Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    just done a very quick google search on the 650 and 2 or 3 different on line retailers have it listed under Orange already, pics and spec.
    orange have just told me that they will not be selling the phone!!!!!!!
    -----------------------------
    Adzo
    Treo since November 2003!

Still got the original.....
    I wonder why?

I can also see it listed (as the Handspring Treo 650) on several sites (some of which have the 650 photo up but all of the specs from the 600, i.e. 160x160 res, VGA camera, 144 MHz, 32 MB ram). No prices up yet.

If Orange won't carry it exclusively (like it did with the Treo), another carrier will pick it up. Although I prefer Orange, the more carries carry it, the more successful it will be. Especially now with integrated bluetooth...
  4.    #4  
    If Orange won't stock it then I'll have to move my contract again which is a pain...just hope it's not O2 who carry it. I had a treo 270 through them and I found their service levels to be poor, putting it mildly
    Looks like it's going to be Vodaphone.

http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2272
    Vodafone? That doesn't make any sense to me. The mere fact that Orange sponsored the PalmSource Developers conference in Munich is proof enough to me that Orange will continue to sell Treo's. Vodafone however is a big partner of RIM (Blackberry) and SonyEricsson (P9x0) in Europe and so I don't see them going after Treo's at this stage.

I reckon somebody (an American perhaps?) at bargainpda confused one large European operator with another...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Vodafone? That doesn't make any sense to me. The mere fact that Orange sponsored the PalmSource Developers conference in Munich is proof enough to me that Orange will continue to sell Treo's. Vodafone however is a big partner of RIM (Blackberry) and SonyEricsson (P9x0) in Europe and so I don't see them going after Treo's at this stage.
    You might be right, but Vodafone Spain carry the 600 so I don't suppose that it would be a huge leap for Voda to start offering the 650 more widely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    I reckon somebody (an American perhaps?) at bargainpda confused one large European operator with another...
    But there are reports of a new European carrier.
    Thx MarkC, I didn't know about VF Spain and hadn't seen the Forbes article. It might mean both VF and Orange, that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by adzo
    orange have just told me that they will not be selling the phone!!!!!!!
    Breaking news at mytreo.net shows that Orange will be selling the 650

It may not be until Feb 05, but I can wait
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    This article suggests that Orange will be launching 3G Edge handsets over the next few months. Does that mean the 650 will (if it comes out on Orange) be 3G?

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5507.html
    =============================
    play back this tape, I swear you'll see
    i only wanted you to be with me
    kill the last romantic
    then come back for me
    I'm not so sure Orange will be making the leap as having just spoken to them on the phone, the guys said it is widely thought that it does not make money for Orange and it may also impact their own SMV2000 phone....the PD2K clone....

So I dunno......what to do....wait or jump to something else.....
    Adzo

Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Breaking news at mytreo.net shows that Orange will be selling the 650

It may not be until Feb 05, but I can wait
    I can't find that news at mytreo.net.

I just contacted Orange about EDGE in the UK ('currently no active EDGE network') and also asked about Treo 650 availability; I was told that Orange haven't yet decided whether to offer the phone or not. The chap I contacted was most helpful and said he should be able to let me know what they decide in mid December. If they do offer it, he says it will be Jan or Feb.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    I just contacted Orange about EDGE in the UK ('currently no active EDGE network') and also asked about Treo 650 availability; I was told that Orange haven't yet decided whether to offer the phone or not. The chap I contacted was most helpful and said he should be able to let me know what they decide in mid December. If they do offer it, he says it will be Jan or Feb.
    -- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=32

Giggle. Consider it now given!
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Lol. I guess we'll see mid December. He who giggles last ...
    Orange guy was trying to plug the pd2k clone quite a bit, which leads me to think they ain't that keen on the treo.....as pd2k would also mean people using data packages...which are bloody pricey if you ask me....
    Adzo

I moved from T-Mobile just to get this phone. I think Orange is cheaper for data than T-Mobile but there signal strength in my area, Weybridge, Walton on Thames etc is nowhere near as strong.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Has nobody else seen this:
    http://www.phones2udirect.co.uk/Prod...e_Treo_650.asp
    They could just be 'guessing' to get pre-orders.

If they won't be getting the 650 until February then Orange are unlikely to be pushing it until nearer the time.
    I just got this email from Orange UK's online shop; not good news Im afraid:
    Thank you for your Email.
    Unfortunately we have no plans to launch the Treo 650 on the Orange network in the near future. For alternative handsets please visit www.orange.co.uk

Kind Regards
    Michael
    The Orange Shop
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarks
    I just got this email from Orange UK's online shop; not good news Im afraid:
    Thank you for your Email.
    Unfortunately we have no plans to launch the Treo 650 on the Orange network in the near future. For alternative handsets please visit www.orange.co.uk

Kind Regards
    Michael
    The Orange Shop
    Did you really expect them to say anything other than that

Palm have said February 2005 for Europe, and Palm did not admit the 650 existed until about 1 week before they launched it, so it's hardly surprising that Orange have been told not to say anything.

My suggestion is Happy Christmas, lets talk about this in the New Year
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast