1.    #1  
    I am presently a Rogers customer. Now that Fido and Rogers have merged, I'd really like to access Fido's unlimited data plan! Do you know if I have to switch over to Fido or can I just add the data plan to my phone?

Paul
    Nope they won't let you. They still run it as two seperate companies.
    If you are Fido subscriber, you can pay additional 5.00 per month and have access to Rogers' cell towers. Rogers subscribers have free access to Fido cell towers.
    Does the Fido unlimited data plan still exist? I saw a plan but it required a Hiptop device...
    Yes, Fido's unlimited data plan still exist. The cost is 50.00 per month (plus the system access fee and taxes), North American wide (US and Canada only) with no roaming fees. I have been to use it in California, Texas, Florida, Chicago, New York, and Atlanta with no issues. I just connect to data like I do back in Toronto. You might have to speak to a Fido rep as I haven't seen the 50.00 plan on their website ever since they removed the PCMCIA data card.
    Last edited by redcap; 01/12/2006 at 07:17 PM.
    Thanks Redcap - would you know if I can buy the unlimited data plan with a prepaid SIM?
    I don't think so. I asked a rep if I can add prepaid voice onto my unlimited data account and they said no. I will make a call tomorrow.