Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That is weird. Mine was supposed to have shipped on Tuesday but when it didn't show up on tracking or appear yesterday I emailed expansys who said the Tuesday pickup had been late so due today (Thursday). It showed up on tracking middle of yesterday afternoon the same as yours and then turned up at 7.30am this morning. If yours hasn't arrived yet isn't there normally a delivery on a Saturday? Good luck either way.
    Cheers, soneill,

Talk of split packages and chemical leaks notwithstanding, it just arrived and is now charging.

First impression: antenna is noticeably smaller than on 600.
  3.    #23  
    Mark, massive longshot here, I am quite keen to have one of these, so if it turns out not to be your cup of tea, I will pay you a decent premium for the phone.

Email me at treo650@kevwright.net in the UNLIKELY event you arte interested :-))))
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwright
    Mark, massive longshot here, I am quite keen to have one of these, so if it turns out not to be your cup of tea, I will pay you a decent premium for the phone.

Email me at treo650@kevwright.net in the UNLIKELY event you arte interested :-))))
    Sorry, Kev, I wish I could help, but I'm afraid it definitely is my cup of tea!

I can understand your frustration and I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.
  5.    #25  
    No probs mate, I thought it was unlikely :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwright
    No probs mate, I thought it was unlikely :-)
    Actually, having thought about it some more, and although the screen is a massive improvement and the keyboard is quite a lot better, overall it's really quite like the 600 I already have! I'm thinking of returning the device, but if you're still interested in buying, check your email!
    Strange, takes all sorts.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    What's the mike like. One moan on the 600 is the mike at the back, makes it tricky in noisy environments. The new one looks to have the mike nearer the front - I wonder if this helps?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    lol! My thoughts exactly.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    What I meant, in case it wasn't obvious , is that overall 650 isn't really, for me, a great improvement on the 600. Yes the screen and keyboard are nicer, but as well as these pros, there are cons: the hardware buttons (especially the green and red phone buttons) are decidedly cheap and clunky feeling (nothing like the high quality buttons on the 600) and the smaller five-way navigator is really much less pleasant in extended use, particularly scrolling down (where my thumb at least continually made contact with the T and Y keys and the smaller size made it feel very cramped). I also think the 650 is a physically less attractive phone than the 600; although it isn't really apparent in photos, the backward-sloping antenna and the prominent front speaker are, to my way of seeing things, rather ugly. The 600 looks more elegant and less busy.

Anyway, if you buy a 650 I hope you don't have a similarly 'strange' response and you enjoy the device. I've returned mine.
    MarkC
    Fair comment, I was interested what put you off after such a long wait.

You're right that pictures can not compete with the feel of the real thing.

Just goes to show that the 600 ain't that bad either
    Thought of the day :
    Good luck to you all... I'll hold out for the Orange release. I know the 650 is meant to be clever enough to self-configure etc. but with the expected outlay I prefer the support provided by the network, their bespoke software and the extensive testing they've put in over the last few months.

Unless of course Orange want significantly more that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by CoxJul
    Good luck to you all... I'll hold out for the Orange release. I know the 650 is meant to be clever enough to self-configure etc.
    The 650, like the 600, picks up settings from the network (SIM card?). Put in the SIM, turn on the phone and you're good to go (calls, GPRS, SMS).

Quote Originally Posted by CoxJul
    but with the expected outlay I prefer the support provided by the network, their bespoke software and the extensive testing they've put in over the last few months.
    Good luck with Orange support! In my experience you are *much* better off coming here
    I'm waiting for Orange for the 4mb data bundle, it's far more expensive on O2 and Voda!

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutterworth
    I'm waiting for Orange for the 4mb data bundle, it's far more expensive on O2 and Voda!
    Orange 4 MB: 4

Nearest Voda equivalent: 5.1 MB for 6

These in-bundle prices are not really so very different, but out of bundle costs (what you are charged if the monthly limit is exceeded) are: Orange, 1 per MB, Voda 2.35 per MB.

In-bundle differences are greater further up the usage scale, e.g.:

Orange 10 MB 8
    Voda 13 MB 14
    Orange 25 MB 16
    Voda 25.5 MB 25

BUT, in my rather unscientific comparison (24 hour period; one phone, a Treo 600; one location, Norwich) Voda GPRS is much faster both to connect and for downloads. It could be that you get what you pay for!
    Is the 5.1mb for 6 a standard option on Voda, i've never seen that in the literature.

Thats worth considering, however, i'm now travelling for 2 weeks, so hopefully it will be available by the 18th! We can but hope!
    What I meant, in case it wasn't obvious , is that overall 650 isn't really, for me, a great improvement on the 600.
    I agree, I can't think of one 'feature' that the 650 has that makes me want to switch. I have also heard that the call qulaity is actually worse on the 650, which beggars belief.
    oh dear...not a good start on the 650 front. Let's hope that Orange include the patch/ update which is supposed to sort out the alleged poor sound quality. Still no sign of it in the Orange shops indicates to me they won't be stocking it until the models that are brought in have the update in rom already. I'm still using the V3 razor and T5 combination which is working well however the T5 has the same file system as the 650 and frankly it has been reset city for me the past 2 months with apps that cause trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    oh dear...not a good start on the 650 front. Let's hope that Orange include the patch/ update which is supposed to sort out the alleged poor sound quality. Still no sign of it in the Orange shops indicates to me they won't be stocking it until the models that are brought in have the update in rom already. I'm still using the V3 razor and T5 combination which is working well however the T5 has the same file system as the 650 and frankly it has been reset city for me the past 2 months with apps that cause trouble.
    Was told in an Orange shop at the weekend that it had been delayed till April. No indication why but we can indeed hope the delay is to incorporate the patch/update...
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2447
    I agree, I can't think of one 'feature' that the 650 has that makes me want to switch. I have also heard that the call qulaity is actually worse on the 650, which beggars belief.
    - Well for starters I want the Hi-res screen.
    - The camera is better, which I want. I know it's not as good as a 3meg camera, but for a handy camera that's always in my pocket the better pictures will be handy. I've taken some great ones with the 600, so the 650 will be better from all accounts.
    - Bluetooth handsfree will be handy, saves getting points on my driving licence.

As for all the pros' against the 650, well if I believe all the resets and bad sounds that the 600 is supposed to suffer from, I would not be able to use mine. For every 1 un-happy user on here there are 99 happy ones who you do not hear from.

Let give the 650 a chance
    Thought of the day :
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast