1.    #1  
    Hello,
    I called the Fido CSRs to activate GPRS on my system and it simply does not work. I have created a network profile under prefs->network as follows:

Service: Fido GPRS
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: fido
    Password: fido
    APN: wap.fido.ca (I also tried internet.fido.ca here)

I made sure the "IP address automatic" and "Query DNS" were checked under details ->advanced.

Whenever I click connect, it show that it is negociating but then returns saying that the service is not available. Now I know that I am in GPRS coverage. I called Fido CSRs again and they said that GPRS has been activated for my phone but that since it is not a Fido phone they cannot help.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Try searching the threads. I'm sure I have seen this explained before.
    Quote Originally Posted by illico
    Hello,
    I called the Fido CSRs to activate GPRS on my system and it simply does not work. I have created a network profile under prefs->network as follows:

Service: Fido GPRS
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: fido
    Password: fido
    APN: wap.fido.ca (I also tried internet.fido.ca here)

I made sure the "IP address automatic" and "Query DNS" were checked under details ->advanced.

Whenever I click connect, it show that it is negociating but then returns saying that the service is not available. Now I know that I am in GPRS coverage. I called Fido CSRs again and they said that GPRS has been activated for my phone but that since it is not a Fido phone they cannot help.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Hmmm....I have the same Fido network settings above and have no problems connecting to Fido GPRS. When trying to connect to GPRS, do you go via Prefs Section, then Network, and then select Connect? or do you just go to Blazer or email and connect from there?

I am going to toss you a bunch of questions to see if we can come up with a solution.

01. What version of Firmware are you using?
    02. Is your phone unlocked?
    03. Do you have a voice package with your Fido GPRS?
    04. Tried using another Fido SIM Card with GPRS?
    05. Where did you buy your Treo 600?
    06. What city/town do you live in?
    Hello. I spent 3 days on the phone to FIDO and finally figured out the settings to get your UNLOCKED Treo to send and receive MMS and Email messages.
    First thing you have to do is open your “Prefs” application from your House on keypad.
    You will be setting 2 Service Preferences. One for MMS and one for your POP Email.

* You first have to click Modify in the bottom right to unlock.

Enter these settings to create MMS preferences:

1) Service: Fido MMS (call it what ever you like)
    2) Connection: select GPRS
    3) User name: fido
    4) Password: fido
    5) APN: internet.fido.ca

Enter these settings if you want to send and receive mail from your Treo:

6) Click the arrow again and choose “untitled”
    7) Now name it “Telus Mail” (or whatever your mail server is)
    8) Connection: GPRS
    9) User Name: fido
    10) Password: fido
    11) APN: internet.fido.ca

Setting up MMS Application:

1) Open MMS application from House on keypad
    2) Click “Options”, select “Preferences”
    3) Select “Custom” then “Edit…”
    4) Click “Yes”
    5) MMS Gateway Address: 205.151.11.13
    6) MMSC URL: mms.fido.ca
    7) MMSC Port Number: 9201
    8) Network Profile: “Custom” and select “Fido MMS” ( this was created in the Network preferences earlier. Then click “OK”

Setting up Mail application:

1) Open Mail application from House on keypad
    2) Click “View”, then “Edit Accounts”
    3) Select “New” and under Name Tab choose whatever you want for “Account Name”
    4) Fill in your name, email address (ie:fred@telus.net) user name and Password for this.
    5) Click on Server Tab
    6) Incoming (POP3) Server: (ie: pop.telus.net)
    7) Outgoing (SMTP) Server: gprs.fido.ca
    8) Then click on Advance Tab and select “Leave mail on server (your choice)
    There is no need to fill anything else under this Tab
    9) Then click “OK” then “Done”

Take care and hope you can understand all the above
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi
    I have a ipaq 6315 and I subscribe to the $20 unlimeted internet at Fido.
    That plan suppose to be for the Hitop phone but I make it work on a motorola and now I try to make it work on my IPAQ
    I enter all the settings like:
    APN: wap.fido.ca and internet.fido.ca
    User: fido
    password fido
    It conect to the network and if I do a self test it will give me a IP a DNS and a Default Gateway. I can ping no problem the default gateway but that's all I can do. If I ping any other domain or IP I get a no reply back.
    I know the dns work since I get a IP each time I ping a host.
    IE said that it can not display the page and MSN messenger said that it can't connect. So I'm on the GPRS network up to the gateway.
    Is there andy proxy that I have to use. I already try the 205.151.11.11 but it did not work
    Any ideas?
    I moved to Fido lately, and I have problem setting the GPRS on my Treo 270, which was working with the other service provider before.
    My phone should be unlocked, and I can use my Fido SIM and other SIM for voice service.
    I tried the suggested setting above, but my problems are:
    1) if I use internet.fido.ca under Pref->Network it fails on connect and says my GPRS setting is incorrect
    2) if I use wap.fido.ca under Pref->Network, it connects, but none of the Blazer or Email or Chat program is working.

My questions are:
    1) I think at least the Blazer should work, if the wap.fido.ca can connect. Do I need to set proxy, if so, to what?
    2) Why is the internet.fido.ca not working? Any idea?
    Do you have GPRS service activate with Fido ??
    Sometimes doens't come with the voice service.

Fabian
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Good Morning ,

I bought a 6315 from ebay (tmobile) I flashed the rom so now it is and standard HP ipaq and not Tmobile. Everything works well EXCEPT I cannot get my mail using GPRS. I can hook up to the GPRS BUT I am not able to get my mail or surf the internet.

I am not sure if my setting are correct. i was wondering if you were able to solve this problem and if you could share it with me.

I am on the city Fido plan 45.00 unlimited I did not take a data plan but that does not seem to matter since they will just bill you at .15 k.

I look forward to hearing from anyone...

Fibronet
    robert@bsdnetworks.com
    Hi ,
    I have a HP 6315 pocket unlocked with Cingular pc /smartphone.I would like to connect to the Fido modem so I can surf the Web and connect to the GPRS with Fido.I went to the technicien @ the Fido store and here's what he told me :
    GPRS settings

In start -->settings-->connections under my ISP,chose "add new modem connection"
    Enter a name for this new connection (I put Fido Internet)
    Select a modem Cellular line(gprs)

click next
    acess point : internet.fido.ca

click next
    unsername and password:both set to "fido"
    domain205.151.11.11

click finish

close this window

This procedure doesn't work for me .
    Help ME!!
    Thanks
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fibronet View Post
    Good Morning ,

I bought a 6315 from ebay (tmobile) I flashed the rom so now it is and standard HP ipaq and not Tmobile. Everything works well EXCEPT I cannot get my mail using GPRS. I can hook up to the GPRS BUT I am not able to get my mail or surf the internet.

I am not sure if my setting are correct. i was wondering if you were able to solve this problem and if you could share it with me.

I am on the city Fido plan 45.00 unlimited I did not take a data plan but that does not seem to matter since they will just bill you at .15 k.

I look forward to hearing from anyone...

Fibronet
    robert@bsdnetworks.com

Hello,
    i bought an hp6315 (tmobile). I just received it. i can't get the fido phone service to work on it. it's asking for a PIN number. Also, how did u flash the rom to get rid of "tmobile". i would appreciate any assistance in that matter.

Cheers