Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 273
  1.    #1  
    hmmm.. does anyone know if the 650 will be stocked by Orange ? My concern here is that if the 600 was not a big seller for them, and I don't think it has been, then they may not sell the 650. Who else of the UK / Euro carriers would sell it then ?
  2. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #2  
    Wish I did know. I'm quietly confident that Orange will stock the 650. I don't think any other carrier will. Although the Treo wasn't a big seller for them I reckon they've made a fair bit of profit out of the people who did purchase it- I've never spent so much money on data charges etc as with this unit!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3. #3  
    I'm going to NYC in November, so I might get one SIM free if Orange haven't announced it by the time I go.
  4. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #4  
    This is worrying; Marcus recently posted this in another thread "Unconfirmed: The 650 may be a Sprint exclusive for "several months".
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  5. #5  
    the treo is going to be released on orange UK late this month or early november i know this becuase i have become quite good friends with my phone trainner in my local orange shop
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6. #6  
    Also, don't forget that the Treo 600 has the highest ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) of the entire phone catalog of Orange UK, and Orange has been very present lately with a Code Camp in France, the PalmSource DevCon in Munich, and a planned Code Camp in the US.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by PRANKSTAR
    the treo is going to be released on orange UK late this month or early november i know this becuase i have become quite good friends with my phone trainner in my local orange shop
    I really hope you are right. I've asked in 2 of my nearest orange shops, and a customer services person, and they've all told me there is no info, they've also told me that it's not listed as being under review which means it certainly won't be available in Oct or Nov. Please let this be a cover up!

    The SPV M2000 has been shown as coming soon in the Orange magazine in Sept and Oct, yet there seems to be nowhere on the web giving a good indication that it will really be due soon. None of the phone shops I've found on the internet even have it listed as coming soon (except one that also has the Treo 650 listed, and I think they've just taken the info from what they've found on the net rather from Orange).
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Wish I did know. I'm quietly confident that Orange will stock the 650. I don't think any other carrier will. Although the Treo wasn't a big seller for them I reckon they've made a fair bit of profit out of the people who did purchase it- I've never spent so much money on data charges etc as with this unit!
    it was you !! As I said elsewhere, apparantly Orange make more per Treo user on data plans than on any other phone. Let's hope it's enough for them to stock the 650. Why would Palmone let only Sprint sell the phone ? What % of total treo useage is through Sprint I wonder ?? If I remember correctly, when the 600 came out last October it wasn't showing on Orange's website until after and the shops didn't have it in stock until after the online retailers like mobile.shop.
  9. Hicks's Avatar
    Posts
    936 Posts
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    it was you !! As I said elsewhere, apparantly Orange make more per Treo user on data plans than on any other phone. Let's hope it's enough for them to stock the 650.
    Murrayalex, I think I now know what you're on about!

    Even though I've never spent this much before on data charges (never discussed a figure, so this could be peanuts), it doesn't mean that I wouldn't be interested in buying a Treo outright and even from abroad, instead of being tied into a contract for 12 months.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

    Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    Also, don't forget that the Treo 600 has the highest ARPU (Average Revenue Per User) of the entire phone catalog of Orange UK
    Important to remember concurrently to this is that an individual phone's ARPU says nothing at all about that individual phone's sell-through rate.

    It could easily be that Orange only sold three TREO 600s but each one of those was bought by a starlet who can't hang up...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    Important to remember concurrently to this is that an individual phone's ARPU says nothing at all about that individual phone's sell-through rate.

    It could easily be that Orange only sold three TREO 600s but each one of those was bought by a starlet who can't hang up...
    - that's quite correct, but no-one on here is claiming that the 600 has been a huge volume sales success for Orange...if anything, the posts are probably saying the opposite, hence our concern about availability of the 650 in the uk
  12. #12  
    -
    Edward Green
    www.treospace.co.uk
  13. #13  
    thats a load of bull if you read it you will see that the features they list are wrong i dosent have a 1mp camera for starters
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

    Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  14. #14  
    The following should give us a hope of the 650 on Orange :

    PalmSource at CTIA Wireless
    At the Orange Partner booth, developers can learn best practices for creating Palm OS applications, get information on the Orange Developer program, and test-drive award-winning smartphone software on the latest Orange-branded Palm Powered devices.

    Found in a report on MyTreo.net today.
    The above would imply that Orange will be selling Palm OS based phones.

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  15. #15  
    My Treo600 buzzes and I called OrangeUK who said that they could not replace it with another Treo, only another brand as they no longer sell Treos. They also told me that Treos are not "Under Review" which means there are no plans to release it I am somewhat cheesed off.

    BTW I have done the Mod, it has not improved anything at all.

    I feel trapped with a dysfunctional 'phone.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    My Treo600 buzzes and I called OrangeUK who said that they could not replace it with another Treo, only another brand as they no longer sell Treos. They also told me that Treos are not "Under Review" which means there are no plans to release it I am somewhat cheesed off.

    BTW I have done the Mod, it has not improved anything at all.

    I feel trapped with a dysfunctional 'phone.
    When I had battery problems they replaced the handset within 24 hours.
    To do that they must have had a supply of handsets around the country.

    Therefore, unless they have sold the handsets off cheap to clear stock, you should still be able to get your hands on one. Jump up and down a lot and you might just manage to get them to "find" one.

    Good luck,

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  17.    #17  
    main article on the treocentral front page says that Orange will be selling the 650 from 2005.
  18. #18  
    the 650 hasn't even made it onto the PalmOne UK website yet, what does that mean, if anything?
    Animo et Fide
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    the 650 hasn't even made it onto the PalmOne UK website yet, what does that mean, if anything?
    sorry, no idea. It will probably be months, just like it was for the 600, before you can buy an unlocked one. They'll be relying on carrier sales I would imagine initially.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    When I had battery problems they replaced the handset within 24 hours.
    To do that they must have had a supply of handsets around the country.

    Therefore, unless they have sold the handsets off cheap to clear stock, you should still be able to get your hands on one. Jump up and down a lot and you might just manage to get them to "find" one.

    Good luck,

    Chas
    One hour before I made this post I called Orange, they said they could not replace my phone I would have to accept a different current phone. When did they replace yours?
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions