Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    Well what do you know???? Its happened! The 650 is for sale online on the Orange website!! Im not sure if I believe it! Only about 9 months late but we got there in the end!
    Still not available in France :-(
    The Orange Treo 650 is now available on Orange Uk's web site.

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/yourplan/build

still not mentioned on PalmOnes Uk site
    Got it for free.. but i did spend the last 3 months bulking my bills out
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cs7sje
    Got it for free.. but i did spend the last 3 months bulking my bills out
    What Rom number are Orange shipping ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    firmware: 01.21
    software 1.09
    Attached Images Attached Images
    came with stereo earphones, memory card and a spare stylus too.
    Quote Originally Posted by cs7sje
    firmware: 01.21
    software 1.09
    Interesting, so obviously Orange were not waiting for 1.25 as some people thought.

It would be interesting to see how the Orange 650 differs from an unlocked gsm one?

Any mention of Push To Talk in the handbooks etc? , as that was another reason given for the delays.

I expect all these questions will be answered when more handsets start hitting the doors steps next week
    Thought of the day :
    I have just heard that mobiles.co.uk have despatched my Treo 650 on a 40 monthly (talk 300) Orange contract for delivery tomorrow. I paid 40 for the handset. After six months I will downgrade the tarrif probably to the 18 tarrif so the first year bill will be under 400 including a heap of phone calls! I bought the 600 in a similar deal in Oct 2003.
    mobiles.co.uk is the first supplier I have found this week who had stock. It only came in today.
  10.    #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Interesting, so obviously Orange were not waiting for 1.25 as some people thought.

It would be interesting to see how the Orange 650 differs from an unlocked gsm one?

Any mention of Push To Talk in the handbooks etc? , as that was another reason given for the delays.

I expect all these questions will be answered when more handsets start hitting the doors steps next week
    what firmware is that ? presumably it is not the original firmware that caused some probs with the memory issues ?
    Quote Originally Posted by murrayalex
    what firmware is that ? presumably it is not the original firmware that caused some probs with the memory issues ?
    I believe the original 650 was 1.09, which had the memory problems.

I also think there is a 1.23 version floating about, but it's not quite stable enough to release yet.

It was said that Orange was waiting for 1.25 before they were going to release the 650 ?
    Thought of the day :
  12.    #272  
    thanks Chas...we should start a thread for UK users for any software that causes probs or ones that hopefully work smoothly.
    You have a deedicated push to talk button and yes it is mentioned on the hnadbook.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314