Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    Get a grip Murrayalex! Seldoms entitled to be interested in the world wide supply of the treo 650! I don't see that as sad chap... Just my two cents!
    nah...you're mistaken...there's a world of difference between being genuinely "interested" and his approach which some might say is of a confrontational / deliberately sceptical nature. Have a look at some of his other 'interested" posts and then ask yourself why he is the only member with an automatic "ignore my posts' link. Then come back and apologise, I won't be hard to deal with.
    For those of you interested in whether Orange will be selling the treo 650 in the UK / Europe and the reference to it in this months MacWorld mag, I have asked them to clarify the source to see whether it came from Orange. They have already replied to confirm the photo is not a photoshop mockup and the mag editor...no less.!!..said he would let me know asap if it came from Orange themselves.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    You must be joking Murrayalex! Get off your high horse. I am entitled to my opinion and you will have to accept it chap. You're the confrontational one as far as I can see. You're too harsh.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    For those of you interested in whether Orange will be selling the treo 650 in the UK / Europe and the reference to it in this months MacWorld mag, I have asked them to clarify the source to see whether it came from Orange. They have already replied to confirm the photo is not a photoshop mockup and the mag editor...no less.!!..said he would let me know asap if it came from Orange themselves.
    Good detective work! I'm sure we'll all be interested in the MacWorld reply.

I'd still like to see a copy of the picture myself... No other MacWorld readers out there with a scanner?
    sorry Stig...I don't have a working scanner at present otherwise I would have...it's on page 23 under "news"
    Can you take a photo of it?

If you don't have a digital camera you can use your Treo 600 if you have one!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So is there actually ANY real evidence to suggest when I can get my upgrade here in the UK? I've made it clear to Orange that:

1) No, there isn't a comparable handset. If my t600 breaks before I get a t650 they'd better bloody get me another one.

2) I WILL be getting a t650. Yes, I'm willing to leave Orange after 6 years if that's what it takes.

It's not that I WANT to leave Orange, because basically they've been pretty good to me over the years. And I live on the south coast, where they have the best coverage. And their only rival (Vodafone) don't actually have a proper GSM network (doesn't support voicemail standards and such) and their tarrifs seem really expensive in comparison. But I care more about getting a t650 or at least getting continued support and breakfix on my t600. If it breaks at the moment, Orange will try to fob me off with some windows piece of crap with no keyboard and loads of moving parts. Why exactly do I pay for insurance again?

Various people seem to be saying various things:

It's definately coming to Orange, but not until Feb.
    Orange aren't currently considering it.
    Vodafone are definately going to carry the t650 in the UK.
    Orange have an exclusive deal on the t650 until the middle of 2005.

So what's actually happening? Does ANYONE know?
    you mean if my 600 breaks they will not supply me wioth a new one?
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    That's what they told me, so mine is off for repair at the moment.
    o so its not as if they would leave you in the dark they will get it repaired
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    So are you saying that Orange will repair it if it breaks? What about if it's stolen?

Much as I loved them at the time, I really can't face going back to Nokialand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    1) No, there isn't a comparable handset. If my t600 breaks before I get a t650 they'd better bloody get me another one.

2) I WILL be getting a t650. Yes, I'm willing to leave Orange after 6 years if that's what it takes.
    Just in case anyone from Orange reads this I ought to let it be know that I agree 100 % with 1) & 2)

As far as the question "will Orange be selling the t650", I think the answer is that someone in the UK will be selling it from Febuary'ish onwards, but there is no way you will know if it is going to be Orange until they announce it, which on past form will not be until about 7 days prior to the release date.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    i am getting really impaitent about the 650 now i mean i nearly jumped to the dark side but just as i was thinking it over i got an sms on my treo and then thought of how good the 650 would be so i didnt. But how long is this going to last? i mean there are PPC devices coming out all of the time so palmone get your act together

Quote Originally Posted by Richks
    So are you saying that Orange will repair it if it breaks? What about if it's stolen?

Much as I loved them at the time, I really can't face going back to Nokialand...
    No I don't think Orange will repair it. There is a repair center, who's name and number is on this site somewhere, but I doubt if Orange would pay for it now that they don't sell it any more.

I bet their T&C say that they can offer you a free replacement handset, if you are entitled to one, of the same value.

So if you T600 breaks tomorrow I would take the best handset they will offer FOC, and then in February go to another provider and get a great deal as a new customer, with your old number, on a T650. The only problem with this would be if Orange were the only ones doing the T650, as you could then not transfer your old number to a new Orange account.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thing to do to get around that (please don't try this without getting all the facts straight first)

Buy a PAYG sim from T-Mob (about 10 -15 quid)
    Close account with Orange.
    Transfer number to T-Mob (FOC, IIRC)
    Wait until Orange account closes
    Open new acct with Orange, get Treo 650 and save 150 quid
    Transfer number back (also FOC, IIRC)

Means using a PAYG sim for 2 weeks or so, but hey, it's a 150 pound saving!
  14.    #54  
    You must be joking Murrayalex! Get off your high horse. I am entitled to my opinion and you will have to accept it chap. You're the confrontational one as far as I can see. You're too harsh.
    sorry old chap I have no wish to argue wiyh a fellow Aberdonian..hoever I stand by what I said about Seldom Visitor, he just trolls through threads posting to be a killjoy which I find irritating, he's well known for it.
    I was in an Orange shop in Edinburgh on Sunday and they have no note of the phone for imminent release, the guy said this means it won't be out for at least a month. He did however say that he knows it's "in the system". He appeared to have some semblance of credibility and knew a fair bit about the 650.
  15.    #55  
    ha ha !! You might have noticed that in fact Mr SeldomVisitor has just been banned by TC for abusive language and trolling !! See the Banned thread..
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    ha ha !! You might have noticed that in fact Mr SeldomVisitor has just been banned by TC for abusive language and trolling !! See the Banned thread..
    You know what Murrayalex?- I am not interested. You are entitled to your opinion and I mine. I will not waste any more time fencing with you over such an irrelevant subject.

If TC has banned Seldom then I bow to their greater wisdom- this does not mean that I agree with you in any way. I do not have an unhealthy obsession with his posts or opinions, and have not researched his post history.

Why not channel your confrontational views into a more productive enterprise? Perhaps you should provide a photo from the magazine and try to keep on track?
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    You know what Murrayalex?- I am not interested. You are entitled to your opinion and I mine. I will not waste any more time fencing with you over such an irrelevant subject.

If TC has banned Seldom then I bow to their greater wisdom- this does not mean that I agree with you in any way. I do not have an unhealthy obsession with his posts or opinions, and have not researched his post history.

Why not channel your confrontational views into a more productive enterprise? Perhaps you should provide a photo from the magazine and try to keep on track?
    I have to agree with Murrayalex to some extent.

I have come across lots of SV's posts during the time I have been a member, and they mainly seem to be designed to wind people up without adding to the thread.

Still enough of this, lets get on with the matter in hand,

Thanks to Richks for his thoughts on what to do if you get a breakage
    Thought of the day :
  18.    #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    I have to agree with Murrayalex to some extent.

I have come across lots of SV's posts during the time I have been a member, and they mainly seem to be designed to wind people up without adding to the thread.

Still enough of this, lets get on with the matter in hand,

Thanks to Richks for his thoughts on what to do if you get a breakage
    thanks Chas
    hope this picture is viewable..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Treo 600 Orange started buzzing recently, so as I had Orange Care I took the unit back to the Orange shop where I bought it. After a 
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    thanks Chas
    hope this picture is viewable..
    Great to see the photo at last - thanks!
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast