Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
    Well I wish I knew that a while ago, I would have been working on transferiing my phone out & back to Voda. If I start now it will take another 28 days!

Maybe I should anyway, as if orange release it during that time & I decide to join Orange I have some time to transfer my number in anyway.
    today's useful message from our friends at Orange....

wait for it....

try again on Monday!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    You don't have to pay 2.35 per MB with Voda if you opt for an extras pack.

This is the way it works. You can for instance buy a 14 extras pack. This gives you text, picture, video messaging, or GPRS data that would normally cost you 30. So if you used it all for text messages you'd get 250 messages (30/0.12 = 250; usual cost of a text message = 0.12), i.e you'd getting text messages for 5.6 pence each. The same applies to data. If you used your extras pack for data only then you'd get 12.77 MB (30/2.35; usual cost of data: 2.35/MB) but you're only paying 14 thus the cost per MB is 1.10. Much better!

There are several of these extras packs:

Cost of pack - usual value of services - data* - cost per MB*

3 - 6 - 2.55 MB - 1.18
    6 - 12 - 5.11 MB - 1.18
    14 - 30 - 12.77 MB - 1.10
    25 - 60 - 25.53 MB - 0.98
    40 - 120 - 51.06 MB - 0.78

(I would quote your whole post MarkC, but it's too long!).

I didn't realise that Vodafone offered these "extra packs". It's interesting that each network offers such different deals.

After doing some quick calcs I think it would cost me more with Voda- largely because of the amount of data I use. I also send many texts/ mms messages.

Without an "extra pack" I find it hard to believe how much Voda charge for GPRS.

Thanks for your information anyway Mark- you've obviously done your home work!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Well I waited until monday as told, tuesday in fact and this is what i was told...

16th may!

Well the pigs are flying past my wondow as we speak. i'll believe it when i see it!

Paul
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutterworth
    Well I waited until monday as told, tuesday in fact and this is what i was told...

16th may!

Well the pigs are flying past my wondow as we speak. i'll believe it when i see it!

Paul
    Good God! The Orange Treo 650 better be as stable as a brick the amount of time they're spending on it!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

It'll be the same size as a brick considering the size other mobiles will have shrunk to by the time they release it
    Well I called another supplier today, and they expect them this week too!
    Fingers crossed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pbutterworth
    Well I called another supplier today, and they expect them this week too!
    Fingers crossed!
    WARNING - WARNING

Learn from experience and lower your expectations... when they say "23rd" and then "30th" and so on then you won't be disappointed. But if it does come out on the 16th then it'l be like Xmas came early!

And when it does eventually come out I'm going to tease them by saying "you kept me waiting; now you can bl00dy wait!"...
    ...only joking
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TobyW
    It'll be the same size as a brick considering the size other mobiles will have shrunk to by the time they release it
    Ha, chap at work calls my Treo 600 the "brick"!

Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My Girlfriend calls my T600 "Lionel" for some reason. Although a friend of mine calls her Treo "Rosa". No idea why.
    Has anyone had any more availabilty news, my P800 is falling appart at the seams, if i have a call of longer than 1 minute the quality really drops, i NEED a new phone!

I'm still being told 16th!
    I went into my local orange shop this morning and was told there isn't a release date. The phone wasn't 'on the system' and no prices were available. I was advised it could be some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by LozzaMac
    I went into my local orange shop this morning and was told there isn't a release date. The phone wasn't 'on the system' and no prices were available. I was advised it could be some time.
    Be sure you talk to one of their 'Business' stores as they are likely to get them first... http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/show/stores has a search, look for the http://shop.orange.co.uk/images/stor...n_business.gif business icons.
    I was told the same thing in France. Release date was May 12th and now there no longer is an official date on the Orange Intranet.

I was told by the business store manager on boulevard Haussmann that the Treo 650 probably would not arrive until at least June. He moreover told me that I was better of going to Fnac (a music/electronics store) as they have it in stock. Indeed Fnac does; but it is the unlocked Treo without the Orange exchange policy.

Orange UK and France probably are waiting for the 1.25 firmware as this should be imminent and actually is a "critical" update needed by all Treos. I just wish the PalmOne could be a little speedier - they have been talking about the NVFS update for 6 months now!
    The Treo 650 is available in Orange France !!!!
    I was looking to the phone available to my account since a while, this week i have noticed that the Treo 600 wasn't available in the web catalog.
    I called Orange Thursday and they told me that the treo 650 will arrive in June :'(

But this morning ( it's 04:00 ).
    I have take a look ! And Woow !!!
    I see now the Treo 650 in the web catalog !!!
    The price is not shown yet but the phone and is caracteristics are in.

Take a look at the picture ( it's in french sorry ... )

I'm going to sleep very happy today !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    I see now the Treo 650 in the web catalog !!!
    The price is not shown yet but the phone and is caracteristics are in.
    It's been shown like that on the Orange UK website for a couple of months with no price. Still is . . . I wouldn't get your hopes up.
    So bad !!!
    You are true I checked when i woke up and it was gone :'(
    It must have been a test ... but hope's still there !!!!
    The Orange France website now lists the price of the Treo 650.

With 2000 points (having a large two year subscription) I can upgrade for around 500 euros. Very expensive in my opinion. I was able to upgrade to the Treo 600 for 300 euros with less points two years ago.
    Orange UK site remains unchanged
    I called orange they said it is still being tested. No date. No news