Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    If Orange Care can't get you a replacement Treo, I'd contact A Novo and see if they've got any in stock. Go down the warrantee route instead.

The only other phone I'd consider from Orange would be the SPV C500.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    One hour before I made this post I called Orange, they said they could not replace my phone I would have to accept a different current phone. When did they replace yours?
    Sorry I should have said, my replacement was back in March.

See http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=53260 for more details.

Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Went to the Orange store in Cambridge today, to buy the Treo 600 because I thought that there is no hope of getting the 650 until next year. The Assistant Manager told me that the Treo 650 is scheduled to be with them in around two weeks!!!!

So I'm going to hang on. She said that the 600 is being run down in all the stores. I know that it is no longer on the Orange website.

Here's hoping that she's right about the time frame.

Philip
    Quote Originally Posted by phil456
    Went to the Orange store in Cambridge today, to buy the Treo 600 because I thought that there is no hope of getting the 650 until next year. The Assistant Manager told me that the Treo 650 is scheduled to be with them in around two weeks!!!!

So I'm going to hang on. She said that the 600 is being run down in all the stores. I know that it is no longer on the Orange website.

Here's hoping that she's right about the time frame.

Philip
    This doesn't exactly mesh with what p1 have been saying, but I hope you're right.
  5.    #25  
    orange never seem to know what's happening so it wouldn't surprise me, unfortunately, if that young lady was misinformed. I still think early next year is more likely.
    I'm sort of hoping that Vodafone will have it first or at the same time as Orange. Link.
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clulup
    A lady at an Orange shop in Zurich just told me that they will start selling the T650 in January. She even knew a few things about the T650 (like better screen, bluetooth, small keyboard in comparison to SPV M2000), which means quite a lot.

I cannot imagine Orange will sell the T650 only in Switzerland, so I guess eventually all "Orange countries" will get it.
    Taken from http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62405

So, there is hope!
    if vodaphone and orange have the 650 then thats great as my contract with orange runs out soon and then we can have some freedom
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  9.    #29  
    There's a small feature on the new 650 in this months MacWorld magazine. Interestingly enough, the picture of it has the Orange logo on the phone. Conclusive proof of Orange selling the phone ?
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    There's a small feature on the new 650 in this months MacWorld magazine. Interestingly enough, the picture of it has the Orange logo on the phone. Conclusive proof of Orange selling the phone ?
    Can anyone get a scan or a link to that picture? I've tried searching www.macworld.com to no avail.
  11.    #31  
    sorry Stig...I don't have a working scanner at present otherwise I would have...it's on page 23 under "news"
    Yes. Orange will be stocking the 650
    www.gsmworld.com
    Hi all, I am considering buying either a treo 650 in the US and bringing it to Europe (Spain, mostly, where I am sort of living for a while) and using it here with their roaming, or buying an unlocked one (too expensive, $800!) and using it with a prepaid card from a local cellphone company. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    thanks!
  14.    #34  
    still no news about UK availability anywhere...seems likely to be next Feb...come on someone, give us something to get excited about !!
    Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmorea
    Hi all, I am considering buying either a treo 650 in the US and bringing it to Europe (Spain, mostly, where I am sort of living for a while) and using it here with their roaming, or buying an unlocked one (too expensive, $800!) and using it with a prepaid card from a local cellphone company. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    thanks!
    Wherever you buy it, you are going to need an unlocked GSM Treo 650. Is it true that the Cingular 600's were unlocked? Maybe P1 will have a good deal for upgraders, like the 399 deal for the Treo 600. With the dollar so low against the Euro at the moment, buying in the US seems a good idea.

Once in Spain, you can buy a SIM for $20 can make cheap local calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by nzmoko
    Yes. Orange will be stocking the 650
    I'll believe it when I see it - Orange has just introduced another PDA/phone WITH keyboard:

-- http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5589.html
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    I'll believe it when I see it - Orange has just introduced another PDA/phone WITH keyboard:

-- http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5589.html
    and are they only allowed to sell 1 pda/smartphone product ?? are they only allowed to sell 1 mobile phone as well ?? They have been selling their own branded smartphone for a while already alongside the treo 600 so I don't think that will influence their decision to sell the 650 in Europe. All the available "evidence" suggests they will stock the 650. I have always assumed that you were based in the US SV ??!!
    I have always assumed that you were based in the US SV ??!!
    This is relevant?
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    This is relevant?
    yes...because :
    1 - if you are US based why are you bothered about Orange supplying / not supplying the 650 ?? I for example, being UK based, don't give 2 hoots whether Sprint, T Mobile or Cingular or whoever it is are going to be selling it in the US and I certainly wouldnt make myself look a little bit sad by posting on threads discussing the same
    2 - you are wrong
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    yes...because :
    1 - if you are US based why are you bothered about Orange supplying / not supplying the 650 ?? I for example, being UK based, don't give 2 hoots whether Sprint, T Mobile or Cingular or whoever it is are going to be selling it in the US and I certainly wouldnt make myself look a little bit sad by posting on threads discussing the same
    2 - you are wrong

Get a grip Murrayalex! Seldoms entitled to be interested in the world wide supply of the treo 650! I don't see that as sad chap... Just my two cents!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast