Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    My Treo has been replaced due to the buzzing issue. I've put my Orange UK SIM in and when I try to enable wireless mode a message is displayed saying the SIM can't be used in the phone and I can only make emergency calls. The phone thats been sent to me doesn't look like it has the Orange UK firmware on it, the software version displayed is: Treo600-1.12-OCH I believe my old phone was Treo600-1.12-OUK.

Would this cause the phone to be locked and not take my Orange UK SIM?

Thanks for any help.
    did you get the replacment through orange? if you did just rin them up and they should fix it or send you another one
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    No, the replacement came from PalmOne as I didn't take out the OrangeCare policy. I've contacted Orange who have raised a call with their Tech Support but they reckon I may not get a response for 10 days. They suggested I speak to PalmOne again. Already been without the phone for over 10 days now.

BTW, good choice of football team.
    thats kinda bad on plmones side really sending a replacment phone that is locked on the only network that it is ou ton in the UK.

Yea lets hope we can go all the way this season
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Looks like you have got the Orange Swiss (CH) firmware on it!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I thought the firmware was for a different country, PalmOne have responded saying I need to change the firmware to a UK version, or ROW version. I'll give it a go, though I thought I read that once you'd applied the latest firmware it wouldn't let you re-apply it.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    After replacing the firmware with the UK version it made no difference. I had to get the phone unlocked in the end to resolve the issue. PalmOne said they should have replaced the phone with one of the same type.