st I called in and was told the Orange Treo would ship April 8th. Today I was told May 12th. Well, at any rate it is way late.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    hey wassup...
    I did it simple, I was in Brussels yesterday and I just bought my treo 650 over there in Exell shop for 700. Couldn't wait no more for Orange...
    And I'm very very very happy right now...

http://kaysha.com/kaysha/2005/04/12/my-new-treo-650/
    Spread love:
    http://www.kaysha.com
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I have felt like to doing like you for months now. I'm just afraid about PalmOne's warranty policy here in Europe. When I needed to have my Treo 270 repaired it took HandSpring (I know, not the same company) over 3 weeks from they received my faulty unit until they shipped me a (obviously refurbished) replacement unit.

When my Orange Treo 600 needed warranty repairs (lets face it - Treos are not exactly known for their manufacturing quality) Orange sent me an advance unit. A delivery man came within 24 hours with a new device and picked up the faulty device at the same time. Great! I was never Treo-less.

As I consult the information on my Palm device many times a day I can't really do without it.

My only fear is that when Orange releases the Treo 650 (hopefully on May 12th - 4 weeks from now) it will be too expensive. I have already found out that their data plans are way to expensive and I am tempted to buy an un-locked Treo and switch to a different carrier.
    OK, so Orange has it. Can I visit Paris for a month (this summer) and take my unlocked Treo 650 and sign up for a pay as you go service that provides not only phone access but also internet/e-mail access?
    Thanks.
    mgabel_pi
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by u_m_rasmussen
    Yeah I have felt like to doing like you for months now. I'm just afraid about PalmOne's warranty policy here in Europe. When I needed to have my Treo 270 repaired it took HandSpring (I know, not the same company) over 3 weeks from they received my faulty unit until they shipped me a (obviously refurbished) replacement unit.

When my Orange Treo 600 needed warranty repairs (lets face it - Treos are not exactly known for their manufacturing quality) Orange sent me an advance unit. A delivery man came within 24 hours with a new device and picked up the faulty device at the same time. Great! I was never Treo-less.

As I consult the information on my Palm device many times a day I can't really do without it.

My only fear is that when Orange releases the Treo 650 (hopefully on May 12th - 4 weeks from now) it will be too expensive. I have already found out that their data plans are way to expensive and I am tempted to buy an un-locked Treo and switch to a different carrier.
    Yeah, I see what you mean...
    Well, that's why I keep my Clie UX50 in a drawer...
    This weekend when I go to Brussels, I'll ask to Exell how they do it when there's reparation issues...
    Orange has a great service when it comes to repairing and stuff but u have to pay the price
    Spread love:
  8.    #8  
    A second Orange store confirmed the May 12th delivery date. It seems this date is the official release date in the Orange product database.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Well... That's far away mate...
    I'm enjoing mine and it's not as buggy as I was told by that idiot at Sfr champs elysees
    Spread love: