Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    This is a better (well...cheaper :-) link to the Expansys one.

I doubt the delivery date is right, but not a bad deal.

I can not see these being less than 150-200 on Orange for the first couple of months or so.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118630

Kev
    I can't resist saying hello to a fellow Kev Wright - that's what the 'k' and the 'w' in my user name refer to.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevwright
    This is a better (well...cheaper :-) link to the Expansys one.

I doubt the delivery date is right, but not a bad deal.

I can not see these being less than 150-200 on Orange for the first couple of months or so.

http://www.expansys.com/product.asp?code=118630

Kev
    Hope the Treo isn't that expensive, but looking at the Expansys cost I'm sure you're right...

I'm seriously considering buying the Sony Ericsson P910a at the moment. The build quality compared to the Treo 650 looks exceptional. I know it has a flimsy looking keyboard; but I don't input huge amounts of text at any one time. I need to do some more research as I no very little about it's OS, or how the software compares to Palm.

The only things putting me off at the moment is the fact that I've invested so much money in the Palm OS. Hope I can resist until the Treo 650 is finally released!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Spoke to Orange shop Hampstead today-said 650 in next week. would be "under 50 to upgrade from 600"
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnp
    Spoke to Orange shop Hampstead today-said 650 in next week. would be "under 50 to upgrade from 600"
    sounds too good to be true - but i hope youre right - that would be brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by stevnp
    Bound to say that I wouldn't hold my breath for this
    But I'm holding my breath anyway as you never know
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #127  
    as threatened I have gone instead for a T5 and Moto V3 and have it all set up bluetooth wise, it's working a treat so far. I just found that I was using the 600 as a PDA for work more and more and the smaller screen compared to the T5 screen is not good enough for Docs togo stuff, Tealdoc, Isilo stuff which I use a lot. I may well come back to the 650 once you boys had tested and approved it though ! I've even got the V3 set up for email and it work well on that front too which is another reason not to need the 650 / 600. Not sure I fancy that Sony thing Hicks, had a look at one in orange shop at Ocean Terminal last week and it's a hefty bugger, felt the keypad thing looks like it could blow off in a cross wind ! It's nice to have slim, light clamshell phone again that slips into your pocket unobtrusively...but having said all that I just know in 3 months time I'll be begging for a treo again !!
    but having said all that I just know in 3 months time I'll be begging for a treo again !!

You sure will , murrayalex, my V3 is currently for sale on Ebay, and the 650 is working fine. Big screen = big pockets
    Went into Orange today - they said that they were expecting the Treo this week but it hasnt happened so next week looks likely... could it be true??
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleymarks
    Went into Orange today - they said that they were expecting the Treo this week but it hasnt happened so next week looks likely... could it be true??
    I hope you are right
    But I would expect any new phone to appear on the Orange website as "coming soon" first, for at least a week or two before it hits the shops ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I hope you are right
    But I would expect any new phone to appear on the Orange website as "coming soon" first, for at least a week or two before it hits the shops ?
    Me too. The SPV M2000 was 'coming soon' for weeks on the web site before it was available. I rang my local Orange shop this morning and they said they don't have a date yet but expected that it would be available 'middle of next month'.
    This is really odd - and it's getting confusing. The PalmOne press release says Q2 for release on Orange. Orange shops swear that it's potentially only a week or two away.

Does anyone have any definitive information on whether the phone is REALLY delayed until April (at the earliest), or if it's going to have a low profile launch in early March?
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter McKean
    This is really odd - and it's getting confusing. The PalmOne press release says Q2 for release on Orange. Orange shops swear that it's potentially only a week or two away.
    No less confusing because the PalmOne press release doesn't appear to be on their web site. It's certainly not here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/company/pr...t_releases.epl

or here:

http://euro.palmone.com/europe/en/about/pr/index.html

where you might expect it to be.

TreoCentral have run the Q2 story so perhaps someone in the TC inner circle could comment on it's origin and validity?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I like the fact that on the Expansys web site the Treo 650 GSM model is on the "Top Selling Palm Product list" at the moment.... seeing as the release date Expansys are currently quoting is the 17th March!
    Last edited by Hicks; 02/22/2005 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Missed a word out
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    Not sure I fancy that Sony thing Hicks, had a look at one in orange shop at Ocean Terminal last week and it's a hefty bugger, felt the keypad thing looks like it could blow off in a cross wind ! It's nice to have slim, light clamshell phone again that slips into your pocket unobtrusively...but having said all that I just know in 3 months time I'll be begging for a treo again !!
    Hmmm... I'm still in an agony of indecision over making the jump to the P910. At the moment I think I'm going to hold on for the Treo 650- but it better be out soon or my resolve will crack! I haven't been able to actually get my hands on a P910 so I can't really appreciate the size of the thing.

Personally I couldn't go back to using two devices MurrayAlex- I would need to wear multi- pocketed combat trousers with all the stuff that I normally carry!

Just got an email from palm after i sent them an email.

Dear Ashley,
    Thank you for contacting palmOne store customer service.
    The Treo 650 should be available within the next 2-4 weeks in the UK.
    This of course is not an official date as yet but expected.

Yours sincererly
    palmOne Store Customer Service Representative

so not long! but too long...
    Thanks to MarkC for this:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...326#post583326

The Register is reporting 17 March for the unlocked 650 in Europe.

'This week, industry sources suggested that the "early March" timeframe can be narrowed down to 17 March, at least as far as PalmOne's own SIM-free version goes.'

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/0...reo_650_europe/

The carrier versions are likely to be earlier or at least coincide with this as this seems to be P1 policy.
    Last edited by ashleymarks; 03/01/2005 at 12:06 PM.
    The unlocked 650 is already available from the PalmOne European website except that they wont ship to Italy, Switzerland, France, or England.
    Call me a cynic but the service providers have never been keen on unlocked units being available when they are touting for trade with contracts, and a high end unit like this requires them to squeeze every penny out of you. I think the unlocked GSM is going to be something you will have to import unless you join the queue in Expansys.co.uk Palmone were very slow in offering the unlocked GSM on their UK site/Euro site to UK customers.
    The unlock files for 600 GSM rocked, and were so popular because of that, and that is why MTDN flew...
    Is anyone else less than enthused by the Orange home screen, not to mention the rather large logo?

http://euro.palmone.com/be/en/produc..._Orange_en.pdf
    Attached Images Attached Images
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast